I think my cat is a munchkin or has a deformity. What do you guys think?

Darkmists13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Dee Dee was found by my friend 2 years ago with her brother under a house. They were under 10 weeks old. He died from severe illness related to fleas, starvation, and dehydration. She survived.

When she went to the vet she had severe ear mites, worms, a bad eye cold, and a cold. But she got meds and has been healthy ever since.

My friends have always mentioned her cute little legs and how strange she looks with her long body and short little legs. Also she is a poly. 6 toes on each front paw.

So as I was looking at her I noticed she has bigger joints in the part of her legs where her paws meet and her paws are huge compared to her body but she is an poly so maybe that's why. I was wondering if she somehow came from a feral with munchkin in their past. I just dont know why someone would throw a purebred put in the first place. She was totally feral when we found her. Skittish and agressive. But even though shes still skittish around company she is a very affectionate cat.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Darkmists13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dwarfism can show up spontaneously, just like in humans. It doesn't mean there were any purebred Munchkins in her heritage.

Her legs do seem shorter than average but I'm not sure how to determine if it's actually dwarfism or a natural variance. She's very cute!
Ty! I was worried when I saw her joints in her feet that she was going to have some health issues in the future. She certainly is adorable!

Dario the GreyCat

Owned by Dario since 10/09/2019
Adult Cat
Purraise
My dad's cat Tina has short legs; she's a cat that he found when he went somewhere to get a door for my mom and they were trying to sell her. So he came home with a door and a kitten. I highly doubt purebred anything is anywhere in her lineage.
Your girl is adorable!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with the others. She has shortish legs, but its not the munchkin range.
I would sooner guess on inbreeding.

I like such shy cats, may be afraid to visitors but affectionate to the own family, making excellent friends.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Darkmists13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My dad's cat Tina has short legs; she's a cat that he found when he went somewhere to get a door for my mom and they were trying to sell her. So he came home with a door and a kitten. I highly doubt purebred anything is anywhere in her lineage.
Your girl is adorable!
I agree. I figure more likely a deformity. She was a feral when we found her.

Kissamew

My attitude is inspired by cats....
Young Cat
Purraise
She is adorable!