I love Autum!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a nasty looking day out today, drizzly and quite windy. Cold, well more chilly and damp really. Grey, except for the few colors starting to appear on the trees. The lakes take on the color of steel this time of year. The Sun is peeking through at times which makes the grey part of the sky look just awsome and the starting to color parts of the trees literaly shine. I love it!
I feel alive in the fall, the smell of the air, crunching leaves underfoot. A time for nature to begin to hibernate, I feel that last blast to prepare for the season ahead.
I could not live anywhere without seasons, no matter how much I may B about the cold, the heat, rain and snow, I would not have it any other way.
(of course, in a few months I may have a completly different opinion burried in snow with below zero wind chills whipping me around
)

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

It's a nasty looking day out today, drizzly and quite windy. Cold, well more chilly and damp really. Grey, except for the few colors starting to appear on the trees. The lakes take on the color of steel this time of year. The Sun is peeking through at times which makes the grey part of the sky look just awsome and the starting to color parts of the trees literaly shine. I love it!
I feel alive in the fall, the smell of the air, crunching leaves underfoot. A time for nature to begin to hibernate, I feel that last blast to prepare for the season ahead.
I could not live anywhere without seasons, no matter how much I may B about the cold, the heat, rain and snow, I would not have it any other way.
(of course, in a few months I may have a completly different opinion burried in snow with below zero wind chills whipping me around
)
I agree! Well, except for the part about below zero winds. I didn't even mind all of our unusual cold weather and snow, even when I had to crawl on the ground twice a day to install or uninstall chains.
Today was beautiful here. It was cool and clear. beautiful blue skies. I love the rain too. My customers ask me if I mind the rain when I'm out in it, honestly, I love it. They think I'm weird.
If I wanted hot weather (and I most surely don't), I would move to Arizona. It's not going to happen!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spring here, beautiful spring, everything is so pretty, was grey most of the day and very chilly but its beautiful sunset right now!

jupeycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love autumn!! We are having a lovely one so far, today it's sunny but not hot, the different colour leaves are showing up really well. Yesterday we had some rain which I also like apart from when I'm out in it! I love getting cosy with the furries, my other half and a bar of chocolate!! I'm looking forward to Halloween and stayind safe on Bonfire Night although they also make me stressed because of the fireworks.

Then of course it's Christmas!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Autumn is my favourite time of year
It's gorgeous and sunny here, but theres a chill in the air and it's perfect!!.

Time to get ones wool wraps and leather gloves out

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in western New York State. Between two of the great lakes, Erie and Ontario. There is a wind advisory up and there are tons of people down at Lake Erie watching all the waves. 14.5 feet waves!
There are small car warnings out today! One boat is sinking the news says.
I love fall. The steel gray skies with red and orange maples against the sky and the sun! Oh man, I get such a good feeling on those days.
We work hard outside all spring and summer, so I look forward to winter to just relax and tend to the inside of the house. Of course, winter gets pretty old around February. Then I start to perk up and watch for little signs of spring. I've had my fill by then!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Autumn is my favorite season also. I love the brisk weather which I can breathe better in. The summer is way too hot and sometimes makes me physically ill. I love winter too except for the snow and ice but Autumn is just a wonderful, beautiful time of year.

jupeycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

Autumn is my favorite season also. I love the brisk weather which I can breathe better in. The summer is way too hot and sometimes makes me physically ill. I love winter too except for the snow and ice but Autumn is just a wonderful, beautiful time of year.
And you have a beautiful kitty called Autumn!

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like someone else said, I get a burst of energy in autumn and spring. Its the changing of the seasons.

And BOO on all you winter lovers. You must never of had to get up at 5 AM to shovel 12" of wet heavy snow off your car.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

I
)
I am totally the same way!! I love summer but I love my winter wardrobe more then my summer one. Plus its nice because the kitties want to cozy up to me again. But I hate the cold because it makes all my joints hurt more then they do in the summer. BUt aside from that all the seasons offer something good. I love the smell of the wood stove and a good cup of hot chocolate as the snow falls outside. (hee hee I don't shovel my hubby makes sure that I get to stay warm and cozy inside
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by binkyhoo

Like someone else said, I get a burst of energy in autumn and spring. Its the changing of the seasons.

And BOO on all you winter lovers. You must never of had to get up at 5 AM to shovel 12" of wet heavy snow off your car.
Wanna bet? lol.

Not off the car, but my parents road, (when I lived with them for a bit), er, I mean driveway, which is a small road. I was out everyday as WI last year got almost record breaking snowfall. My morning routine went something like this...
Wake up, look outside, swear a lot. Try to go back to bed.
Know what you have to do and get out of bed, drink lots of coffee.
Suit up, and go shovel and snowblow the endless amount of snow fighting a snowblower that has refused to snowblow, uphill.
Swear a lot more and threaten the snowblower you will ax kill it!
Stomp into the house all mad and go pee. (all the coffee) suit back up into the now gross snotty scarf and sweaty coat and go back out to find the 40mph winds have just undone all your work.
I know snow.
Stlll would not change it for the world!