I Made A Monster

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Catnip is safe. Feathers they can eat and get a blockage do only let her play with those toys when you're there and supervising her closely.

She should have kitten food, even if it's meow mix or cat Chow for the first year because it has extra nutrients kittens need to grow properly. O just took in a nine month old kitten and part of why I'm keeping him in the bathroom all the time is so he can eat his kitten food. He gets a can a day plus a cup of dry food but he doesn't eat all the dry food every day.

Kitten food is fattening for adult cats but won't hurt them if they don't have any health problems or food allergies. If you can only afford one type of food and your other cat is healthy, then get kitten food and feed it to both of them. Even low cost stores like Target and low cost grocery stores usually have some type of kitten food.

I'm keeping my kitten separated because my adult cat is allergic to a lot of different things including many different foods and it took me a long time to find the food he eats. If he eats kitten food his allergies will get worse and then he scrstscra himself until he gets big bloody raw spots all over his body. Plus he needs to lose a pound or two not eat fattening food and gain anymore weight.

There's no such thing as calming cat nip. It makes some cats go crazy and hyper but it usually only lasts a few minutes then they get tired from all the exercise and usually fall asleep. Some cats don't feel any different from it. She may be young to feel any effects from it.
At six months she should be getting spayed before she goes into heat. That will calm her down better than any calming suppliments will.
Once she goes into heat she will be loud and difficult to deal with. Plus it increases her chances for painful uterus infections, peeing outside the litter box, and cancer.

My kitten only has four or five boring toys, old tots from past cats. He plays with them fine, he plays with me and I'm hoping he'll start playing with my other cat soon. Your kitten doesn't need lots of toys. Please find a low cost place to get her vaccines and spayed. You can do a search online.
A lot of calming suppliments arent proven to work and no one knows if they're safe for kittens. Spaying is proven to work and it's healthiest for her. It's the best use of your money, so is buying her kitten food until she's a year old and not adult cat food.

Her health in terms of vaccines, eating kitten food and bring spayed is much more important than calming suppliments and more toys. And to answer your question don't let her chew on the feathers if she's swallowing them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok im working on it and i cut the feathers off the toy she licks them for some reason