I Miss You Pele

Kwood0015

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Pele

i remember the day we met you for the first time at the ACC in San Francisco, you were a year old, black male cat and everyone kept passing you by even after meowing at them - then we came by and sat next to your cage and I remember you practically talking to us with your meows and then when we got introduced you sat in Ross’ lap - we knew right then you were combing home with us that night.

You been such a good boy every single day...for 16years after that day we first met.. always talking to us, greeting and following us, wanting to play, being so nice all the time. You helped us from cross country moves, job changes, coping with sick family members, some occasional hard times at home....always with you sweet demeanor and purrs to remind us that everything will be ok.

Even when you were diagnosed with lymphoma and I was crying you meowed, purred and comforted me, selflessly taking care of me even though you were the one that was sick...you were so good taking your meds for several months, again purring and meowing to say hello despite knowing pills were coming next.

As hard as it was for you I will never forget your last week, I knew things weren’t right when you weren’t eating and even though a three day hospital stay was awful for you you were charming the staff, meowing and purring..we were so happy to see you during visitors hours and were so excited when they told us we could bring you home.

When you didn’t eat and hid after coming home we knew it was time, and knew you were telling us...and when we no longer heard your sweet purrs (even though we could tell you were trying) we knew what you wanted, and wanted you to suffer no longer.

I will always remember our goodbye along with all the great memories with you my angel. May you be happy, healthy and purring and meowing with all the other angels. You were such a good boy, and truly one of a kind

I will always love you Pele, you will be greatly missed and in my heart forever. Rest In Peace my little pumpkin

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh sweetheart baby Pele - what a cat among cats you were. You did your feline job of loving your people to the utmost, and they will never forget you.
RIP darling cat, you were fantastic, loving and loved. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You did well in your life. To know that sweet boy's love is one of life's sweetest treasures. To recognize that he was the one all those years ago, the one to make your life complete was a miracle. To give him what he wanted the most, a family to love and that loves him back is a a blessing for your soul.
Knowing that he was such a sweet, loving boy, you know he would never want you to be so sad because of his leaving. He didn't want to go, he had to answer a call that each and every one of us will in time. But the bond of love you forged over the years will always be a part of you, love is spiritual, not physical, so eternal. "Death cannot take that which never dies"....
Do not dwell on the end, it changes nothing and only brings grief. Celebrate his life, it is so much more precious and important. Keep that love alive by passing it forward, by comforting others because you know what they are going through, give a small donation to your local shelter in Pele's name to help others find each other and love as you did. And above all, give thanks for having Pele in your life, for having him share your life's journey for a little while. It is a treasure beyond compare, to have never met him at all, unthinkable.
I know these first months are full of emptiness and sadness. Time is the only thing that helps to dull the grief of a broken heart. So take one day at a time, learn a new life's order, and know he will always be near, because he is that good boy whom will always love you. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Take care...... RIP sweet Pele. You will be forever missed because you will be forever loved. You will forever have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
What a true companion he was, you were lucky to have had each other in your lives. He looks like our cat "Slim", very much so. He had a GREAT life thanks to you, and THANK YOU for chosing him so many years ago, he is on to the next life and doing just fine, no more issues and you will meet again one day down the line.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for you loss, but he had a great, great life with you, very lucky boy. I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Pele, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I remember you, Sweet Baby Boy, I remember how hard you fought to stay with the people you love so. And I know, to the depths of my being, that you love them still, for love never dies, it changes form, and continues on, still Love. Yes, your pawprints are on the hearts of many here. Dance on starlight, Pele, no longer sick, no longer in pain. Dance, Sweet Love. Dance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kwood0015

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You did well in your life. To know that sweet boy's love is one of life's sweetest treasures. To recognize that he was the one all those years ago, the one to make your life complete was a miracle. To give him what he wanted the most, a family to love and that loves him back is a a blessing for your soul.
Knowing that he was such a sweet, loving boy, you know he would never want you to be so sad because of his leaving. He didn't want to go, he had to answer a call that each and every one of us will in time. But the bond of love you forged over the years will always be a part of you, love is spiritual, not physical, so eternal. "Death cannot take that which never dies"....
Do not dwell on the end, it changes nothing and only brings grief. Celebrate his life, it is so much more precious and important. Keep that love alive by passing it forward, by comforting others because you know what they are going through, give a small donation to your local shelter in Pele's name to help others find each other and love as you did. And above all, give thanks for having Pele in your life, for having him share your life's journey for a little while. It is a treasure beyond compare, to have never met him at all, unthinkable.
I know these first months are full of emptiness and sadness. Time is the only thing that helps to dull the grief of a broken heart. So take one day at a time, learn a new life's order, and know he will always be near, because he is that good boy whom will always love you. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Take care...... RIP sweet Pele. You will be forever missed because you will be forever loved. You will forever have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kwood0015

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for such kind words - and sorry it’s taken me time to respond, been tough without him, lots of tears and miss him so much...your responses have been so comforting - thank you!