I really need some advice

Mya Clemons

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat shiro is pregnant But she is also sick she has rough breathing and doesn’t act right, I just noticed this hard stuff on her mouth looks like dried snot but I’m not sure. She’s eating and drinking so far, This is her first pregnancy she got out of the house and mated with a stray, she’s never rlly been outside before she’s a inside cat every since she was a kitten, I’m very worried about loosing her this cat is everything to me. Can I please have some advice.

Lucy&Petra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she might have a 'cat cold'. Is a trip to the vet possible?

Lucy&Petra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hear you, and I'm sorry this is happening. Try not to worry too much. If your cat is eating and drinking normally then it's pretty often the case they are OK. You could also try calling an animal shelter to ask them if they know of any vets that help low-income folks. But really my take away message to you is to not worry and remind yourself it will be OK! 🤗

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she has an an upper respiratory infection (URI). Antibiotics would clear it. Perhaps you can ask for a payment plan at the vet. It would be an office visit plus the meds - should be less than $100. Call around for prices.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure she has plenty of humidity, it really helps. Run your hot water in your bathroom until it steams up or put her in there when you are done showering/bathing for 15 minutes or so. Also make sure she is drinking plenty, offering water several times a day. Look on Amazon or pet med sites on the internet and see what they offer for upper respiratory problems. There may be something in farm supply stores, just make sure it is OK for cats and pregnant ones too. As long as she is eating and drinking, everything is good, keep her warm and offer lots of love.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mya Clemons

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Make sure she has plenty of humidity, it really helps. Run your hot water in your bathroom until it steams up or put her in there when you are done showering/bathing for 15 minutes or so. Also make sure she is drinking plenty, offering water several times a day. Look on Amazon or pet med sites on the internet and see what they offer for upper respiratory problems. There may be something in farm supply stores, just make sure it is OK for cats and pregnant ones too. As long as she is eating and drinking, everything is good, keep her warm and offer lots of love.
[/QUOTE
Thank you so much 🤍