I may finally have caught Covid

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
My boss checked on me and asked how I was and how it looks for going to work tomorrow; I said I'm about 72%, better than I was but aways to go yet, but I'm going to give it a try but go slow and easy. He told me that one of the clients I was supposed to pick up tomorrow cancelled, he is STILL sick and he cancelled out Monday a week ago and also last Friday, so he is really under the weather and I wouldn't doubt that he has this too to be out that long. But what is sad is he is alone, his Mother passed away a few months ago, so he is stressed having to deal with that and other things that go along with it, stressed similar to how I am but in a slightly different way but still both really stressed, but he is almost blind, has very little eyesight left. I at least can go outside or go for a ride but he is stuck at home alone, which is sad. I am going to give him a call and talk to him, we've known each other for over 2 years now, I think that'll help both of us.

And a few hours ago I took some Amino Acids and a half of a Tryptophan pill to help my mood. I have to be patient and wait this out, but it was getting to me so that will help. I also was out and raked a little bit since all of the idiots that have to sail down our street sent some of the leaves flying, but not anywhere near how long I was out yesterday. I realize that this thing means business, and if I push it physically it will just set me back a bit, so I took it easy. And the only reason why I was raking is they HAVE to get done, they have to be raked so the Borough picks them up, if not they sail all over the neighborhood and everyone hates us lol!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I at least can go outside or go for a ride but he is stuck at home alone, which is sad. I am going to give him a call and talk to him, we've known each other for over 2 years now, I think that'll help both of us.
I think that's a wonderful and very thoughtful idea. I'm sure he will appreciate the call especially since you've known one another for more than two years. And I think it will help your mood too. 🤗 Having someone to talk to who understands what you're going through with your parents is beneficial. You need a good support system and the two of you can share your ups and downs.
Please keep us posted on work tomorrow too. Good luck! :goodluck:

Last edited:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that's a wonderful and very thoughtful idea. I'm sure he will appreciate the call especially since you've known one another for more than two years. And I think it will help your mood too. 🤗 Having someone to talk to who understands what you're going through with your parents is beneficial. You need a good support system and the two of you can share your ups and downs.
Please keep us posted on work tomorrow too. Good luck! :goodluck:
I called and we talked for awhile and it DID help us both. But he said he was tested twice for Covid and it was negative, actually was in the ER last week, they did chest x-rays and decided it must be a virus or a bad cold, but he sounds similar to me with symptoms.

Well, I'm up and going to work, sweating as usual lol! I am sweating just getting ready yet my temperature is 97.8 so I guess it's just part of this virus, and this has happened to me before with sicknesses over the years. But my mucus ouptut is way down, not coughing my head off like before, not right now anyaway, but I'll just pace myself and wear my mask and take it one day at a time, just get through today and come home and recharge the battery. I watched several videos about Covid fatigue and the one did say that "your battery is on low and will be for awhile, use the energy wisely" and to give it time and you should be okay. But it is so strange, so weird, we didn't expect it to hit us NOW out of the blue like this but that's how life goes...

THANK YOU ALL!!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just coming to a stop NOW, been going for almost the whole day and did pretty darn good, but I'll see how I feel tomorrow lol! I was sweating this afternoon yet no fever, talked to MANY people today that already had it and many said they had that part too, they were all glad to see me back at work, and I did pretty good. I'm starting to feel it now but that's no surprise, but I made it and tomorrow is another busy day, but I'll pace myself best that I can, still know that I am getting over this thing and it will take time but I did pretty darn good!! :) :clapcat: 🤪

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I made it and tomorrow is another busy day, but I'll pace myself best that I can, still know that I am getting over this thing and it will take time but I did pretty darn good!! :)
You're wise to recognize your body signals and pace yourself. And, yes, you did pretty darn good. :thumbsup: How is Deb feeling, any update?

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
You're wise to recognize your body signals and pace yourself. And, yes, you did pretty darn good. :thumbsup: How is Deb feeling, any update?
She's feeling somewhat better, thanks for asking! She said she has like a heartburn kind of feeling up in her throat but thinks it just might be from coughing so much, but she said she doesn't feel bad like before.

And I stopped at the grocery store tonight and ran into the landlord who owns the house next door to ours, he used to live in it before renting it out years ago. He asked how I was doing, I told him why I had the mask on and he said it went through his whole contstruction crew recently, so this thing IS really hitting newbies like us!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update and a question....

I have been back to work and also had to really push it over the weekend trying to get caught up and get things done like cleaning the woodstove chimney and yardwork and getting rid of more leaves and cleaning out the gutters etc., not the pace that I wanted to be on but I had to do it. Took a warm Epsom salt bath last night and went to bed EARLY, slept good and feel okay this morning, but still can feel that "fatigue" from the Covid and the sinuses but I am taking Amino acids to help recover and I think I'll be okay, just very sore too lol! I still at times get the sweats but have no fever, but others that had it told me they did too.

But Deb has developed pain on her left side, we assume it is her colon. She gets pain and had to really run to the bathroom a few times and she said it was black and really poured out of her. Then the pain subsided, only to return again. Other than that she feels better and is going to return to work today. I asked if she felt that she strained something when she was helping me with the woodstove pipe and she said no, it feels like the colon area, has anyone heard of this as a symptom? I looked it up and it seems like it can be related, but who knows with this crazy virus??

I also had to visit my parents for a bit yesterday, first time in about 10 days, I wore 2 masks and 2 pairs of gloves, didn't stay long but I had to get some money to my mom as she is getting a ride to a doctor's office today, plus she screwed up the sound on their tv, I had to look at it and fix it, she had it on mute on one of the controls so I fixed that. I mentioned it to their maintanence guy but apparently he's "really busy" so I took matters into my own hands. I doubt I took anything in to them virus-wise, I have been at work around clients since Thursday and double masked plus they both had their booster shots last week but I worry of course.

But I seem to be getting there, pushing it a bit but that will slow down now that I did what I had to do over the weekend. But if anyone knows of Deb's side pain please let me know, thanks.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
But if anyone knows of Deb's side pain please let me know, thanks.
I'm not in the medical profession but honestly I think so many people who had Covid experienced varying symptoms. My best guess as a lay person is that possibly the virus exacerbated something in Deb's large intestine. Has she called the doctor yet to let them know what happened?

Glad you were able to visit your mom and fix her tv. As far as worrying about spreading anything, it's been well over a week that you had Covid and are double masked so I'm sure you're safe. But it's very conscientious of you and always wise to mask up when you're with your elderly parents. 👍

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually called for her yesterday but no one from the doctor called back, poor service.....but she is feeling better, and yesterday I also had a few weird sensations and sharp pains but more in the intestines and had to go to the toilet so who knows what it is, Covid, stomach virus, really strange stuff! But I told her I was very concerned and she said she felt okay and if she starts to feel worse we will get her checked, but she feels better all the time.

Just more stress and bad things happening, like we need more of that in our lives right now....😞

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Still have the annoying sinus/throat cough/congestion, Deb has the chest congestion but we as a whole feel better. The fatigue didn't last too long thankfully, but this tickle cough thing is annoying. I bought an amino acid called NAC which I had taken years past for congestion and mucus, maybe that will help. But this could take awhile yet and morph into other things I am told, plus it doesn't help when it was just in the 70's now in the 30's and 40's, a LOT of people not feeling well thanks to that!!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Not feeling good today, sinuses hurt, just don't feel well. Can't tell if I have something else going on, I do have some weird sensations in the intestines and Deb had been kind of sick like that earlier in the week. I have no fever but at times feel cool and then warm, and it's very cold out today. I had been feeling better mid week, I know I did a lot of things last weekend to catch up and I thought I might pay the price for that but I would think that would've been earlier in the week? Actually was feeling kind of good a few days ago, not so much now. I called the doctor's office that I was at 2 weeks ago and talked to her about it, she said people usually are over the Covid feeling bad part within 2 weeks (which I was) but did say there is a stomach bug going around and RSV and this weather is wacky. She said I could always come in and she could "poke around" to see what is going on, but I don't feel like doing that unless I feel Covid sick again, heck I could pick something else up in there so no thanks!

I know people told me it takes weeks and even months to feel like yourself again, but this is strange, feeling better and then not good again. I hope it goes away soon....

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I know people told me it takes weeks and even months to feel like yourself again, but this is strange, feeling better and then not good again. I hope it goes away soon....
I hope it goes away soon too. :vibes::vibes: If you don't have to work over the Thanksgiving holiday and have a 4-day weekend then take it easy and relax. Sleep in or take an afternoon nap, forget the household chores, watch a movie or read a book, eat nourishing food and keep drinking liquids. It may take a bit to knock this bug out of your system but listen to your body if it's telling you to rest.🤗

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope it goes away soon too. :vibes::vibes: If you don't have to work over the Thanksgiving holiday and have a 4-day weekend then take it easy and relax. Sleep in or take an afternoon nap, forget the household chores, watch a movie or read a book, eat nourishing food and keep drinking liquids. It may take a bit to knock this bug out of your system but listen to your body if it's telling you to rest.🤗
Thank you. I feel somewhat better today. I also realized that some of the vitamins and supplements I was taking in hopes of helping me could also be detoxing me which would make me feel worse actually, so I cut them out today and will see what happens. But this weather is awful here today, windy and cold with wind chills in the teens, more like January for us in PA. but not much I can do about that!

Thank you!!