I must be a ding a ling

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went through the entire day yesterday thinking it was Sunday ( it was Saturday). Even put out the trash bins for early pick up on Monday! I didn’t realize the mistake until this morning when I took the dogs outside. I noticed my neighbors hadn’t left for work, so I checked my phone. I guess that is a sign of a true retiree.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went through the entire day yesterday thinking it was Sunday ( it was Saturday). Even put out the trash bins for early pick up on Monday! I didn’t realize the mistake until this morning when I took the dogs outside. I noticed my neighbors hadn’t left for work, so I checked my phone. I guess that is a sign of a true retiree.
:lol:thats not so bad i wake up hours earlier than normal sometimes take my medications and feed graycie then sit there and wonder why she hasnt woken up yet:lol:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Since we retired, we have times when one day seems like another. It messes us up. Yesterday (Saturday) seemed like Sunday all day. Rick has been known to ask me what day it is. It's easier to get discombobulated when you're retired. One day just blends into the next.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For almost 20 years 3a.m. was my normal wakeup time. Six years into retirement, it still is. Also, you're right about one day being just like every other one; in fact, I often have to correct Michele when she gets crossed up on which day it is.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since we retired, we have times when one day seems like another. It messes us up. Yesterday (Saturday) seemed like Sunday all day. Rick has been known to ask me what day it is. It's easier to get discombobulated when you're retired. One day just blends into the next.
I'm not retired, but I was off for 10 days and I couldn't get it through my head that yesterday (Saturday) was NOT Sunday. Then today (Sunday) I spent most of the morning thinking it was Saturday. :doh: