I/O at vet's

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
I/O, my bicolor girl, has something wrong in her mouth...probably dental. The shelter told me 2 years ago, when I got her, that she was 4...but she behaves more like a senior cat. I suspect she's more like 10-15 at this point. Anyway, she is very non-compliant when it comes to anything that requires restraining her in any way, so they are sedating her today to do the examination and possibly fix the issue. Just would appreciate good vibes!

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes:
:) I hope all goes well - perhaps the vet can give you a more accurate estimation of her age when he examines her.
Good luck!
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

My Buddy Mikey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I/O, my bicolor girl, has something wrong in her mouth...probably dental. The shelter told me 2 years ago, when I got her, that she was 4...but she behaves more like a senior cat. I suspect she's more like 10-15 at this point. Anyway, she is very non-compliant when it comes to anything that requires restraining her in any way, so they are sedating her today to do the examination and possibly fix the issue. Just would appreciate good vibes!
Sending her good vibes.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Big hugs from Fort Worth! Hope all is well with your girl. (Do you go to a cat only vet by any chance? There's one in FW by Hulen Mall)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You are doing the right thing. We all get concerned about sedation, but when it is necessary you have to allow it. Sending good thoughts to you and your kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, no dental issues, and she came through the sedation ok. They clipped her claws for me, too! She's a pain to clip.
She has an osteosarcoma on the lower part of the left side of her jaw. I looked up treatment - since this type of tumor is generally found on extremities, traditional treatment is amputation, which is not an option here. It doesn't seem to bother her much - she's eating, drinking, lets me rub under her chin where the bump is - so, until she has difficulty, I've decided to basically do nothing. When it starts to affect her quality of life, I'll revisit my options. Thanks for all the vibes!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am sorry that you received this diagnosis. You are taking the right approach in keeping her happy and comfortable. Personally, I would not attempt any surgical intervention on this as, if nothing else, the survival rate is not high.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to post when I took her in for euthanasia - posted on Facebook but not here. She went to the Bridge on November 24, 2021.