I really need help knowing my cats breed.

Hanouf_and_cookie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I bought her from a person who claimed she was a persian but im sure she isnt so i really wanna know her breed.shes talkative and she has a thin medium length coat and requires minimum grooming.she hates being left alone.really playful and curious and affectionate.she is around 3 and a half months old as the vet says but the person i bought her from didnt even know her correct age and aold her to me when she was only a month old still drinking milk saying that she is 3 months old.

Attachments

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is beautiful!

But, no Persian at all. I see no evidence of this.

She appears to be a domestic short hair, Calico. A bit more plush than most short hair cats but since her tail isn't very furry nor does she seem to have paws with long fur on them, I feel confident calling her short haired.

Most cats are no breed nor any mixture of a breed much as they may look like one. The general population of cats contains nearly every possible look you find in purebred cats.

Glad you found each other!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The somewhat shortish nose hints there MAY be some distant ancestry. As they say in Polish: perhaps the fifth dishwater after Yelly-O :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hanouf_and_cookie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was just told she was a turkish van/angora

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a lovely girl!

I would describe her as a tortoiseshell and white domestic longhair. You can also describe her color as calico.

I'm not seeing a strong resemblance to either of those breeds you mentioned. The vast majority of cats are not any particular breed.

Holistic Cat Mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looking at her face she does look 1/2 Persian, either her Mother or Father was Persian.