I Need Some Help Identifying These Worms Please.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was outside with greg and arnold this morning and noticed what appeared to be vomited worms on the patio stones. I dont know if it came from one of the cats. See pictures at bottom of post.

To me, the worms looked like common garden type worms. They were red (not white) and dead.

Greg has eaten bugs and both cats eat a bit of long grass occasionally, but they have never shown interest in eating worms.

I have never experienced worms in cats before, so im not sure how to identify them. They dont seem to look like the images of the 4 common worms cats get.

The worms that were on the patio stones where not chewed up, as i would expect if they had come from cat vomit. Rather the worms were whole, making me wonder if they grew from inside the cat and were then vomited out.

The cats are behaving normally, I have not noticed any difference in their stools.

We do have a lot of birds in the yard and I have seen them swallow worms whole, but never seen a bird vomit.

What do you guys think?

Any advice would be appreciated.

20190608_075833.jpg
20190608_075830.jpg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Earthworms?

See if any college in your state has an extension school. There's usually at least one that has a sort of agricultural extension school. You can contact them and ask someone to identify the worms. They will help the public out for various things.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look like common earthworms to me. I can see chewed ends on them. I would bet one of your cats ate one and it didn't agree with them! Yes, bag one up and take it in to your local extension office, if it is a while, freeze it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look like common earthworms to me. I can see chewed ends on them. I would bet one of your cats ate one and it didn't agree with them! Yes, bag one up and take it in to your local extension office, if it is a while, freeze it.
Sigh!!

Thanks, thats what I thought.

It was probably greg eating the worms.

His brother got the brains.