I need an answer

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My boss has been feeding a feral cat behind a bowling center for almost 2 years now. I am a newer employee working 2 nights and 12 hours a week.  "Hey You" is her name. She is a very pretty calico female. My question is....She is used to humans enough and rubs against us when not being fed. My boss wants to pick her up and take her home with him as he loves cats. He has 2 cats already. Any advice would be appreciated

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

My boss has been feeding a feral cat behind a bowling center for almost 2 years now. I am a newer employee working 2 nights and 12 hours a week.  "Hey You" is her name. She is a very pretty calico female. My question is....She is used to humans enough and rubs against us when not being fed. My boss wants to pick her up and take her home with him as he loves cats. He has 2 cats already. Any advice would be appreciated

It will surely go well, if he is does it correctly.

What he must think about, is some quarantine.  The quarantine depends in part, whom his residents are - do they go out or are strictly indoors?  Are they healthy and fully vaccinated?

I presume the cat is healthy, as he could observe her during 2 years.   Also, succesful homeless have usually immune systeme above average.  Otherwise they wouldnt survive that long...

So the quarantine should be, till the deworming and defleasing are fully done.

Best is probably, to scoop her in a carrier, and take her to a vet.  Let the vet do a check up, possibly also spaying if necessary.

After it, he takes her home, and releases her in her prepared quarantine room.  Which is also the recovery room after the spaying, if so done.   The recovery after spaying will probably be shorter than for a typical family girl - as said, the succesful homeless have good healing meat.

When the quarantine is done, its time to begin with introductions.   Adopted homeless are often easier with this, than a typical bough cat.  They are usually eager to be accepted...

But, better a slow intro than too quick and sloppy...

While she is in the quarantine room, your boss and his family continue with socializing - visits her often, with food in hand.   Talk friendly, makes a lot of friendly noises, yawn broadely, streches standing on all four,

Make sure she has  a) cat igloo or similiar, to have possibility to go aside and hide a little.  Scratching post, some toys, food, water, litter - in three different corners..

Litter unscented.

That is the most improtant for now...

Tx for caring!

Good luck!

Ps.  Why are YOU asking for the boss, and not him himself asking?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My boss is cheap and does not own a cell phone at all. Thanks so much for your detailed response.... Me and the "feral cat" really appreciate any other feedback here for us