I Miss Him Already

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
baby has only been gone for an hour. But I miss him so much. It was time for him to go but I don't think that helps much. He was part of my life for 17 years but... I miss him.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry for the loss of your baby. I know how you feel, I still miss my childhood cat after all these years, it's like a dull ache in the heart that never fully goes away. It's hard because we don't really know for sure if we will ever see our pets again some day. I sure hope we do!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
It's so terribly difficult to lose them, especially when they've been part of your life for so long. I'm very sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought it best not to ask. His whole name was Midnights Baby. He was adopted by a black boy cat that I gave to my Mom. Baby was adopted along with two others. We found new homes for the others. Midnight is still going strong, Mom says he is the smartest cat she has ever met. Thanks for all the thoughts. I miss my boy. He would right now have been sitting on my lap watching tv with me.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks just like our Stanley and also Samantha, exactly the same. Very sorry for you loss, no matter how many years we have them it is devastating when the time comes to say solong, but it is solong rather than goodbye as we WILL be reunited some day!

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright:

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss. I know, it hurts a lot. Grieve how you see fit. Remember your boy is watching you now. He waiting until he sees you again.

Lionheart22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mark,

I can't imagine how hard it would be to lose a cat that you've had for 17 years. He was a cute closet kitty.

Take care.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bond you formed with him is very strong. Use it and the precious memories you have to bring comfort to your grieving heart. Even when we know the time has come, our hearts will not accept that they are gone from our lives. They may be absent from from homes, but never gone from our hearts. Time is the only thing that helps to soften the sharp edge of grief, and to help us adjust to a new life order without them. Thank you for letting us grieve with you for the loss of such a sweet boy, he deserves no less.
Remember, he would never want you to be so sad. He loves you too much to bring you so much pain. Go on to the future secure in his love, live as you would want him to live if you were the first to go. It is as he would want, I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.
Take care of yourself.......RIP dear Baby, you will never be forgotten and will be forever held in a loving heart. Sweet dreams little one, may your spot in the sun be forever warm, and your spot in that heart be forever more!

Last edited:

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I usually woke in the middle of the night and he would be sleeping on his pillow. He would notice me and hop on my lap to sit for 45minutes or so, and he would just purr. God, I miss him. Thanks for letting me talk.

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I woke crying this morn. No kitty jumped on my tummy in the middle of the night. Stewart, my wife's cat(he is quite the mamasboy) , knew I was not doing well and crawled under the blanket for a minute- but it was not the same.

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Stewart noticed I was not myself and jumped up for a couple minutes - he won't stay long unless you are my wife - for her, he will only sit for a couple hours. Such a mommasboy.

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_0009.JPG
Mom sent flowers, Stewart in the background but nobody on the pillow or on my lap.

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you have a picture of him? Your wife's cat sound like he is trying to comfort you in his own way. I am sorry for what you are going through.