I need help rehoming sisters

catmandon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I want them to stay together really badly. The current situation I’m in will no longer allow me to foster — I have to leave my home and the cats cat come with unfortunately so there’s no yard and it’s a studio. I have nine and these two are the last without homes.

Super gentle, cuddly, energetic, they’ll talk back to you but don’t usually meow for no reason. I find that soccer is a favorite sport for them, and they really love to chase bugs! They do everything together — twins!

Attachments

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi catmandon catmandon and welcome to TCS! They are adorable and I'm assuming not feral. What venues have you tried to find them homes? Are you able to take them to live in your new home?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
“kittens To Good Homes” – How To Find A Good Forever Home For Your Kittens – TheCatSite Articles

There are some points in this article that might be helpful. Are there any rescues in your area who might be able to help, especially since they seem friendly? It might help if you could offer a donation to the rescue if they were able to take them. Research the rescues a bit though and see how long they keep their cats who are not adopted.

You could use social media like nextdoor.com, make contacts with responsible family and friends who might offer or know of good homes. Ask to be compensated at least $50 for all the care you have provided. This should insure that they are not adopted to be used as bait animals or by class B dealers. Some members feel that asking for $100 is a little better even. If someone wants the cat for free, or says that they don't have enough money, they are not potentials. No one is first come, first to get a cat.

Use an adoption contract.

Sample Rehoming Agreement - Home to Home Animal Adoption

This is a sample and there are many more out there. They may or may not be enforceable, but it might deter those who are not serious or want the cats for some other use.

Ask about vet's and ask permission to contact the vet to see what they say about the potential adopters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmandon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi catmandon catmandon and welcome to TCS! They are adorable and I'm assuming not feral. What venues have you tried to find them homes? Are you able to take them to live in your new home?
Unfortunately I cannot as I’m not sure where I’m going to live or travel at the moment. So far I’ve used two online platforms but no one has viewed them and I have til October to find a home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmandon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
“kittens To Good Homes” – How To Find A Good Forever Home For Your Kittens – TheCatSite Articles

There are some points in this article that might be helpful. Are there any rescues in your area who might be able to help, especially since they seem friendly? It might help if you could offer a donation to the rescue if they were able to take them. Research the rescues a bit though and see how long they keep their cats who are not adopted.

You could use social media like nextdoor.com, make contacts with responsible family and friends who might offer or know of good homes. Ask to be compensated at least $50 for all the care you have provided. This should insure that they are not adopted to be used as bait animals or by class B dealers. Some members feel that asking for $100 is a little better even. If someone wants the cat for free, or says that they don't have enough money, they are not potentials. No one is first come, first to get a cat.

Use an adoption contract.

Sample Rehoming Agreement - Home to Home Animal Adoption

This is a sample and there are many more out there. They may or may not be enforceable, but it might deter those who are not serious or want the cats for some other use.

Ask about vet's and ask permission to contact the vet to see what they say about the potential adopters.
thank you very much!!!