I Miss Daisy

stephnstl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On January 8th, 2018, I had to say goodbye to Daisy. Her kidney and liver numbers were extremely high and in the fall she wasn't expected to make it even to the holidays. I nursed her and stayed close to home for 3 months. She was happy and herself overall, but losing weight. Her quality of life is all that mattered to me. I watched her closely. Then, there was a big change all of the sudden on the 6th of January. She no longer wanted to drink water and lost her appetite pretty much altogether. All of the things that were her favorites, all of her normal habits she had for over 10 years...gone. She didn't move from the couch unless it was to go to the litter box. Her kidneys were barely functioning at this point and I knew the suffering that was to come so I had to put a stop to it. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done, but for her sake and mine I had to end her life before the agonizing suffering she was about to endure. In order to keep her comfortable and low-stress, the vet came to my place to put her to sleep and I said goodbye to Daisy here on the couch she and I spent so much time on.

My way of expressing love and grief is to create videos. The images and music create emotion that a photo album just can't. I created a video to keep her memory alive and happy to share it with you all. I loved her SO much!
I also created a website in her memory. The video is there and I'm still working on finishing one page that shares our journey with her kidney disease.

I Miss Her When...

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful and gorgeous tribute you did for you Daisy!
Wow, what a beautiful website, and mainly what a beatiful cat Daisy was.

It seems you had a great and full life together, you had a great time indeed, and she filled your life every minute. You are so lucky to have had her in your life.

I like the photo where she smells the broccoli with a funny face. My Rainbow Bridge cat would have eaten it :)

RIP Daisy, you know you were much loved.
I hope you have a PC up there, so you can show other cats how marvellous your life has been down here.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what a sweetie, what a gorgeous kitty she is; if we had her we would call her "Snowball", we always said if we had a white one we would call it that but I don't think that will happen, but you had a wonderful life with that sweet girl, the pictures are wonderful and your memories will last forever. She is just fine now, no pain or issues, doing very well now but you are understandably hurting but with much time, love and prayer you will slowly recover.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi!

Your website is beautiful. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to see a cat so loved and so well taken care of. I work in property management and so many residents seem to think that their cats are disposable.

I frequently tell the story of a gray tabby who sat outside the door of a particular apartment every day for almost six months waiting for his owner to let him in. Only, his owner moved and left him there, abandoned, scared and hungry. To see Daisy so well loved and cared for truly does fill my heart.

I am terribly sorry you lost her. She was very, very lucky to have you . . . and you her. Your remark that you knew Daisy longer than your mother moved me to tears, as did your description of the "conversations" you had with her at night in bed after she was diagnosed.

I hope that you and Simon open your doors to another cat. No one will ever replace Daisy but you still have a lot of love to give and there are so many deserving cats out there.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful girl with us. I know she will be missed.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful, moving tribute to a sweet little girl. You can feel the love pouring from every description, and see the love returned in her eyes. I cried through the video because it perfectly describes the loving relationship between two souls who completely love each other. Her absence in your home will create a vacuum without her in it, but the love she leaves will be with you forever. The wonderful memories she created will always be there to bring comfort, to remind you of that sweet girl and what she brought into your life. She shared that life for a while, the bond of love you created will never be taken from you. It is spiritual, so eternal. That love was used one last time to end her suffering, when healing was not possible, when she told you she was through, with those beautiful eyes that told you so much. She would be the last one to want you to be so sad, she loves you too much for that. She only wants happiness for you in the coming years.Just as you would want for her if you were the first to go. Don't dwell on the end, there are too many good memories that need to take it's place. You gave her a good life, a happy life, a life that had your love and that is all she ever wanted. She is at peace.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, it is so hard to get through the pain of a broken heart. Time is the only thing that helps, it helps us to arrange a new life's order for ourselves knowing our loved ones are always near, will never be far from our thoughts or our prayers. She follows a new path now, a perfect little angel in white. This new path will always parallel your own until the day it crosses once more. Take care of yourself and thank you for letting us share your memories of your life's journey with Daisy, she will be loved for a lifetime and beyond........rIP precious Daisy. You will never be forgotten and will always hold a place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again. Good night, sleep tight, little Princess!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Daisy, dream you deep. You walk in your mama's heart forever.

What a lovely tribute to such a lovely lady. My heart is with yours.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephnstl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a wonderful and gorgeous tribute you did for you Daisy!
Wow, what a beautiful website, and mainly what a beatiful cat Daisy was.

It seems you had a great and full life together, you had a great time indeed, and she filled your life every minute. You are so lucky to have had her in your life.

I like the photo where she smells the broccoli with a funny face. My Rainbow Bridge cat would have eaten it :)

RIP Daisy, you know you were much loved.
I hope you have a PC up there, so you can show other cats how marvellous your life has been down here.
Thanks for taking a look at my tribute. She was a gift and blessing to my life in every way.

stephnstl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a beautiful, moving tribute to a sweet little girl. You can feel the love pouring from every description, and see the love returned in her eyes. I cried through the video because it perfectly describes the loving relationship between two souls who completely love each other. Her absence in your home will create a vacuum without her in it, but the love she leaves will be with you forever. The wonderful memories she created will always be there to bring comfort, to remind you of that sweet girl and what she brought into your life. She shared that life for a while, the bond of love you created will never be taken from you. It is spiritual, so eternal. That love was used one last time to end her suffering, when healing was not possible, when she told you she was through, with those beautiful eyes that told you so much. She would be the last one to want you to be so sad, she loves you too much for that. She only wants happiness for you in the coming years.Just as you would want for her if you were the first to go. Don't dwell on the end, there are too many good memories that need to take it's place. You gave her a good life, a happy life, a life that had your love and that is all she ever wanted. She is at peace.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, it is so hard to get through the pain of a broken heart. Time is the only thing that helps, it helps us to arrange a new life's order for ourselves knowing our loved ones are always near, will never be far from our thoughts or our prayers. She follows a new path now, a perfect little angel in white. This new path will always parallel your own until the day it crosses once more. Take care of yourself and thank you for letting us share your memories of your life's journey with Daisy, she will be loved for a lifetime and beyond........rIP precious Daisy. You will never be forgotten and will always hold a place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again. Good night, sleep tight, little Princess!
Thank you for taking the time to share in our journey together. Her life was very precious to me and I loved her with my whole heart. Your words are very kind and appreciated.

stephnstl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!

Your website is beautiful. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to see a cat so loved and so well taken care of. I work in property management and so many residents seem to think that their cats are disposable.

I frequently tell the story of a gray tabby who sat outside the door of a particular apartment every day for almost six months waiting for his owner to let him in. Only, his owner moved and left him there, abandoned, scared and hungry. To see Daisy so well loved and cared for truly does fill my heart.

I am terribly sorry you lost her. She was very, very lucky to have you . . . and you her. Your remark that you knew Daisy longer than your mother moved me to tears, as did your description of the "conversations" you had with her at night in bed after she was diagnosed.

I hope that you and Simon open your doors to another cat. No one will ever replace Daisy but you still have a lot of love to give and there are so many deserving cats out there.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful girl with us. I know she will be missed.
I'm glad you enjoyed learning about the life of Daisy. I've always been extremely sensitive to animals and it breaks my heart when I see any rejected and alone. I can't go into a shelter or even walk by the cats at PetSmart or Petco. It hurts too bad. Animals are helpless and it's our job to take the best care of them that we can. I wish everyone saw it that way.

Yes, my mother was killed in a car accident the day after my 10th birthday. It was a devastating loss that changed my whole life. We had 2 cats at the time and I never remember even getting to say goodbye to them. I had to move out of state immediately (it was just me and my mom there) and I guess they were just given to a friend or something. Makes me so sad to think of it even after all these years. Daisy was the first cat I've had up until death so I took it pretty hard.

It's a long story, but a week after Daisy passed I had to take Simon to the emergency clinic and I've been worried sick about him for over a month. I think I've taken years off my life with the stress and worry. Simon is doing better finally so I hope I can have him for awhile longer.

stephnstl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh what a sweetie, what a gorgeous kitty she is; if we had her we would call her "Snowball", we always said if we had a white one we would call it that but I don't think that will happen, but you had a wonderful life with that sweet girl, the pictures are wonderful and your memories will last forever. She is just fine now, no pain or issues, doing very well now but you are understandably hurting but with much time, love and prayer you will slowly recover.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:
She was a bossy little stinker but momma understood and accepted her. She was like Garfield and Simon was her Odie. But boy did she get super sweet in those last few months. It was her most gentle side I had ever seen. I'm glad that she was drawn to me for comfort when she didn't feel good. Thanks for your nice words.

kc1_cat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a very nice tribute. Very nicely done. God bless.