I need advice .... Please!

lucatgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 3 babies, Lucky who's about 18 y/o, Yanny who's 13 and Minu who's 4. Yanny takes Felimazole  (thyroid meds) twice a day.

I am going away for a day, leaving Friday night returning Sunday morning... I was thinking of leaving them alone with enough food for a day and skip thyroid meds. Of course I'm over thinking this, should I try to find someone to come to my place and give Yanny her meds? I don't have close people who live around my area. Guess I'm feeling guilty, therefore I need your opinion please!!!!!!!!! 

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could look into pet sitting services in your area. Some are vet techs that are experienced in giving meds. A 15 min visit is about $20 in my area. Most will do a free meet and greet before your trip for new customers.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with vball91, a pet sitter is probably your best option if you don't have anyone reliable nearby.  They should be covered for insurance and any security/reliability checks so you have less to worry about and seem to be pretty wide spread now, certainly here in the UK.  Think about how you would feel if anything happened while you were away, or a short time later and how you would feel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucatgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Vball, MServant you are right, i'm going to check that right now! Thank you!!!!