I Lost My Winnie 5 Days Ago

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss in losing winnie. But I agree that winnie is in a better place, i lost my two cats 30th march and 3rd of january this year, and its been 1 week and half since mc was put down and 3 months when leo was put down. In this last week and a half since both of them are gone, i have come to realize that we who are left here behind on earth are in hell. We are living on a planet right now where i look around, read the news watch tv and see suffering everywhere, us humans and animals who are alive are existing to survive and struggle to survive everyday. Yes, we have some wonderful moments with our loved ones, and the earth and its creation is beautiful to enjoy and watch at times, but these moments are so short i feel. The more i get older, i see the way the world is getting worse in suffering. I feel sad and upset that i cant be with my beloved leo and mc now, but i know that they are not suffering anymore. Winnie is at peace, free from pain, free to go anywhere, where she doesn't have to worry about being hungry or in danger, she will always have comfort, calm, peace, safety, she will never be sick again, she is in the most happiest place and the most safest place in heaven in gods arms and protected by his angels. She will look after you from above.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Winnie was beautiful. And in your heart she will forever be.

I am so sincerely sorry for your loss. May you find strength and consolation from the memories you two have shared together.

Until you meet again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss in losing winnie. But I agree that winnie is in a better place, i lost my two cats 30th march and 3rd of january this year, and its been 1 week and half since mc was put down and 3 months when leo was put down. In this last week and a half since both of them are gone, i have come to realize that we who are left here behind on earth are in hell. We are living on a planet right now where i look around, read the news watch tv and see suffering everywhere, us humans and animals who are alive are existing to survive and struggle to survive everyday. Yes, we have some wonderful moments with our loved ones, and the earth and its creation is beautiful to enjoy and watch at times, but these moments are so short i feel. The more i get older, i see the way the world is getting worse in suffering. I feel sad and upset that i cant be with my beloved leo and mc now, but i know that they are not suffering anymore. Winnie is at peace, free from pain, free to go anywhere, where she doesn't have to worry about being hungry or in danger, she will always have comfort, calm, peace, safety, she will never be sick again, she is in the most happiest place and the most safest place in heaven in gods arms and protected by his angels. She will look after you from above.
Thank you so much. Yes, this is so true. My partner said that, essentially. That we are left in a worse place than our loved ones, as they go to a better place with no pain or suffering. I am sorry about MC and Leo. They are with you. ♥

Winnie was beautiful. And in your heart she will forever be.

I am so sincerely sorry for your loss. May you find strength and consolation from the memories you two have shared together.

Until you meet again.
Thank you so much. Yes, I will definitely cherish the memories we had. ♥

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry about your girl Winnie. She was incredibly beautiful.
But now she is at the Bridge with so many of our babies and she is in
good hands.

Hugs,

Mia :hugs:

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry about your girl Winnie. She was incredibly beautiful.
But now she is at the Bridge with so many of our babies and she is in
good hands.

Hugs,

Mia :hugs:
Thank you so much.

I can't believe it's been a week that she's been gone. It's still weird/sad to come home and not have her at the door greeting me. :bawling:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much.

I can't believe it's been a week that she's been gone. It's still weird/sad to come home and not have her at the door greeting me. :bawling:
I bet it is very sad. Maybe try to keep busy at that time for awhile. But know she is looking over you and always will be.

Mia xxxx

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bet it is very sad. Maybe try to keep busy at that time for awhile. But know she is looking over you and always will be.

Mia xxxx
Thank you. I am trying. It hits me at certain moments, or when things remind me of her.

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got a voicemail from the vet's office..her ashes have come in and I can pick her up. :bawling:
Sometimes it still doesn't feel real.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
:( I find keeping busy helps at times for me, i experience the same feeling expecting them there in that moment that you forget that they are gone. I am still trying to get used to it, i just pretend that they are still there, i say hello in the mornings to them and ask them how their day is in heaven going and at night time i say good night to them when i look at their photos and that i will see them in the morning. If you have photos of them on your mobile phone, when you get sad look at their photos or videos, it helps me a little. I didn't get to take their bodies home or cremate them cause my parents wouldn't allow it, so all i know is that their bodies is dumped somewhere like trash :( when i pass the Vet every day i see that van that takes the body away they say that there is a cemetery that they take them to, but i dont think that is true, for MC i did take her fur that was shaved of her arms for the injection, its in a little bottle hung near her photo.

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Going back home with a tiny box and knowing that it is all that remains of our beloved pets is heart-crushing :bawling:
Yes. I am sure I will have a moment after I pick her up today. :(

:( I find keeping busy helps at times for me, i experience the same feeling expecting them there in that moment that you forget that they are gone. I am still trying to get used to it, i just pretend that they are still there, i say hello in the mornings to them and ask them how their day is in heaven going and at night time i say good night to them when i look at their photos and that i will see them in the morning. If you have photos of them on your mobile phone, when you get sad look at their photos or videos, it helps me a little. I didn't get to take their bodies home or cremate them cause my parents wouldn't allow it, so all i know is that their bodies is dumped somewhere like trash :( when i pass the Vet every day i see that van that takes the body away they say that there is a cemetery that they take them to, but i dont think that is true, for MC i did take her fur that was shaved of her arms for the injection, its in a little bottle hung near her photo.
I agree, most of the time I am okay. But then there are those moments that hit me. I am sorry you weren't able to take your kitties or their ashes. Ultimately, when they passed, they left their bodies and their souls went on to a better place. So please try not to be sad or guilty..they knew you loved them just the same . I have had fur babies when I was younger that we were not able to take either, so I understand. The memories will be the strongest for us. And I do enjoy looking at her photos, that is true. :)

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It came standard from the company, and with a little nameplate I could put on it :)

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It feels surreal that it hasn't even been 3 weeks. In some ways, it feels so much longer, and in other ways, it feels like yesterday. I re-read all of the comments and replies. Thank you all so much. They really helped, and still do. :redheartpump:

littlecaitling

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I understand completely, feeling exactly the same way about my love. It's been 15 days, but it could have been 15 months and 15 minutes all at the same time. Seems so odd, but then again pretty much everything feels off at the moment.

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I understand completely, feeling exactly the same way about my love. It's been 15 days, but it could have been 15 months and 15 minutes all at the same time. Seems so odd, but then again pretty much everything feels off at the moment.
Exactly. So sorry you lost your baby also. :alright:

cara1970

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sad to hear, but I have just had to do the same thing with my tuxedo cat, Fred on Tuesday. I went a step further and he was referred to a more sophisticated vet in the city where further tests were done. But you know it didn't make any difference, so you were right in your decision. You saved Winnie from the insufferable pain of being in the vets for days on end, and you saved yourself the trauma of seeing her in decline even more. I'm still traumatised every time I see Fred in mind when I went in to see him and cuddle him for the very last time. He looked utterly miserable. I persisted with hope for Fred because I didn't have the experience of knowing how complicated cats are. They are complicated creatures and diagnosis and treatment can be tricky. That is what I have learned. When it is time, it is time. They often tell you, and it seems Winnie did. RIP Winnie.
I hope you are coping ok. I am in a heap, but it helps others are also going through the same thing.

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sad to hear, but I have just had to do the same thing with my tuxedo cat, Fred on Tuesday. I went a step further and he was referred to a more sophisticated vet in the city where further tests were done. But you know it didn't make any difference, so you were right in your decision. You saved Winnie from the insufferable pain of being in the vets for days on end, and you saved yourself the trauma of seeing her in decline even more. I'm still traumatised every time I see Fred in mind when I went in to see him and cuddle him for the very last time. He looked utterly miserable. I persisted with hope for Fred because I didn't have the experience of knowing how complicated cats are. They are complicated creatures and diagnosis and treatment can be tricky. That is what I have learned. When it is time, it is time. They often tell you, and it seems Winnie did. RIP Winnie.
I hope you are coping ok. I am in a heap, but it helps others are also going through the same thing.
Thank you so much. They really are such unique but complicated creatures. It is sad, because as others have told me, doubt and guilt seem to be a part of grief. No matter what decision we make or when, we still have guilt. I know in my heart I did the right thing for her, but I still feel badly as she didn't "seem" sick. But then rationally I think about how she wasn't eating, grooming, playing..and I know that was her way of telling me she was. In your situation, you wanted to treat him as well as you could and do everything you could which is very admirable. But then we still feel guilty about what we did or didn't do. Unfortunately my parents passed and it did take me a while to not think of their last moments when I would think of them. I still have those thoughts but now I remember better times, when they were healthy. I think the same will happen for you with Fred. It will just take time. Hang in there. :alright: