I still grieve my Mr. Kitty.

Sara J.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Though he's long been gone, Mr. Kitty holds a dear place in my heart.

Oh, I tortured this cat all my childhood. 😉 I dressed him in doll clothes and rocked him like a baby. I put him in the basket of my Barbie bike and we rode around the neighborhood, and later roller skated as well. Why he put up with and loved me, I will never know!

He loved dogs and would seek companions for us to adopt. Many a scruffy stray pup found his way to our door by following our naughty, social Mr. Kitty.

In his senior years, he adopted a young kitten he'd found in the engine of a vehicle and tried to rescue, then alerted us when he couldn't accomplish the task. (Such a smart cat, truly.)

It brought joy to my heart to watch him chase and play with that baby not to mention the long naps they loved to take curled up together.

Long before we knew how terrible declawing was for cats, he was declawed. A thing that breaks my heart now, knowing what I do about it. But I must say, it never stopped him from bringing home critters on occasion. He even brought home a live bat once and set it loose in our living room! 🤣

He was an absolute love bug to any and all humans. I don't think he ever met a stranger he couldn't entice to snuggle with him.

Oh, I've had several cats since and all were special and unique but my Mr. Kitty knew he'd always (shhh) be my favorite. How I miss him!
received_1051522055185812.jpeg

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll be honest with you.

I had a cat, Oliver and another cat, Sassy. Both of them were incredibly special to me. Sassy died when I was in 6th grade. I loved that cat, he'd let me do pretty much everything you did with yours! He just didn't care, or loved me enough to let me do it lol. Oliver died when I was about 19. He was a special cat too. My very first kitten! Even though they both died so long ago, I still think about them a lot, at times cry still. I love all my animals, and we all have special bonds, I think, but those two were with me through some pretty traumatic childhood stuff. They were my support system. I actually have a picture of Sassy on my fridge =)

I think it's totally normal to still grieve and miss a beloved cat that you lost.So you shouldn't feel like you're weird or anything for it. You're not! And clearly you loved this cat a great deal! What a beautiful picture, too =) It's so sweet looking. Mr. Kitty was a beautiful cat!

Would love to hear stories about Mr Kitty! If you ever feel like telling them <3

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are some who hold such a special place in our hearts and soul that they are sure to hold such a prominent place in our memories too. Some dear ones that follow the bond of love back to us no matter how distant or how long. Their love was such a special one we will be forever grateful for them for sharing it with us, forever thankful that they shared our life journey for a while. Although they will be dearly missed, they are somehow still a loving part of our continuing journey. We will honor their legacies with our memories of what special places they held in our lives and in our hearts. That although they left a huge hole in our worlds, they continue to try to fill that void by sending their love and by giving us the knowledge that they will be forever a part of our world, then and for eternity.......

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Mr. Kitty, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever!

What a lovely tribute to a much-loved and dear friend! I, too, had a very special cat friend growing up, and still grieve for him, as well. His name was, rather prosaically, "Gray," and I've posted about him many times here. One day, I'm going to do a search, and collect all of the stories I've told about him. They shape our lives, and for the better, don't they? And they stay with us forever.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sara J.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Mr. Kitty, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever!

What a lovely tribute to a much-loved and dear friend! I, too, had a very special cat friend growing up, and still grieve for him, as well. His name was, rather prosaically, "Gray," and I've posted about him many times here. One day, I'm going to do a search, and collect all of the stories I've told about him. They shape our lives, and for the better, don't they? And they stay with us forever.
Oh absolutely! Can't even imagine my childhood without Mr. Kitty. (My best friend!)

Sara J.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are some who hold such a special place in our hearts and soul that they are sure to hold such a prominent place in our memories too. Some dear ones that follow the bond of love back to us no matter how distant or how long. Their love was such a special one we will be forever grateful for them for sharing it with us, forever thankful that they shared our life journey for a while. Although they will be dearly missed, they are somehow still a loving part of our continuing journey. We will honor their legacies with our memories of what special places they held in our lives and in our hearts. That although they left a huge hole in our worlds, they continue to try to fill that void by sending their love and by giving us the knowledge that they will be forever a part of our world, then and for eternity.......
I like to think Mr. Kitty sends me special animals from time to time. Some of the cats I've had were challenging but my theory, off and on, is he knows I am capable of the same deep affection I had for him. 😉

Sara J.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are some cat's that are so special I lost my first cat Rusty when I was 16 I'm 49 now and still think about him and miss his funny ways. Lovely picture.
Indeed. I am very grateful for the long time I had with Mr. Kitty. So many memories.
Sounds like Rusty was a wonderful kitty!! Big hugs to you.

Sara J.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll be honest with you.

I had a cat, Oliver and another cat, Sassy. Both of them were incredibly special to me. Sassy died when I was in 6th grade. I loved that cat, he'd let me do pretty much everything you did with yours! He just didn't care, or loved me enough to let me do it lol. Oliver died when I was about 19. He was a special cat too. My very first kitten! Even though they both died so long ago, I still think about them a lot, at times cry still. I love all my animals, and we all have special bonds, I think, but those two were with me through some pretty traumatic childhood stuff. They were my support system. I actually have a picture of Sassy on my fridge =)

I think it's totally normal to still grieve and miss a beloved cat that you lost.So you shouldn't feel like you're weird or anything for it. You're not! And clearly you loved this cat a great deal! What a beautiful picture, too =) It's so sweet looking. Mr. Kitty was a beautiful cat!

Would love to hear stories about Mr Kitty! If you ever feel like telling them <3
Aww. Sassy and Oliver both sound like wonderful companions.
❤😻😻❤
Admittedly, I still grieve my sweet boy. Sometimes I see a cat with similar markings and my heart just aches.

It often amazes me how much love these special cats have for us given all we did to them 🤣. I played dress up well into my preteen years and Mr. Kitty was a seemingly happy victim of many a wild costume. 😉

Sending hugs and love to you, dear.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a special cat Mr. Kitty was indeed. By what you have told us he was a really smart kitty, one of the smartest cats I ever heard of.
He was friend to everyone, dogs included, and was willing to help others. Like my poor Tom.
I'm sure they are together now, helping other furry friends to come to terms with parting from their humans and show the newcomers to the Rainbow Bridge how life is up there.

Thanks for sharing with us some moments of your life with him.

Sara J.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He was pretty special indeed. The only thing I can attribute his special feeling for dogs and most other creatures is time spent on a working farm for many years and exposure to a vast array of animals because of this. Also, because it was a farm we saw a sadly large amount of animals abandoned and deserted, because they assumed, being a ranch, we would take care of them. (We did of course, though I fear many probably didn't make it down our long, four mile road before being picked off by various predators.)

Still, even of the many farm kitties I have had over the years, Mr. Kitty was definitely unique.
I'm sure he is having a ball with your Tom as well. 🥰