I need some opinions!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See that's what's nice about Chewy. If they get your order wrong, they tell you to keep it, donate it, don't waste money sending it back.

Okay, I know it's scary to call someone and complain, but fixing what went wrong is the job of the person you'll be talking to. You can do it with their chat line where you're typing not actually talking, look on their website on the bottom. Or you can send an email again look at their contact line at the bottom. Either way is less stressful than talking on the phone.

No, I don't think delivery has a grudge against you. i think it's a new person on the route who is still getting used to the job. Remember how when you start a job it takes longer than once you get the hang of it. They aren't allowed to return to base until all deliveries are made and they don't really have a/c in the trucks. He/she is hot and tired and probably doing the best they can for the whole route so missing a bit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
See that's what's nice about Chewy. If they get your order wrong, they tell you to keep it, donate it, don't waste money sending it back.

Okay, I know it's scary to call someone and complain, but fixing what went wrong is the job of the person you'll be talking to. You can do it with their chat line where you're typing not actually talking, look on their website on the bottom. Or you can send an email again look at their contact line at the bottom. Either way is less stressful than talking on the phone.

No, I don't think delivery has a grudge against you. i think it's a new person on the route who is still getting used to the job. Remember how when you start a job it takes longer than once you get the hang of it. They aren't allowed to return to base until all deliveries are made and they don't really have a/c in the trucks. He/she is hot and tired and probably doing the best they can for the whole route so missing a bit.
I really hope so. It's just a few weeks now of things being really weird with deliveries. The placement, the fact that some drivers leave my mailbox wide open, missing items. I know you're probably right, though, and I'm just being anxious/nervous because that's what I do best D:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's probably new drivers, new warehouse people at Chewy, nothing personal. Starting jobs is chaos, at least it was for me. Whoever takes the odd day on the mail route tends to not get our mailbox shut again. You know they do get two days off so there is the sub one day a week. Poor thing, s/he has to learn 5 routes. Oh, and it tends to be raining on those particular days.

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
It's probably new drivers, new warehouse people at Chewy, nothing personal. Starting jobs is chaos, at least it was for me. Whoever takes the odd day on the mail route tends to not get our mailbox shut again. You know they do get two days off so there is the sub one day a week. Poor thing, s/he has to learn 5 routes. Oh, and it tends to be raining on those particular days.
That's part of why I get so nervous complaining! I don't want to get anyone in trouble either >.<

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt Chewy would fire someone for basically being new. Same for delivery companies. Chewy would be more distressed to discover that you hadn't gotten your order and didn't say anything so they couldn't fix it. AND when you let them know and they fix it, you can tell people right here about that and that will be very good for Chewy. :)

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
I doubt Chewy would fire someone for basically being new. Same for delivery companies. Chewy would be more distressed to discover that you hadn't gotten your order and didn't say anything so they couldn't fix it. AND
when you let them know and they fix it, you can tell people right here about that and that will be very good for Chewy. :)
That's true! Chewy's always been absolutely amazing about fixing things for me and never making me feel bad about calling! I know amazon can be kind of strict with their employees though.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just keep in mind this is Chewy, not Amazon (who will need to figure out that this is no longer the 19th century sometime.) The delivery companies know this is a labor market not a company market right now. They also know it takes time to learn routes. When you talk/message Chewy just tell them you absolutely do not want anyone to get in trouble over this, you just want your carrier or to know whether you should order another one. Ask them to promise no one will get in trouble. You can do that and Chewy is good about keeping their word.

The only difficult thing is you can't reply to the emails they send you because they go to whoever isn't reading one at the moment so it won't go to the person who sent it. If you want answers be sure to use the email form on the contact page, don't reply to one they send you. AND it may take them over night to get back to you. Do NOT worry about that or think they are upset/offended or not believing you. {can you tell I've considered some of the things you're thinking?}

You're good.

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
Just keep in mind this is Chewy, not Amazon (who will need to figure out that this is no longer the 19th century sometime.) The delivery companies know this is a labor market not a company market right now. They also know it takes time to learn routes. When you talk/message Chewy just tell them you absolutely do not want anyone to get in trouble over this, you just want your carrier or to know whether you should order another one. Ask them to promise no one will get in trouble. You can do that and Chewy is good about keeping their word.

The only difficult thing is you can't reply to the emails they send you because they go to whoever isn't reading one at the moment so it won't go to the person who sent it. If you want answers be sure to use the email form on the contact page, don't reply to one they send you. AND it may take them over night to get back to you. Do NOT worry about that or think they are upset/offended or not believing you. {can you tell I've considered some of the things you're thinking?}

You're good.
I'm one of those people who could be 100% innocent but still act/feel guilty because I assume people think I'm guilty haha, so you're spot on about me worrying about that for sure lol.

I've mostly been calling chewy and talking directly to them. They offer replacements right away without asking anymore info. I felt so bad, I tried to ask the one girl if I could send the other cat tree back because it was a 70 dollar cat tree and I felt bad keeping it and just letting it dry out to see if it was okay, but her system was having problems and we ended up disconnecting. I reconnected and the guy I ended up on the phone with told me to just keep it or donate it. They're all super friendly and nice any time I've had to call.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We try to keep the weight of the packages
down so they are easier to drag into the house and easier for the delivery
person to carry. Everything takes practice.
Remember if people didn't order no one at Chewy's or the delivery place would have a job and the CEOs would not be making profits. Chewy is doing what can be done if you aren't greedy.

I would absolutely tell them I know you've got new people in the warehouse and I don't want anyone to get in trouble.

You may not realize this but the person you talk to will be able to look up and see which warehouse your carriers were pulled in and every mile of their trip. After all, missing the right number of carriers may be
just the thing to let Chewy know they need to hire another couple of people at that warehouse to deal with the number of orders.

Again, Chewy is not Amazon.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chewy uses FedEx. On the FedEx site they have FedEx manager ( or something like that) where you can leave instructions about where to leave your package. Since I did that I have only had minor issues. Chewy is really good about replacing damaged items and I have never had any problems when I call.

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
Chewy uses FedEx. On the FedEx site they have FedEx manager ( or something like that) where you can leave instructions about where to leave your package. Since I did that I have only had minor issues. Chewy is really good about replacing damaged items and I have never had any problems when I call.
I did after the ant incident, which was what prompted them to put stuff in the back x.x
But still, I had asked for front door since i have an injury/my mom is elderly and can't lift boxes like that. Plus no camera back there/dogs don't hear stuff near the back so no barking to alert us either.

Today they left the packages on the porch, though, so partial success! We're just missing an item, but that could just be a simple mistake in the warehouse. I'm just glad I didn't have to walk through the mud and tote boxes around

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
We try to keep the weight of the packages
down so they are easier to drag into the house and easier for the delivery
person to carry. Everything takes practice.
Remember if people didn't order no one at Chewy's or the delivery place would have a job and the CEOs would not be making profits. Chewy is doing what can be done if you aren't greedy.

I would absolutely tell them I know you've got new people in the warehouse and I don't want anyone to get in trouble.

You may not realize this but the person you talk to will be able to look up and see which warehouse your carriers were pulled in and every mile of their trip. After all, missing the right number of carriers may be
just the thing to let Chewy know they need to hire another couple of people at that warehouse to deal with the number of orders.

Again, Chewy is not Amazon.
Yeah, I was relieved honestly when out of my 700 dollar order only a 20 dollar bag of food was ruined because if it was more than that, my anxiety in calling would have gone through the roof x.x but then the cat tree happened, and now the missing carrier and I'm like 'jesus they're going to think I'm lying'

but I also realize in the last few weeks I have ordered a LOT of stuff, so mistakes are bound to happen when you have a large quantity >.< still feel nervous lol

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Chewy is a good company and, if you contact them, they'll do anything they can to help you.

Several months ago, I had ordered cat food. Well, a few of the cans were not only dented, but actually dented to the point where they were open and you could see inside. And there was gravy in the case. And this was a pretty obvious case that it didn't happen during transit; it happened during packing. I took pictures of the case and the dented cans and contacted them via email. I expected to have the bad cans replaced; what I didn't expect was to get a complete replacement case of the food.

If you don't want to talk to them, take a picture of what you can and email CS. However, due to the mistakes that have been made, I really think calling them might be your best option. They're super nice. Honest.

But I also think you need to contact FedEx as most of your issues seem to stem from them. I know you don't want to get people in trouble. But they need to know if something has happened. And you need to feel that when you place an order, it's going to arrive the way it's supposed to! It's only fair.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Look at it this way; you're helping them sort out whatever issue they've got going on. They don't want it to happen but if we don't tell them, they can't address it. I really don't like making phone calls either. Especially to complain. I've found if I approach it from a non-accusatory stance I am much calmer. Sometimes we need to be firm but friendly usually gets me further. I might mention that it's been several issues lately and it's so different than what you've experienced before from Chewy and whatever company is delivering (I get chew from both UPS and FedEx).