I think my cat has allergies??? Maybe???

SAVANNALP

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone--

I am new here! I have an 8 year old cat named Squishy. He has had a watery right eye for almost his whole life and never thought anything of it. Just recently his eye has been worse and hes been scratching at this right ear. When i tried to look inside his ear it was all dirty looking. Figuring he had an ear infection, although he was still eating, drinking, going to the bathroom and playing!! I was taking him outside on the harness as well. (Allergies?) Since i had started to put Zymox drops in his ear 1x a day and it definitely seems to be helping. Now today it seems like hes backtracking...his eye looks bad again, hes twitching his ear again, seems to be SOMETIMES breathing louder like snoring maybe?? So i was thinking maybe seasonal allergies??
What does everyone think??? And if you do think seasonal allergies what can i do for him??? :)
Thank you!!! Attached is Squishy!!

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. How long was he on the Zymox? The 'standard' is 7 days, but is sometimes it is needed longer than that for an extensive infection. Did a vet prescribe the Zymox? If so, what did they say about the eye? It would seem to me that this might more likely be viral in nature as opposed to an allergy - or the infection is bad enough to be affecting his eye as well.

If I were you, I would consult the vet about both his ear and eye to see what else they might want to check on/give him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SAVANNALP

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi no a vet didn’t prescribe it I just looked on chewy for ear infection drops for cats!!! I’m just concerned about the breathing. He seems to be like a louder breathing, maybe stuffy? I don’t want him to get asthma or anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SAVANNALP

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I’ll give it until Monday and if he shows no improvement I’ll call the vet!!