I need litter suggestions

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone recommend a cat litter or non cat litter but can be used as litter that isn't dusty but will keep stink down?

I think im allergic to the tidy cats and kroger brands

cocobutterfly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm extremely sensitive to dust, and most brands have irritated my respiratory system. I've also tried most premium litter on the market because our cat is EXTREMELY  picky about her litter. She's disliked most. However, the only one that I found to be of the most minimal dust and odor was the Breeze litter system.

The love only lasted about 2 weeks because our cat disliked it and stopped going into that box (we set up 4 boxes and tested 4 different litter at a time for her to choose). She disliked it because the pellets were too big and heavy for her tiny paws to kick around. She likes covering up her business, but she would never do so with the Breeze. And because she had a hard time covering up her stuff, she just stopped going in there. I wish she liked it because it was the only one that didn't compromise my breathing and it was odorless.

If your cats aren't too picky, then it may work in your case. 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat Attract is one I particularly like. Originally got it because I had a cat not using the litter box (after she was cleared from a physical standpoint). But I LOVE how it has lower dust, and it seems to also hold the smell better than the one I use in the other litter boxes (Fresh Step). It's probably considered premium, but I really like it, and cats generally like it. It's more dense, that's the only downside, which I can deal with.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
If your cat will use it, something like Yesterday's News or Feline Pine is a good option for those with dust allergies. My kitties will not use any pellet-type litter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats Stefan , Blanket and Mikaela wont use pine litter :/

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Corn cob litter, maybe? It's at Tractor Supply. It's not as pellet-y as pine litter, much softer. My cats will use it. It's not terrific on odor control, although it's not bad either. About the same as any non-scented litter.