I think my cat have some Bengal mix

Loulove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As soon as I saw him, I suspected that he may have some Bengal or other oriental breed mix. Ihave own domestic tabby cats all my life and this one is not like the others.
His eye is big and round (color seem green but he has an ulcer). His back legs are longer than the front, with really long feet. Long tail. His fur is a creamy color, with brown marking.
He is very confident, use his front paws a lot, active and very intelligent and social.

His marking is very common so I am not sure.
We where told he was a farm kitten but I doubt it considering the place he was found (Montréal).

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You never know! Since he has no registration papers he will always be listed as a Tabby Domestic Shorthair, but from your description, he could very well have an oriental breed somewhere. They are very long-limbed, very talkative, and very stubborn. He is beautiful!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think he is a ticked tabby talking about his tabby type.. Although we can discern some stripes on the backside, but they arent very clear. Lets call them for ghost stripes.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
His face looks kind of Bengal-ish, in my opinion (although someone may come along and correct me). Without papers, you never know what breed a cat is as di and bob di and bob already pointed out. If you’re curious, there are cat breed DNA tests available, but these won’t tell you what breed he is, just what breeds he is genetically the most similar to.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Loulove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks !
I know the different tabby fur, his stripes are definitely common, but I was surprised by his general appearance, really elongated and his is big for his age. The color is unusual for me too, very velvet/creamy beige-brown.
He is not vocal, maybe because he is in his own world (partially blind and deaf). But stubborn yeah 😅

I don't really care about the breeds, it's really curiousity !