I Need To Rehome My Cats

Grace lattery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello my name is grace, and I have two wonderful three year old cats, I can no longer care for them I live in Minnesota.. I've been trying to find them a good home for some time now and it's just not working out. They're both brother and sister the male cat is Egyptian Maus, he's loveable likes to cuddle on his own time. He does love to eat dry food. He loves to lounge around and sleep but will be by your side. He isn't declawed and his shots have been up to date. He is very independent and doesn't like a lot of attention just when he wants it.his name is Shadow. His sister name is snickers and she's also a Egyptian Maus orange and white though. She's way more dependent she follow you around everywhere and will meow when she doesn't get a lot of attention. She loves to snuggle day and night and loves to rub her head on you. She's the sweetest girl in the world she's not as energetic she is calm and will lay on you she doesn't like to play with toys to much she will maybe tap on it once or twice, she is a great bug and nice catcher! She also eats dry food shots updated and nails not declawed they both use a litter box as well. I need to find them a new home soon they're both 3years old. My work is in the way and I work 24hr shifts continually throughout the week and I don't have time to always clean there litter box and give them the attention they need.. I really need help if anyone is interested I won't charge a big fee I'm sad to have to give them up but I also think I'm allergic to them something new that's been going on. Please message me and help me thanks so much.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds lime you have some time to find them good homes.

Kijiji is full of cats being given away for free. That is where we got greg and arnold. We also follow the adopt, dont shop philosophy.

Be very careful to whom you give them. Some people use free cats for training fighting dogs or food for snakes...I have even heard some are sold to labs for experiments. If the new owners wont let you visit the cats and stay in touch, I would not give them the cats.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellocomputer:Welcome to TCS! Sometimes other cat rescues will do a courtesy post on their sites. You might look for a breed-specific rescue, such as an Egyptian Mau rescue, and ask them. I hope that you find a great home for them - they are lovely cats!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they purebred Egyptian Maus or is that just a guess? If they're purebred and you got them from a breeder, contact the breeder; they like to keep tabs on their cats and help find them new homes even if it's years later. If they're purebred but you didn't get them from the breeder, contact a breed rescue. Purebreds can almost always be placed easily.

If they're not provably purebred. . .well, that's harder :/. Try contacting as many rescues as possible. If you're willing to foster them until an adopter can be found, most rescues should be willing to list them for you.

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Actually I think you might be jumping at this a little to fast. Cats can go for several days without someone watching them especially if they have company with each other. A few years ago I was hired to help out with a project in a town 200 miles away. I spent 4 days there and 3 days home for almost 3 months. The cats were just fine although a little hungry on the last day. They tend to gorge when they have a lot of food, at least for the first day so they go through it faster than if it is rationed. Anyway if you set things up for them they can be fine for several days.
They also make these cat cams, I don't remember what they are called, but they allow you to check on them remotely and even talk to them.

I found it --- It's called a pet cube and it will even dispense treats.
Petcube – Interactive wireless pet camera