I need some advice on a possible pregnant cat

Maxinee1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys,
I think my maine Coon may be pregnant, she is normally an indoor cat but I took her to my parents house who also have a male maine Coon around Christmas time! This would be her first pregnancy but I am just a little unsure. She seems to be showing signs of ‘pinking up’ and around her nipples seem to be slightly risen I had a super gentle feel of her tummy and I don’t know if I’m just hoping she is more lol. She is also showing some signs of being in heat but I just wanted to ask for some advice that’s all. Do you think these photos look like ‘pinking up’ to you?
thank you!

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a mentor?

I’d advise booking her to get her neutered asap, unless both cats have had hearts (ultrasound) and hips(X-ray) checked (on top of all genetic tests being negative), and they’re both papered breed standard show cats who you have breeding rights for. MCO have too many potential health issues to have untested litters just because someone may want their queen or child to experience a litter or wants to keep kittens.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As above get her booked in for spaying asap (and your parents cat neutered), there should have been a neutering contract if both cats were not done prior to leaving their breeders.

as mentioned they need their hips and hearts checked, along with dna swabs for SMA, HCM and Pk-Def.
Luckily you have time to spay her, no need to risk having kittens.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It does look like pinking up. An ultrasound or x-ray in a couple of weeks would reveal the answer.

How old is your cat? Did you plan to breed her?