I love you, Bella.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I'm on the late train for writing this post (it's been over a year since she passed) but as I'm still grieving her, I figured it might do me some good to vent.
1594914770428.png

Bella was initially found living underneath our apartment complex about 10 years ago. We rescued her and her litter of kittens. She was a stray- She wasn't too fond of us at first, but grew to love us possibly as much as we did her. Our neighbor took her in to the vet, got her shots done, spayed her, and was the initial caretaker for her. We found homes for the kittens, but our neighbor kept her, much to our joy. However, Bella seemed to enjoy our company just as much (if not more) than she did our neighbor who fed her.
A few years later, when that neighbor moved, Bella stayed with us.
As much as we tried, she would not stay indoors no matter what. If we let her in, she would cry to be let out at the door within 15 minutes.
About 6 years after we met her, we moved, and naturally, Bella moved with us.
Although it took her a while to get used to her new home, she adapted, and would never stray far, occasionally going to our neighbors' yard, but rarely leaving our home. Meanwhile, we loved her endlessly. She used to lay on the table outside and sleep in the morning sun, moving to a new napping spot every few hours and rotating to the same 4 or 5 spots every day.
1594914830377.png

In 2018 we noticed her slow decline. Although as spirited and frisky and independent es ever, she didn't enjoy playing as much and grew lazier. That being said, she was still a fairly active cat; She would follow us on walks often when we left the yard and managed to lose her collar several times. She would often leave gifts of mice or birds on our porch.
In January 2019, we got our puppy, Fisher. We weren't sure how they would react to each other, and kept them distant from each other at first. She usually eyed him from afar, and if he strayed too close to him, she'd swipe at him, so Fisher soon learned to leave her alone.
Another thing we noticed was her teeth. She, unfortunately, had some dental problems, and in 2018 we switched her to a diet of pretty much entirely wet food to make it easier on her teeth.
In late May of 2019, we noticed that she was growing more affectionate and loving towards us. On June 1st, 2019, we saw her for the last time.
Although it's been over a year and we now have Pants and Mona, I still miss her so much.
1594914876701.png

I love you, Bella

MikyPiky

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww that story is so heartwarming. I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye, but she's in a better place now. Bella looked like a wonderful, sweet, caring, cat. I'm so happy she found you. Thank you very much for sharing. :redheartpump:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You gave her the best life imaginable and someone to love, all she ever wanted. The tie you have with that little girl's soul will always be with you, she will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. She came into your life for a reason, and that reason was love. she lives on through you now, so give her happiness and joy in life, not sadness and tears. To come here and immortalize her story in print is a great honor. To be remembered and loved after we are gone is a testament to her love.
My heart goes out to you, I know how much this hurts. Time is the only thing that dulls the sharp edges of grief, and I pray that one day your pain will turn into smiles when you think of her, your memories will eventually turn into comfort.....RIP beautiful Bella. you will be dearly missed, you will have a secure place in loving hearts for eternity. may the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Bella, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Thank you for giving this girl a home and a life worth living. Now she lives in That Place Where All Things Are Known, and sends her blessings back to you daily. Her love for you, translated and purified into Love, remains with you, because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Bella, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Thank you for giving this girl a home and a life worth living. Now she lives in That Place Where All Things Are Known, and sends her blessings back to you daily. Her love for you, translated and purified into Love, remains with you, because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.
"Love never fails." (:
And thank you :hearthrob: