I Need Help Identifying The Color And Pattern Of This Kitty

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm guessing Loony Boo has tabby markings and a probably a blue color. I'm not sure though. What do you guys think?
DSC00213.JPG DSC00238.JPG DSC00216.JPG

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I know this isn't what you're asking for, but she clearly has some Persian influence (with her flat face, long fur, and cobby body). Did you purchase her as a doll face Persian or adopt her from a shelter? I'm just curious, we've had several members adopt purebreds from shelters (Did we adopt a Turkish Van?), I just think it's pretty cool when that happens. :)

For the coloring, I'd say blue, with ghost tabby markings.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How heavy and large is loony boo?

Is loony boo friendly? (I dont mean to offend anyone but my friend has had several cats of a particular breed and I found them to be unfriendly, in fact intermittently vicious.....even to him. They had very good lives, the best of everything and great amounts of love).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know this isn't what you're asking for, but she clearly has some Persian influence (with her flat face, long fur, and cobby body). Did you purchase her as a doll face Persian or adopt her from a shelter? I'm just curious, we've had several members adopt purebreds from shelters (Did we adopt a Turkish Van?), I just think it's pretty cool when that happens. :)

For the coloring, I'd say blue, with ghost tabby markings.
Thanks for the reply. She is not mine; I fostered her for a brief period of time. I believe one of her grandparents is half Persian or even a doll face Persian.
What is the difference between the regular tabby markings and the ghost tabby markings? (I have never heard of that pattern before!)

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How heavy and large is loony boo?

Is loony boo friendly? (I dont mean to offend anyone but my friend has had several cats of a particular breed and I found them to be unfriendly, in fact intermittently vicious.....even to him. They had very good lives, the best of everything and great amounts of love).
She is extremely friendly and quiet. She isn't a large cat, and I remember her having short tail and legs compared to other cat breeds... As for her weight, I'm not sure. But I think she was neither too heavy nor too light when I fostered her.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I could see some persian or himilayan in her.......but im not good at identifying cats.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the reply. She is not mine; I fostered her for a brief period of time. I believe one of her grandparents is half Persian or even a doll face Persian.
What is the difference between the regular tabby markings and the ghost tabby markings? (I have never heard of that pattern before!)
Ghost tabby markings are basically tabby markings that are less visible. I think that's more likely than agouti (or ticked) because the markings on her forehead are also less pronounced. There are also no ticked Persians (except for lynx points, where there is ticking on their forehead, but not their body). Granted, she may be mix (though nearly indistinguishable from a true doll-face), but the chances that the agouti gene from a random DSH is less likely.

I'd also like to add that if the Persian was a parent, they wouldn't necessarily have to be a doll-face... a contemporary brachycephalic Persian x DSH could create a cat with a muzzle similar to that of the doll-face.

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ghost tabby markings are basically tabby markings that are less visible. I think that's more likely than agouti (or ticked) because the markings on her forehead are also less pronounced. There are also no ticked Persians (except for lynx points, where there is ticking on their forehead, but not their body). Granted, she may be mix (though nearly indistinguishable from a true doll-face), but the chances that the agouti gene from a random DSH is less likely.

I'd also like to add that if the Persian was a parent, they wouldn't necessarily have to be a doll-face... a contemporary brachycephalic Persian x DSH could create a cat with a muzzle similar to that of the doll-face.
Thank you for diminishing my confusion. :) One more thing though: What is the genetics behind ghost tabby markings?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for diminishing my confusion. :) One more thing though: What is the genetics behind ghost tabby markings?
I'll attach a link. This Exotic breeder has an excellent explanation. Basically, the agouti gene would allow the tabby markings to be visible, and a ghost tabby is the carrier for that certain tabby pattern, without the agouti gene: KaDoKits Exotics Genetics Punnet Square