😳 I pulled this out of my cats belly! 👀

3Dogs2Cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello friends!

I just pulled this out of my cat's left side belly and I was curious if anyone has seen anything like this before.

Backstory:
For about 3 weeks I have seen the light brown tip sticking out of my cats belly. I actually thought it was a nipple which is why I let it go for so long.

When I felt it today it was swollen so I checked again and realized it could be pulled out. After pulling it out I re-examined the site and found there was some whitehead pus that came out. There is a small hole in his skin from where this was pulled out. (Almost like a large blackhead).

I will go to a vet on the 26th to make sure everything is good but I want to make sure everything I don't need to go to an emergency vet or do something more urgently. (I understand advice on vet and medicines is not allowed so any information is helpful).

Thanks for your help with this Mystery.

Pictures:
#1 & #3 are of the thing I pulled out first.
#2 is of the pus that came after.

Best wishes & thank you!

Attachments

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yup, looks like a large blackhead. I had a dog that would get huge ones. You might want the vet to look at it anyway though, just to be on the safe side and to make sure there's no infection.

catsu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My vet seemed to think one like this from my cat was a blackhead also. She said she pulls off all kinds of gross things off dogs. She said it was no parasite she or the other vet had ever seen.

catsu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm seeing on reddit people saying that they are "inverted nipples" and more likely to happen on overweight cats: