I need your feedback on the site

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
TheCatSite is brand new and I'm still changing things around. Any comments you may have will be appreciated.

Anne

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
What do you think of these forums?

Do you feel they cover all the feline-related subjects?

Do you think we should have more subject-specific forums, or perhaps less?

Please tell me - there's always rom for improvement.

blinc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Was just wondering if you can give us the name of the cats and owners? The ones whose picture is posted on your main page? Just curious I guess. If it's a members cat or whatnot.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
You're absolutely right there. I actually say that on the newsletter every week - but I guess I should have a statement on the picture itself. It's a technical matter really, the photo on the main page islinked to an actual image file (and not to a web page) - so I can't add anything to the photo itself.

I hope that within a couple of weeks, we'll have tha "Cat Pages" running smoothly. What I intend to do then is to pick out the picture of the week from the newly added cat pages and then link the picture from the main page directly to that cat's page (with all the info about the cat and its owner).

Don't forget to get all your cat photos scanned by then!

blinc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, you have a much better understanding of tech stuff then I do! I'll take your word for it!

I just got a scanner and have a digital camera, with photos already in a folder... how do I send them to you? In an email?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
No, the new application will take care of everything. You'll be able to easily upload the files to the server and see your web page!

It's coming along real fine. I'll be meeting the programmer next week and we'll start working on design issues. Hopefully we'll have a beta version online within a few days!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:oops: Sorry Anne, I don't know how I "travelled" so far back and lost myself in this thread. I was trying to upload a photo in one of the articles "Why do cats paw at the water dish" and I was asked for the URL of the image..............

Last edited:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
golondrina golondrina - I am just seeing your question now. Did you ever get the answer?

if not, at lower right corner of the reply box, next to "post reply", there's an "Upload File" button. You want that one to upload images to!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Draco but the "upload File" button I find in the forum threads not in the Articles threads. Please see my following post N° 14.

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Draco but the "upload a file" button is only in the Forums threads. In the Articles threads there is only a "post your comments" button. I have tried to click on the little mountain on the top of the reply box and then I am asked for the URL of the image I want to upload. I have done that and I only get a little square with a red X. Perhaps we are not supposed to upload photos in the Articles threads? For the moment I haven't received a satisfactory reply from any moderator or member. They all "tell" me about the non existing "upload a file" button.

Last edited:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
golondrina golondrina ah, I don't think you can post images in articles, only in threads. You'll have to use a photo image host (Photobucket or imgur), and use the URL there to put an image in. One can't upload a file there

I am sorry you weren't getting the proper answers previously

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one question, and forgive me if this was already addressed, but I haven't been on poking around in a while.

When a member starts a thread, there used to be THREAD STARTER next to the avatar, I don't see it anymore, and on long threads it gets confusing on who actually started the thread. Now I know you can just go back to the original first message but I was curious if there was something on my end that needed to be turned on to get this feature back.

Other than that, this new format is looking and functioning nicely.

Thanks again for all the work you all put into running this site. It makes a difference to many of us.

Be well my fellow cat lovers. xo

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
When a member starts a thread, there used to be THREAD STARTER next to the avatar, I don't see it anymore, and on long threads it gets confusing on who actually started the thread. Now I know you can just go back to the original first message but I was curious if there was something on my end that needed to be turned on to get this feature back.
Yes! We're definitely going to bring that this feature. Our developer has a long list of tasks to complete (many of them relating to "behind the scenes" elements) but this is definitely one of them!

Thanks for your feedback! I'm really glad you like the site :hearthrob: