I miss you Runt!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tamalama2000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I guess not enough time has gone by yet…. I got a card from two of the vets she saw in the last month and for one of them all I could think was “how did you miss this?!?!” Then I remind myself that they loved Runt as well and did the best they could with the info that they had…but I still feel angry…

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Feel it all. It’s YOUR runt, after all, and there was only one. ..The truth is though these vets are extremely stressed, esp now. (And I’m often told these cards can be pre printed long ahead of schedule). Remember you are angry only b/c you loved runt so very deeply, and the love will overcome everything in the end.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Just checking in on you…hoping you’re doing better, now that some time has passed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tamalama2000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s a little easier. I bought a stuffed cat that looks just like her-they made it from some photos I had of her. I sleep with her (it) every night. It’s still difficult, of course. My 10 year old as r old is still hurting. I made a memorial stone for her with my son and that seemed to help him.
i still can’t imagine getting another cat right now though, it would feel like betrayal.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please try not to think of it as betrayal. It is a continuation, a passing on of a love that Runt entrusted you to care for. Runt taught you what a cats love can be and would like nothing better than for you to let another little love into your heart to help hers grow even bigger. Since you know now how wonderful a love like that can be, i cant imagine living without another precious little one in your life to help you through this. I know that it sure helped me to deal with my grief. When you take care of another and get into a routine it stops you from dwelling on the negative. You can never replace Runt's love, it is one of a kind. You learn to open your heart, there is never too much love, or not room for another.. ....

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
It’s a little easier. I bought a stuffed cat that looks just like her-they made it from some photos I had of her. I sleep with her (it) every night. It’s still difficult, of course. My 10 year old as r old is still hurting. I made a memorial stone for her with my son and that seemed to help him.
i still can’t imagine getting another cat right now though, it would feel like betrayal.
I’m just glad you checked in w/ us here…we felt Runt’s passing too. Rituals help. :) :heartshape: