I thought my fellow foodies would like this...he, he

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
That's something I've never made - yet, so if any of my American friends can give me a good recipe, that would be fantastic :)
This recipe is from the Bigger Bolder Baking website. It is pretty easy to make and is extremely rich. They are fudgy and not cake- like. They have proven to be very popular with my friends and family. I prefer high fat (22-24%) raw (not Dutched, alkalized or processed) cocoa powder.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup (8oz/225g) butter (melted and cooled)
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (coconut or canola)
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (6 1/4oz/177g) brown sugar
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 1/4oz/227g) white sugar
  • 4 large eggs , room temperature
  • 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup (5oz/142g) all purpose flour
  • 1 cup (4oz/115g) unsweetened cocoa powder (good quality)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups (9oz/255g) roughly chopped chocolate or large chocolate chips
Instructions
  • Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) then line a 7x11 inch baking tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
  • In a large bowl combine melted butter, oil, and both sugars.
  • Add the eggs, vanilla and salt then whisk for about one minute until evenly combined and light in color.
  • Over the same bowl sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do NOT over mix). Fold in half of the chocolate chunks.
  • Pour the batter into the prepared pan, then smooth the top. Generously top with the remaining chocolate chunks.
  • Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the center of the brownies no longer jiggles and is JUST set to the touch.
  • Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before removing from the baking tray and slicing into 16 brownies. Enjoy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saw this and it immediately made me laugh...I tap my tongs ALL THE TIME! I didn't realize why until now...I guess I just instinctively knew to activate them! LOL!

Tongs must me tapped twice to activate and three times for premium tonging.
1692726770642.png

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a picture of my neighbor sharing his bowl of cereal with his cats. He'd take a spoonful and then they would stick their heads in the bowl and start lapping up the milk. :lol:
When I was pregnant with my first every morning I had a bowl of cereal that my (rip) Domino shared with me by going face first into the bowl after I got a spoonful.