I need big vibes that BW will find his way hom

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We arrived at our new home in Omaha, and BW was pissed off. I tried to keep him confined and he just kept pissing and spraying everywhere. I let him out thinking he would come home and he never did. He is my outdoor buddy and I just rocked his world by making him move from his favorites spots at our home in gothenburg, to a new city.. I couldn't leave him there because that would have been abandonment... I know if he has the power he will travel home to our home in gothenburg.... I'm sick with worry.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I am so sorry. How far away is your old home. I had a cat travel 13 miles when I was a child back to our old house.

It can be done. I will say some prayers for your guy! And many hugs to you. I am so sorry.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am asking the angels to watch out for BW. I really hope you will him. If he travels back to your old home, is there someone there who will recognize him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he makes it to my old home it will be 250 miles journey. I am crying my eyes out so bad!! OMG I hope he comes back to me..

If he ever made it back to our home in Gothenburg he is a part of the neighborhood thugs. That's a long journey and he had a good home here.

babz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Oh I pray for BW's safe return! Here are some good vibes to bring him back to his new home.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm am balling my eyes out and my husband is just being such a jerk about this whole thing. He used to be so understanding.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no news yet....

Try to hope that he found another grouup of cats close by to hook up with. Since he was a neighborhood cat, maybe he will find the same.

Prayers still for all of you in this sad situation.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We looked up and down the streets for him. He was so upset with us for taking him away from his area. I pray for his safety and that he will come home to us.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

We looked up and down the streets for him. He was so upset with us for taking him away from his area. I pray for his safety and that he will come home to us.
I am praying and sending vibes that BW is just somewhere nearby and changes his mind about trying to go back. And if he is on his own, that he finds the safe haven in the yard of a fellow cat lover that you so desperately want for him
As for your DH, it could be that inside he hates that you are hurting so badly, so he is just getting gruff with you instead
As you said, he's usu. understanding. Maybe he feels guilty, in some odd way, that the move is his fault

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no hun, I really hope he comes back, why not put some notices up, I'm sure someone will notice a new cat in the area

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've walked and drove around the neighborhood and talked to several neighbors. I posted on craigs list and also put his photo and description on another site that sends me photo's of the cats brought into the Nebraska humane society in Omaha. I keep calling for him. If he would have given this place half a chance I think he would have liked his new backyard. I think my husband was so tired and stressed from the move that he was a little short tempered. BW is a very independant cat and he was a stray when we rescued him. I always called him my hobo cat because he didn't want anything to do with socializing or being an indoor cat. We gave him his choice and he only came inside when the weather was really bad. My cats drove him crazy. He refused to use a litterbox and only wanted his freedom. He was about 5 years old and unneutered when he limped his way into our lives. He was a Big 17 lb tom cat that ran the sewers of gothenburg. We neutered him but he never wanted to be domesticated. I do pray that he comes home or comes to no harm and finds another cat haven that will love him like we did. I feel so bad I took him from the neighborhood he loved so much. I am so upset about this because I don't know if he is safe or if he is hungry or hurt. It's the not knowing that is tearing me up so much. I've never had a cat run away like he did.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chances are BW is somewhere close by. I am still believing that he will come home. Hang in there.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blueyedgirl5946

Chances are BW is somewhere close by. I am still believing that he will come home. Hang in there.
I am still hoping he will come home. I call him every morning and in the evening when i get home. I'm on a email that I signed up with petharbor that sends me photo's of cats that have been brought to the shelter. I am so torn up about this. It makes me wonder how many cats that are in the shelter have been lost from a loving home. I just keep thinking he must be so hungry and hoping that he isn't hurt or in pain somewhere. I know he is angry with me for moving here and making him leave his home and yard he loved so much.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would say fully 1/2 the adult cats we get in our shelter have gone missing from a good home. When you get a clean cat that is in good shape, declawed, neutered, etc., you can only conclude that they are missed by someone.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

I've walked and drove around the neighborhood and talked to several neighbors. I posted on craigs list and also put his photo and description on another site that sends me photo's of the cats brought into the Nebraska humane society in Omaha. I keep calling for him. If he would have given this place half a chance I think he would have liked his new backyard. I think my husband was so tired and stressed from the move that he was a little short tempered. BW is a very independant cat and he was a stray when we rescued him. I always called him my hobo cat because he didn't want anything to do with socializing or being an indoor cat. We gave him his choice and he only came inside when the weather was really bad. My cats drove him crazy. He refused to use a litterbox and only wanted his freedom. He was about 5 years old and unneutered when he limped his way into our lives. He was a Big 17 lb tom cat that ran the sewers of gothenburg. We neutered him but he never wanted to be domesticated. I do pray that he comes home or comes to no harm and finds another cat haven that will love him like we did. I feel so bad I took him from the neighborhood he loved so much. I am so upset about this because I don't know if he is safe or if he is hungry or hurt. It's the not knowing that is tearing me up so much. I've never had a cat run away like he did.
I understand those awful feelings that you are experiencing. Please know that many of us out here are praying and sending vibes that BW is doing okay....maybe our dear HopeHacker can pull a few strings Upstairs for us

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

I understand those awful feelings that you are experiencing. Please know that many of us out here are praying and sending vibes that BW is doing okay....maybe our dear HopeHacker can pull a few strings Upstairs for us
We went to the humane society this afternoon to file a lost cat report and look for him. He was not there. I felt so heartbroken by all the elderly cats that were up for adoption that were given up by their owners. It makes me cry. Thank you for your kind words and maybe Hopehacker can send a miracle to us.

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
:vi bes: Mega vibes for you to try and help your kitty. I really hope you find him ;[
Its been a few days, I really hope he didn't go all the way back to your old house!

Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.