I love my husband!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I was on the phone with my husband and it hit me (like it does occasionally) exactly how much I really love him. I've always said that the two most important men in my life are my father and my husband. It'll be 3 soon, once our son is born but for now, they are 1 and 2.

So, DH has his own IT business with a friend of his whom lately he's been arguing/fighting with a lot about work. This 'friend' consistently refers to the company as his and is basically a spoiled whiny brat. Well, DH does a lot of work for my dad and he was there yesterday. He called me on his way home to say that he just had a very nice heart to heart with my dad about everything that's going on. It just made my heart melt that he trusts my dad enough to open up to him. He seemed surprised that my dad cared enough to actually listen... but that's why my dad is so awesome. When I was a little girl I wanted to marry a man just like my dad and I think I got as close as I could. Thye are both amazing men and I feel so lucky to have them in my life!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a little girl I wanted to marry a man just like my dad and I think I got as close as I could. Thye are both amazing men and I feel so lucky to have them in my life!
Wow, did I write that?

I understand how you feel. There are days I could kick my DH's butt, but I love him to pieces. Some days it hits me like a ton of bricks just how lucky I am to have him. And yes, he is a whole lot like my Dad.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a nice story...it's nice to read about the "good ones"

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh how wonderful! Loved hearing this.

I love mine too!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That has to be the sweetest thing I've read or heard in a long time!
It seems like so many of us (me included!) love to complain about people, but not many take the time to express how much they love someone. Sometimes I think people in general take others for granted and to see this is just so refreshing.

And, it's wonderful you DH and father have such a great relationship! Not many have that good of a relationship. I KNOW DH and my dad would have gotten along because they became actual friends after the first time DH and I broke up and I moved away. They would run into each other a lot during their jobs and had many bull sessions, talking about what ever men talk about. But, my father passed away before DH and I actually got back together and got married. But, I just know if he was still here, he would just have to supervise EVERY home improvement DH makes! LOL....yes, DH reminds me a lot of my dad! You know a good thing when you know what it is.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

You should show that to both your husband and your father!
Great idea! When Rush and I were a couple (twenty years ago), he and my father got on like a house afire, and they always stayed in touch by phone. Rush even drove up and spoke at Papa's wake, which meant the world to us all. It's wonderful when someone you love really appreciates someone else you love!

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my.. such a beautifully put, simple appreciation.
That was so sweet it gave me a tooth ache!
I also really love the idea of you giving them each a copy. You're not just lucky to have them though.. they are lucky to have you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, I;d like to toast anyone who has an amazing man in their life be it a friend, father, husband/SO, brother... what have you! I do take him for granted occasionally as hard as I try not to and it's very nice to have that moment of clarity once in awhile.

Linda, I've told my dad more than once that one of the reasons I love my husband so dearly is becasue if their similarities and because he (my father) taught me what a good man is. I also told my husband when he got home that night how much I love him and the fact that he respects my father enough to open up to him.

Hope, I'm so sorry your dad isn't here to see you but I'm sure he's very proud of you both!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I wuv my FH too
It's crazy to actually KNOW that he is the one. Strange and different elated feeling.
And it only gets better!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittybernard

Oh my.. such a beautifully put, simple appreciation.
That was so sweet it gave me a tooth ache!
I also really love the idea of you giving them each a copy. You're not just lucky to have them though.. they are lucky to have you!
Meaghan, that is so sweet.
Thank you for sharing - that's worth a lot of big smiles!

I got it right on my second try, but you know how I feel about Gary.

Laurie

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I do that, too. Just random things make me realize how much I love him...although, as many of you know from reading some of my posts, I could cheerfully strangle him sometimes!!!
(Seriously, we get the problems worked out in the end, usually after much grousing on my part!)

All in all, DH is wonderful, and romantic--far more romantic than me--I'm very much not so. He just needs to remember that he;s married now--not living with Mom & Dad--and be more attuned to what most married people do; in other words, the little things that don't occur to you when single.