I Should Have Named Him The Energizer Bunny

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Any suggestions? Treasure never calms down. Chamomile and other calming agents sold for cats don't work. Playing with him doesn't work (just gets him more wound up) and he's so bad that Sopdet now runs the minute she sees him (and she's very playful) and Shaman just told him off with a hiss and swat in the face. I feel sorry for him but it's hard to believe a 5 year old cat acts like a 7 month old kitten. Toys don't wear him out and he isn't interested in catnip. TBH if he was a human I'd find him a bit annoying and always under foot.

lawrence38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have a very active cat too, and we had her sister as well that unfortunately passed away recently who was even more of a night crawler. If you have multiple cats and yet Treasury doesn't find enough entertainment with them, maybe try to get him into some playful routine, what we do with our Corleone is we each have turns to give her some "action" when she's up for it (which is easy to tell as she's quite vociferous about it). For example, what she likes most with me is to play fetch as well as sometimes laser tag (I bought them one of those robotic laser toys too, but they very quickly learned I'm not doing it and they just started ignoring it), so in our case, when she gets moody and demanding for someone to play with her, I either bring out some cut up cocktail sticks which she loves chasing and fetching back to me, this quickly wears her out after throwing it across the other side of our flat, and other times I'll be using the light toy thing, the blue mouse one is her favorite, she loves running for it especially across the bed :)

Good luck with Treasure, hope the other kitties will join him more in playing sessions too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Like I said playing with him does not work. He just gets more wound up. And I'm the only one dealing with this. Toys work him up and he almost went blind from laser toys so I no longer use those around the cats.

Last edited: