I need to know how to make a drop trap (and good drop site site provided)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looks like that one can easily be moved by a cat, and if I get a cat with this it will be 10-15 minutes before I can get someone to help me get the cat into a carrier or trap, so I need something more stable/heavy that will be secure wthout someone having to hold it down. I need one like the one shown in the link I provided, with the 4 wooden corners.

Do you know any instructions for that type?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I made this one - I never wrote down the instructions for it but can probably recall the list of materials. I donated it to a Humane Society so I have no way right now to do exact measurements but can come close enough. How detailed do you need it to be? Is the person who is making it handy?

It's in line with the wooden ones. Ain't pretty, but it doesn't need to be pretty to catch those hard to catch ferals.

I didn't read all of the instructions, but we discovered this by accident: If you place the trap on a concrete surface, it can shift if the cat pushes hard against it. To prevent that from happening, get a strip of rubber and put it under the side of the trap that stays on the ground when it is set. The alternative is to glue rubber strips to the bottom wood boards.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by keith p

I found the instructions on another design aswell so you can choose which you like best.

http://droptrapdesign.blogspot.com/2...-your-own.html
Just read thru the directions. They are probably better than I would be able to write up and mine was basically designed this way. I remember making mine about 40-44" square - the bigger width helped prevent the cats from escaping.