I think I rushed it this year

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am almost completely finished with my Christmas shopping this year. I wanted to make sure that there was tim for delivery since I am ordering everything on line. Do you know how difficult it is to buy stocking stuffers on line without breaking the bank? I usually just go to the Dollar Store or Ocean State Job Lot for them. I still have a few of the stocking stuffers to get, but am mostly finished. Now comes the difficult part - wrapping all the gifts. I have some help from the felines that make it hard to get done - and I am picky about wrapping. I used to do gift wrapping for one of my jobs when I worked for the now defunct JC Penneys.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am almost done too. Really only the oldest is left and that is because he hasn't given me any ideas.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In trying so hard. I’m waiting on MIL so I know what she got. SIL is helping her with it. I wanted to run into Claires for DDs stocking but I don’t know if that will happen. And like you said; online makes it easy to go overboard. I’m doing most online; some stuff is just harder. I have to raad labels for any candy and sometimes the online images don’t really show what they say so that’s harder to do too.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't even started yet.....:oops:

I usually give home made cookies and squares to my (adult) family, and haven't even started baking....I usually start in October. Kinda stressing...
My sister is taking care of buying my gifts for my nieces this year. She's going to do one big order online and then give me what's "from me" to wrap. But I still have to get them their Christmas ornaments. I started a tradition since they were born. Every year, I get them an ornament that represents something from that year for them. If nothing stands out, then I'll just get a pretty ornament that I know they'll like. My sister has told me that they love this, and get really excited to hang their new ornament on the tree on Christmas Eve.
My sister said she found an ornament for my youngest. A seagull with a Santa hat....for whatever reason, she loves seagulls...
So what I'm going to try to do is find a crow or raven (they look the same in a child's eye) ornament for my other niece, that is "her bird"....Again...not sure why the crow is her favorite.
I always try to keep the ornaments themed, just makes it more special I guess. We always date them as well, so they can look back and see the "progression" or their tastes/hobbies/likes as they grew up.
I also have to still buy for my husband. Again, haven't even started. We don't do fancy gifts, but we like to open presents Christmas morning, as well as our stockings.
Gotta get a move on!!!!!!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am done! Finished last GC today!
just waiting for an order of tiny things to come in: a really good Shea butter vanilla tin for a few gifts.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought my Christmas cards today. Will go out in the mail next weekend. Also plan to decorate the house next weekend too!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Since we're not seeing our Grands, we're mailing down checks and some cookies. We'll do that right after Thanksgiving.
I have a few things for Dear Richard so far. We are debating what we want to do with Christmas this year and, well, we're considering a new fridge. It's something that we really need.
Rick's mother will get a gift box with assorted goodies and chocolates.....IF we're allowed to give her anything, due to the pandemic. They shut the nursing home completely down and we're not even allowed window visits anymore.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gf and i made it easy peasy this year digital xmas cards. by email for all and amazon gift cards for all the kids zero risk of spreading any covid germs this way of course i lost all the funto be had picking out the loudest most annoying toys to give the young kids in my family :flail:yep i am not a favorite of the moms this time of year haha.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But I still have to get them their Christmas ornaments
We did this with our kids, starting with a baby ornament, until they were grown. My boys have their ornaments but my daughter has never taken hers. They are still in my basement. I don't think that she and her roommates ever put up a tree since most have gone home for the holidays.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just about finished my Christmas shopping,and I'm running late this year....usually done way before now.When I decide to wrap them all,I do it all in the bedroom with the door closed.Well,Mystery might be allowed,but she rarely gets into anything.I tried one year on the dining room table and that was a disaster.Ha!they all had fun but I got nothing done!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,Mystery might be allowed,but she rarely gets into anything.I tried one year on the dining room table and that was a disaster.Ha!they all had fun but I got nothing done!
I have to wrap in the living room, it's the only place with ample floor space to spread out. So my family just know that there will probably be random tape on the gifts to repair claw rips, wrinkles from all the pouncing on the paper and fur stuck under the tape as well. :rolleyes3: :p

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,Mystery might be allowed,but she rarely gets into anything.I tried one year on the dining room table and that was a disaster.Ha!they all had fun but I got nothing done!
I have to wrap in the living room, it's the only place with ample floor space to spread out. So my family just know that there will probably be random tape on the gifts to repair claw rips, wrinkles from all the pouncing on the paper and fur stuck under the tape as well. :rolleyes3: :p

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're so brave!We have a king sized bed,and I just stack everything on the floor and wrap on the bed.It's not perfect but it works.

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I did almost everything online this year, and as I wanted to beat the Black Friday rush, submitted my last (I think) order to Amazon today. Still need to get a few gift cards, but can get them at the grocery store. And then, probably, one quick trip to the Dollar store for gift boxes, bags, tags, etc.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele has been doing Christmas shopping a little at a time for the last few months. Today, I got dragooned into doing the wrapping. She says that I'm better at it. Suuuuuuurrrrrre.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually try to get an ornament for my kids every year too. I think I already got DS a Mario one last year though. I will wait till the tree is up to decide.

We have a pub height kitchen table. Its perfect for wrapping gifts and big fabric projects. No back straining! 😅

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Just starting. I have the fabric for a blanket for my mother but I have to work to finish it. I have one other gift I picked up today and a few to order off of Amazon tomorrow. The rest is small stuff that I will probably pick up if stores remain open.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, I got dragooned into doing the wrapping. She says that I'm better at it. Suuuuuuurrrrrre.
I can't use that reason with my husband....we've actually been brought to tears laughing at his wrapping skills...or lack there of. I swear he does a bad job on purpose.