I only seem to be able to insert a picture here, not a video...am I doing something wrong?

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can insert a link to videos that are already available online if it is from one of the regular public sites where video is available but you cannot upload your own directly to this site. It takes special software and video servers to do that and we probably can't afford all that stuff.

The best way would be to upload to YouTube or one of the other popular sites then link to it in a forum message.

Once you have uploaded your video to YT, begin typing your forum message then look in the toolbar at the top of you message box. There is an icon with a :) where you can insert an emoji. Just to the right is an icon like ...ˇ. Click on that and you'll get a list of choices. The first one, at the top of the list, is "Media."

Select "Media" and a dialog box will pop up where you can insert the link to your video.

Easy peasy! :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JimmyL

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi tabbytom tabbytom

I converted a short video of my cats - 13 seconds long - into an MP4 file on my iPhone. I then followed your instructions to it in the 'media' section but received a message: 'This file is not encoded in a supported format and cannot be transcoded. Please use a different file'. Is it only me who has trouble loading cat videos in this way? Thanks

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi tabbytom tabbytom

I converted a short video of my cats - 13 seconds long - into an MP4 file on my iPhone. I then followed your instructions to it in the 'media' section but received a message: 'This file is not encoded in a supported format and cannot be transcoded. Please use a different file'. Is it only me who has trouble loading cat videos in this way? Thanks
One way to get around this I think is to upload the video to YouTube. Once loaded to YouTube, click share and link from there.