I miss you

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We never get over someone who has touched our hearts so deeply, but somehow we muddle through it. it takes at least two years to process the loss, and though there will always be that ache when you think of him, time has a way of dulling the sharp edges of grief. This in no way indicates a lessening of our love, it indicates that the pain has become a part of our soul and the soul cries out for us to help lessen it by seeking life's happiness. Your Sammy's love will always be a part of you. He freely gave that love for you to use to bring happiness, not pain. The 'essence' that is him will always surround you, always parallel your own life's journey until the end of time. After all, "Death cannot take that which never dies"......
I remember I didn't think I would, should, ever be happy again. I even resented other little ones trying to make me give them a part of my heart too. I hoarded my love and my pain, existing only to feel the hurt and thinking I deserved it. But time has a way of interfering, of forcing us to deal with the pain, accept that it will always be there, and to find ways to deal with it. It takes a long time to fill that huge hole in your life. But one day you will realize that his love can help you overpower the hurt. That you can love again and that it helps to fill what is missing. that his love will always be a part of your soul and nothing, not even death can take that from you. That any new loves will distract you from your pain, and start to let you live again, that they will add on to his love already there and let it bloom and grow into something even more special. Don't ever be afraid to open your heart. The rewards are oh so much more than any future pain. It is a gift he left with you, one you earned and one of this world's treasures. A cat's love........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KK300

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your replies.
I sometimes feel that I am losing the plot in my grief, but I miss him so much, every day. He was an old soul, funny, clever and loving, and I miss him every day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KK300

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so glad he came to us, after being abandoned in a box at the side of the road. He was so intelligent, funny and loving.
I just feel he deserved so much better, he developed a disease that we fought as hard as possible, but still lost him.
He was my soulmate, I miss him every single day. I just want him back.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad he came to us, after being abandoned in a box at the side of the road. He was so intelligent, funny and loving.
I just feel he deserved so much better, he developed a disease that we fought as hard as possible, but still lost him.
He was my soulmate, I miss him every single day. I just want him back.
So sad to hear.you certainly have the right to cry, though that doesn’t always make the pain easier to bear.

I’ve been there and done that, quite a number of times, as I know others here have too.

Maybe share a picture or two, if you can bear it?

HUGGING!