I need help , idont know what to do

Astrea kitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just an hour or so ago my cat was asleep normally on the side table , and like usual when i go to bed i go to her and pick her up and we go to sleep on my bed , as i picked her up she kind of woke up as usual and looked at me so i scratched her head she went back to semi sleeping and only a minute after that she woke up frantically while holding her and cut me several times on the hand and arm , i was taken by surprise by this but nonetheless i stayed calm and tried to get back to her after i had dropped her and she seemed to be scared and wouldnt let me hold her she would hit anything that is infront of her with aggression ( even though she never does that , we a friends cat over one time and my cat wouldnt even hit the cat back when they first met ) she is 3 months old today and had her vaccines and all and she always lived with me and i have never hit her or anything no matter what , right now i can touch her and pet her but she still flinches if i got close to her or anything moved around ... please if anyone knows what is wrong i need help .

Info about the cat :

she is called Astrea
She is 3 months old always a house cat barley goes outside ( as in the street ) she only goes to the balcony because i dont have a garden

she is a Turkish Angora cat
White color with mismatched eye color
She is deaf

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
She was probably startled awake, that scared her and she scratched you in the process of trying to get away. I would just give her some time and wait for her to approach you rather than trying to pet her or pick her up. I would bet by tomorrow she will be back to herself. I am hoping some members come along who have dealt with deaf cats before. They may have some tips on the best way to approach her, especially when she is sleeping.