I Made A Monster

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Spooky is a brat and i swear shes turning into a wild cat that does what she wants im googling and idk what to do she doesnt wanna be loved on unless shes in the mood shes trying to get into everything im at my wits end with her please help
I dont wanna re home her

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most cats won’t allow to be pet unless they want to (As humans :) would you like to be touched when you’re not in the mood?). And they are really curious and will get whenever they want so it’s inportant to secure the house. Do you have any more precise examples of what you don’t want her to do and why? How old is she?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Graceful Lily, how old is she & is she fixed? Teenage cats often get aloof and a unfixed cat can be a nightmare!

Also I would like to point out that my kitten is well a pain at 7 months. He gets into _everything_, his teething phase was bad, he lives alone with me so he gets bored. I have found that when he is troublesome it can be solved with wet food (he only eats dry food begrudgingly) or play. His daily 1-2 hours of outside harness time hunting bugs/birds and just exploring in his ‘yard’ allows him to tire himself out mentally. (My punk Dante R.I.P. taught me that you have to wear them out mentally and physically. That and outside time can really help calm a hyper punk down.) Playing fetch with his favorite rabbit fur critters while I watch tv is always a good way to tire hyper cats out to.

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I get my kitten totally wiped out by running her up and down the stairs or up and down off the bed - that vertical component to play wears her out. For the stairs, I either play fetch from the bottom of the stairs or run the wand toy up and down the stairs within reach from the bottom. I had never seen a cat pant like a dog until I used the stairs in play.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you have any toys for her? A wand toy will build a bond and wear off too much energy.

Shes not that old um i think i got her jan or feb she has toys shes gotta be around 3 months i will post a pic of her

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Shes the black one and she loves to play i make their toys i really dont know what to do shes like my child

Attachments

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
How old is she and is she fixed? Felix wasn't very affectionate as a kitten but as he got older, he started to be more respectful and seek out hugs and pats more.
Shes not fixed yet i cant afford it right now im working on getting a job and she hasnt gotten any shots shes a indoor cat does that make me a bad cat parent

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Shes not fixed yet i cant afford it right now im working on getting a job and she hasnt gotten any shots shes a indoor cat does that make me a bad cat parent
Personally, I don't think so at all. One thing I noticed in the general pet community is that people love to judge and point fingers at others instead of support and uplift them. I'd say, just be reasonsible with her. Keep her away from intact males and make sure she can't get out of the house where she could end up pregnant.

She is still quite young as far as I can see so that does explain her behaviour to some degree. She is a young kitten developing and growing. She will need your guidance of course. I've had kittens at that age and they are very mischevious - always testing your boundaries and pushing buttons.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She hates being touched unless she wants to be shes like a wild child i got to pet her she doesnt like it i never abuse her or anything i just dont know what to do with her and how old do you think she is

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My punk hated to be pet at 3 months, he just wanted to play. He turned into a total lap cat! My suggestion? Lure her onto your lap with a wand toy or ribbon toy, play with her on your lap, pet her on her ears chin for a minute, then play with her some more and lead her off her lap for vigorous play. Then if/when she gets on your lap, try to give her 30 minutes, 15 minutes at least. Do not pet her unless she wants it, just be cat furniture. Also it is ok to cheat a little and turn the AC on high so it is chilly and she wants to get warm ;) I have raised 5 lap cats with different temperaments using that method, it works I swear!

About getting her fixed and vaccinated. I do not know where you are but if you google low cost spay/neuter clinics and your area, hopefully you will find one in your area. They do spay/neuter for 40$ in my area. Kittens can go into heat at 5 months of age. If she does go into heat, just be sure to keep two doors between her and the outside so she won’t escape.

I hope you find a new job soon! :goodluck:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She hates being touched unless she wants to be shes like a wild child i got to pet her she doesnt like it i never abuse her or anything i just dont know what to do with her and how old do you think she is
If she's really still a baby kitten, it's like having a toddler and wondering why this kid won't go to sleep/stop talking/stop getting into everything ;) Cats mature fast, and most of the time they mellow out a lot as they get older.
On that rare occasion she actually gets sleepy, use that time to just sit with her, talk to her in a soothing voice. When you pet her, just let her be where she's at, but just a few strokes then leave her be.
Toys needn't be expensive. Balled up paper, the little plastic ring from the milk jug work. Most kittens will exhaust themselves playing with these things.
Check around, most places have a low cost spay and neuter clinic that could get her spayed and shots done for an extremely cheap price. I think here girls are 35 and boys are 25 or 30, and shots are about 10 bucks or so.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I did break down and yelled at her for touching the fish she almost killed im getting dirty looks like shes ready to kill me in my sleep she knows shes in trouble when i say get in that room i cant leave her out in the living room in fear of the fish being eaten i even use a spray bottle but idk

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Shes also very destructive too she gets mad and starts to take it out on stuff

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you know of a good no-kill shelter or a no-kill rescue that is reputable in your area, you might talk with them. It's not good for you to not like this cat, and it's not good for her, either. Unless you change how you manage her, things will only get worse I'm afraid.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I love this cat im playing with her more to tire her out and i woukd never give her up i just have to learn how to be patient with her shes playing rn with me

I could use some suggestions on play toys for her

Last edited by a moderator:

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's completely fine to verbally reprimand her and put her in a room for a timeout to keep her from killing another pet. That's how they learn acceptable boundaries and you have to manage the situation to keep all your pets alive and safe.
Some people say give up your pets and think they know everything . Some people think everything is abuse and overreact to everything. I've had many cats and dogs and horses and never abused any of them. I've had very deep bonds with all of my animals.
My little Ruby cat was a monster when he was a kitten like yours. I had to yell no and give him timeouts in the bathroom constantly because he constantly attacked and Drew blood from me, my bf who lived with me at the time and my old large dog. He also tortured my other cats. I was really petrified that the dog would get mad a d fight back and accidentally kill him. He kept following the dog into his room and attacking him in his crate and bloodying his nose.
So I gave him a lot of nos, and locked him in the bathroom. I even gave him a light tap on the butt to make him indignant, never to hurt him.
It worked he eventually bonded with the dog and stopped attacking him and me. To people who claim any kind of negative reinforcement or punishment will ruin your bond or create a fearful timid animal, that's BS spewed by people who don't understand behavior theory. Ruby follows me everywhere, has true separation anxiety and is one of the clingiest most dependent cats I've ever seen. So were most of my cats, especially my beautiful Lovey who recently died. Vets told me he was fighting death to stay with me. Yes I reprimanded him in his life too over fourteen years, usually for biting me or the dog, or bullying other cats. Those cats were literally always on me, on my neck and face while I slept. No one else can touch or handle Ruby, he hides. He follows me into the shower literally.

Mother animals of all species cuff and bite their young to reprimand then and teach them appropriate social behaviors and limits. So do bonded siblings and family members. No one calls that abuse or suggests that mothers and their young aren't bonded.

I dogsit and sometimes care for other people's cats and the owners say their animals bond with me and are better behaved, don't want to leave and the cats let me pet them when no one else can.

I've tamed adult feral cats and kittens. So I'm pretty sure I'm not abusive and I've never given up any animal to a shelter or anyone else but cared for then all until they died and was with every single one until their very last moment.

You have a normal crazy kitten, think of a toddler in it's terrible twos. They're active and hyper. Having another cat for it to play with should help. People have already told you about wand toys. Anything like a crumpled ball of paper can be fun for a kitten.
Kittens bite, pounce, destroy, chew up and torture everything. It's normal. They can be cuddly and affectionate when they're sleeping but it doesn't last long . They get loving when they get older.
Everything your kitten is doing is completely normal, they're all adorable little monsters.

My Ruby and Lovey and every cat I had did that as kittens and all grew up to be sweet loving clingy cats. I used to leave Ruby in the bathroom when I wasn't home so he couldn't get into anything, he'd chew cords that we're plugged in and so he could eat his kitten food. Every day I'd come home and he'd destroy a whole roll of toilet paper and leave millions of little pieces all over the room! No matter how many toys he had, he got the toilet paper every time. He got yelled at a lot lol.

I don't like to spay cats before they're six months old. Make sure she can't get outside at all. Look on Google for low cost vet clinics, many won't charge you for an exam and will do vaccines for ten or twenty dollars. She should have the initial vaccines. Any low cost places will do low cost spays/neuters as well.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Someone has told me shes feral can a indoor cat become feral like i use a spray bottle i just wanna make sure you all know im not abusing her shes a spoiled cat she gets treats when i can i give her cooked green beans as a treat and cat food if she comes in the room at night with me. But what gets me shes very very affectionate at night when shes in the room idk if shes trying to get me to open the door um any ideas on cat toys i was going to get her a laser pointer to wear. Her out

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
An indoor cat can be feral it depends where she was born and spent her first two months and where her mother lived. Where did you get her from? Was her mom a street cat who lived outside or was her mom a tame housecat who had kittens who were raised by the mom and the moms owner?

If the kitten is cuddly at night when she's sleepy that doesn't sound truly feral. I've had feral kittens who were born outside to stray mom's who were abandoned or always strays and we had to catch them by trapping them. We couldn't touch them at all until we had them inside for a while. So no you can't make a cat feral, they are born that way and their earliest experiences after birth with humans and learning from their mothers of learning to trust or fear humans makes the biggest impact.

Several people have given you suggestions about toys but you keep asking for more? Kittens will play with anything. You have to hide the toys for a few days and bring them out again to keep them new and interesting. Kittens will play with toilet paper, wand toys they can chase on a string (that's only to play with you NEVER unsupervised or she could die from eating the string), crumpling paper into a ball, toy furry mice, anything. It doesn't matter.
Since you said you don't have a job and not a lit of money, it's honestly much more important to save what you do have on getting her vaccinations and spayed at a low cost place.
My mom's cat died a horrible death of mammary cancer because my mom didn't have her spayed until she was older. If cats have three or more heat cycles they are much more likely to get this awful completely preventable cancer. By the time you can feel even a small lump there's no treatment.
Cats start going into heat at five to six months of age and suffer terribly crying and sometimes spraying. It will keep you up nonstop and shorten her life. They go into heat every two to four weeks and sometimes stay in heat constantly and once they're in heat vets won't spay them until they're out of heat because there's too much inflammation and surgery is too risky.

So that and vaccines should be the priority over toys.
As far as laser pointers, some cats chase them and some don't. They can drive cats literally crazy and make them obsessive though. What's not good is they never get the satisfaction of actually catching any prey so they're always frustrated. This could make them more aggressive and redirect the aggression onto you or another cat.
I won't use them. I've seen too many dogs at the dog park go crazy with them and not in a good way. Different people may have different experiences though. My friend uses one with her cats and she says she makes sure to give them toy mice or the wand toy at the end of the laser sessions so they have "prey" they caught.