I need a new cell phone!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's time for me to get a new cell phone! (Some of you may remember a few months back when Fosters destroyed my pink razr
) Anyways, i've been using my really old blue nokia for a while now and it is time to replace it and also i'm now eligable to join my husbands cell plan. We're going to do My Favs. from T-mobile- so it needs to be a phone compatiable with that.

Any recommendations???? Only requirements for me is: Camera, My Favs. Capable, and decient amount of talk time also. I'd like a music phone too but it doesn't have to be!!

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You could go blackberry (I'd love one! that is my "wish" phone for the internet usage). I have two phones from two providers, but they are both Samsung flip phones with camera, nothing fancy, but they get the job done

You could also go Apple I-phone? or a new razer phone, I'm just throwing out names... I know little about phones. Usually by the time I learn all the phone's cool features, the two years are up and I get a new phone. But good luck!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the Blackberry Pearl & I love it
It has everything you'd ever need from a phone. It has a great camera, music downloads, internet, it comes pre-loaded with Yahoo Messenger, MSN messenger, Facebook & a lot more!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I have the Blackberry Pearl & I love it
It has everything you'd ever need from a phone. It has a great camera, music downloads, internet, it comes pre-loaded with Yahoo Messenger, MSN messenger, Facebook & a lot more!
That must just be your company because I have a blackberry pearl and it doesn't come pre-loaded with any messengers you have to download them all.

I would not recommend a blackberry pearl. I am on my third one since March. I do love the camera in it, it works really well. I am thinking about getting an LG Rumour.

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would also recommend the Apple I-phone. I have one and I love it. It has a touch screen (which is much more easy to navigate than those tiny buttons).

It has an awesome camera - SUPER clear and easy to use. It also works great as a music phone because its a combined phone/ipod. It comes with headphones and I listen to it everyday on my way to work.

The contact list is really organized. You make a list of favorites (the people you call most) a co-worker list, family, friends, etc.

Its a little expensive but now that the next generation has came out, a lot of people are selling their old ones gently used on ebay. Just a thought, if you're on a budget.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!!!
I'm planning on stopping by the local store tomorrow to check out a few in person and see which ones i like best. We're going to order which ever one i decide on online so we get a better deal though. The iPhone looks neat- but it's more costly than i'm planning on spending right now so i'm looking for something i guess under $100.

I most likely will not get another Razr as i had tons of problems with my old one (before the Aussie ate it even
). I loved the size and thinness of it- but it was overall just crappy. I went through 3 replacements.

I love how reliable my old blue nokia has been- it've had it for YEARS and it has been the most reliable phone ever -so i definitely am a nokia fan- but i'm interested in other brands as well!!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm quite happy w/my Nokia - i bought a different case for it [sorta this color - a real emerald green metallic].

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think i found one i like!!!! It's the Nokia 5310 Xpress Music - does anyone else have this phone? Do you like it???

(i know in the reviews it says the talk time is only 3 hours, but if you don't play music constantly- it should be considerably longer according to some of the good reviews i've seen.
)

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/...Nokia-5310-Red
http://www.mobiledia.com/reviews/nok...sic/page1.html

it has really good ratings too! http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/use...php?phone=1342 http://www.letstalk.com/reviews/revi...Id=1448&rNav=2

I really like that it's affordable with the plan we have, has a similar lay out to my old Nokia that i like a lot, has a camera and speaker phone setting, has a lot of other features too!!
What do you guys think???

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A quick tip, when buying just about anything - go to google and type in the name and model of the product and "problems".

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

That must just be your company because I have a blackberry pearl and it doesn't come pre-loaded with any messengers you have to download them all.

I would not recommend a blackberry pearl. I am on my third one since March. I do love the camera in it, it works really well. I am thinking about getting an LG Rumour.
I just got the LG Rumour and love it, it came preloaded with Messenger too

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, after reading a bunch of reviews and looking in the store- we decided to order this one: Nokia 5310 Xpress Music (the one i was origionally looking at). I really like it! We went back home and ordered online yesterday. It's supposed to get here today.
I liked it a lot because of the features and also the price.