I love my vet!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both kitties went in for their checkups on Friday. Wickett now weighs 16.5 lbs and the doc has suggested giving them both a diabetic diet to help keep their weight in check. What I love is how he set my hubby straight on a few misconceptions. First, DH said that we only gave them a small amount of wet food (as if feeding them wet is bad or a treat) and doc told "us" that more wet and less dry is actually a good way of cutting calories because of the moisture content in the wet. Then DH asked about trimming/capping Wickett's nails because of the baby. (He actually suggested declawing to me but that lasted about half a second) The Doc said that because Wickett is such a scardey cat it shouldn't be a problem and even the aggressive cats, in his experience, rarely go after kids.

So, all in all it was a good visit. They both have to go back next month to have their teeth cleaned and while Frankie is under they will draw blood for a senior panel. I hate sending them in for cleanings because of the sedation but Frankie has to have a tooth pulled and hopefully, after Wickett gets a cleaning I can get into a brushing schedule with him to avoid it in the future.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Sounds like you have a very smart vet!!
Which is exactly why I drive 30 minutes to get to him. My parents have used the same vet for years and I continued seeing him out of habit but turns out he's quite qualified too!