I need advice

ABEER SULIMAN

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had an appointment for my cat to get spayed it's in two days but today she ran out and i thankfully found her but she was mating with another male i made sure to tell my vet this information but he refused to do the surgery he said he wouldn't touch her if he found any futus in her tummy i really don't want her to have the kittens but there's only two vets in my city and the other one agreed to do the surgery but he isn't the best in here also he has a bad reputation,,, any advice on this situation?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
What has the other vet done to deserve a bad reputation?
I agree that it's good to have the surgery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ABEER SULIMAN

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
reviews says that he doesn't wear cloves the clinic isn't clean some also say he was the reason the their pet died i will make sure to go and check everything my self

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If surgery done just two days after mating, there will be no visible foetus. Did the vet heared you properly, and thought the mating was a month ago??

ABEER SULIMAN

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If surgery done just two days after mating, there will be no visible foetus. Did the vet heared you properly, and thought the mating was a month ago??
I made sure to repeat this information, the good thing he told me if i came and do sonars and no fetus is visible he would do the surgery so i still have some hope (sorry if i misspelled anything English isn't my first language)

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
I made sure to repeat this information, the good thing he told me if i came and do sonars and no fetus is visible he would do the surgery so i still have some hope (sorry if i misspelled anything English isn't my first language)
Then go for the ultrasound (sonar) as fast as you can in the hope that nothing will appear yet. In the meantime, make sure the reviews for the other vet are true if there's any way to do that, and check the place out for yourself.

Ellis75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If the spay appointment is in two days, there will definitely not be any fetuses present yet, it takes longer for them to really develop and even longer to be visible on ultrasound. I would bring her in and try to go ahead with the spay if the vet will do it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the eggs are even fertilized yet, they won't have implanted at this point. So the vet won't find anything on ultrasound, unless she also got out a while ago. But definitely go ahead with the surgery, before things get too far along.

ABEER SULIMAN

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't if this is a good news or not but today she woke up in the middle of the night and was in heat still!! Im wondering if this means she didn't get pregnant?? I also made an appointment for the ultrasound today and im hopeful that he will do the surgery,thank you guys for all the helpful responses

ABEER SULIMAN

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If the eggs are even fertilized yet, they won't have implanted at this point. So the vet won't find anything on ultrasound, unless she also got out a while ago. But definitely go ahead with the surgery, before things get too far along.
No im sure it was her first time and i already made two appointment in both vets so i don't wait

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't if this is a good news or not but today she woke up in the middle of the night and was in heat still!! Im wondering if this means she didn't get pregnant?? I also made an appointment for the ultrasound today and im hopeful that he will do the surgery,thank you guys for all the helpful responses
That could be the case. :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:
Please let us know how you go at the vets. I'm hoping they go ahead with the surgery and you will not have this issue any more. :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's unusual for a cat to get pregnant in the first mating. It usually takes the first mating to trigger the eggs to release, so I'm almost certain she won't be pregnant. Not surprising that she is still in heat.

Thank you for taking such good care of her. She's going to be much better off once she has been spayed.

ABEER SULIMAN

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's unusual for a cat to get pregnant in the first mating. It usually takes the first mating to trigger the eggs to release, so I'm almost certain she won't be pregnant. Not surprising that she is still in heat.

Thank you for taking such good care of her. She's going to be much better off once she has been spayed.
I was worried because when i searched everyone said that cat will most likely be pregnant from the first time they mate and calling my vet wasn't that much of help im glad i posted my question here it was so much of help.
Thank you for your nice words I'm doing my best to be a good cat parent

ABEER SULIMAN

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That could be the case. :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:
Please let us know how you go at the vets. I'm hoping they go ahead with the surgery and you will not have this issue any more. :)
I will make sure to let you guys know how it goes hopefully my next update is after being done with the surgery and everything is fine

ABEER SULIMAN

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The vet just texted me and told he would have to push the surgery to next Tuesday which is one week from now to make sure she's not pregnant the other vet told me i can come there tonight i honestly don't know what to do should i wait?? or just do the surgery with the other vet??

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The vet just texted me and told he would have to push the surgery to next Tuesday which is one week from now to make sure she's not pregnant the other vet told me i can come there tonight i honestly don't know what to do should i wait?? or just do the surgery with the other vet??
If the other vet isnt a butcher, you can surely take him anyway, even if his reputation isnt top notch.

After all, a normal spaying is a standard operation, and they learn this out at every vet school.

He perhaps isnt good at complicated cases, but standard spaying even a so so vet is able to handle.

Its of course better if she isnt not in heat, with a so so vet...

ABEER SULIMAN

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If the other vet isnt a butcher, you can surely take him anyway, even if his reputation isnt top notch.

After all, a normal spaying is a standard operation, and they learn this out at every vet school.

He perhaps isnt good at complicated cases, but standard spaying even a so so vet is able to handle.

Its of course better if she isnt not in heat, with a so so vet...
Sadly she's still in heat.... Is it a good idea to wait until Tuesday and if the original vet refused (which I'm hoping he wouldn't the cat might be not pregnant in the end) i will just go to the other vet? Honestly i don't to wait and i think waiting is a bad idea

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Spaying a cat while she is in heat is a little more complicated than spaying one who isn't. There is more bleeding, because the uterus is full of blood.

If she mated only once there is very little chance that she will be pregnant. A heat signifies that the cat is about to ovulate. The first mating stimulates the ovulation. Cats usually mate several times over a couple of days. So, a cat can get pregnant in her first heat cycle, but is unlikely to get pregnant after mating just once.

If it was me I would wait for the appointment with the better vet. If the vet finds that she is pregnant you can either terminate the pregnancy by having her spayed by the second vet, or go ahead with the pregnancy. Spay-abort just a week after mating is no different to a straight forward spay of a cat that isn't in heat, from a surgical point of view.

If she only got out once and mated just that one time chances are she isn't pregnant yet.

ABEER SULIMAN

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Spaying a cat while she is in heat is a little more complicated than spaying one who isn't. There is more bleeding, because the uterus is full of blood.

If she mated only once there is very little chance that she will be pregnant. A heat signifies that the cat is about to ovulate. The first mating stimulates the ovulation. Cats usually mate several times over a couple of days. So, a cat can get pregnant in her first heat cycle, but is unlikely to get pregnant after mating just once.

If it was me I would wait for the appointment with the better vet. If the vet finds that she is pregnant you can either terminate the pregnancy by having her spayed by the second vet, or go ahead with the pregnancy. Spay-abort just a week after mating is no different to a straight forward spay of a cat that isn't in heat, from a surgical point of view.

If she only got out once and mated just that one time chances are she isn't pregnant yet.
That sums everything in my mind THANK YOU yeah i will just wait till Tuesday if she is actually pregnant i will take her to the other vet he has no problem with doing the surgery anyway

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, Norachan Norachan 's plan is great.. glad you're going with that A ABEER SULIMAN .
Do let us know how she is, and whatever you do, don't let her outside!