I swear there must be Catnip in my new shampoo

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been using different shampoos for some time now, but since I got my hair colored a couple weeks ago, I finally broke down and bought some new shampoo and conditioner. I got Dove, for fine, color treated hair... which mine is both. Now, here's the deal...

My living room is set up so that my couch is in the middle of the room, with a rather tight space behind it for my desk and chair. Typically my office chair is backed up right to the back of the couch. After I take a shower, JoJo loves to jump up and sniff my damp hair. Well, today she went further. Freak.

This is her behavior: Sniff, rub against damp hair and down momma's face, repeat as many times as momma will let me. She went nuts.
This is not a common thing for her to behave like this to a smell... other than catnip.

I'm not quite sure what to think here... she has never behaved like this with my shampoo/conditioner before... bizarre kitty... just another oddity to add to the list, I guess.

Anyone else's felines behave like this with their shampoos?

Amanda

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there honeysuckle in the scent? Some cats go crazy over that. Or maybe she is trying to establish her smell again - to "mark" you.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

This is her behavior: Sniff, rub against damp hair and down momma's face, repeat as many times as momma will let me. She went nuts.
This is not a common thing for her to behave like this to a smell... other than catnip. Amanda
Oh Amanda!
I think you feel in a "the nine Cloud" when she do it!
... I envy you!!!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish it were catnip, but more than likely some form of animal rendering that is attracting her. You can get away from this by buying strictly organic shampoo.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it has a mint smell to it, that might be it. My cats love the smell of mint, as catnip is from the mint family.