I Lost My Cat Today

Emma71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had to have my beautiful tortoiseshell and white cat put to sleep today. She was nearly 21 and I had her since she was a kitten. I really miss her. It was so peaceful and I know it was right for her but I'm so sad.

Jason607

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Emma I'm extremely sorry for your loss. You must have had a very strong bond with her since you knew her for so long. Take whatever amount of time you need to grieve her. The pain will be there but that's natural since you love her so much. Know that while you cat has left you for now, you will see her again one day. Until then always keep her in your heart but try to keep her off your mind. And whenever she does come to mind try to remember all the amazingly happy days you had with her. It will take time but eventually the sadness will be manageable. If you want to tell us about your beautiful cat we would love to hear about her.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, to have her in your life for that long is a testimonial of your wonderful care. But it also emphasizes the emptiness and loneliness you are now feeling. Time is the only thing that helps in situations like this, not to get over your pain, that will always be with you,but learning how to manage it and learning a new life's path without her. Just remember she would never want you to be so sad because of her, she loves you too much for that. She would want for you to find happiness and sunshine once more in your life, just as you would want for her if you were the first to go.
She shared your life's journey for a while, and became an important part of it. She helped to shape you into who you are by teaching you to love and share your heart with another. It would have been far more tragic to have never known her at all. You have a bond that is spiritual, so it will be intertwined with your soul forever.She will never be far from your heart.
Remember all the wonderful, things that made her her, that special meow, the way she looked at you when she wanted something, how she comforted you when you needed her to be there. How much she loved you. Use these special memories to bring yourself comfort.
Surround yourself with those who understand your pain, you need empathy to help your broken heart heal. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, may God be with you......RIP precious girl, you will never be forgotten and will be held tenderly in a loving heart forever more. Goodnight, sleep tight, little Princess!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a long and lovely life she must have had at your side. Knowing that choice was the right one does little to ease that lonely place beside us. My heart is with yours.

Rest you gentle, little one, dream you deep. You will be loved always.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear of your loss, what a blessing that you had her for so long, but it of course is never enough. She is okay and at peace now, it is you who are understandably hurting, but with time it will lessen, and I hope when the time is right you will consider loving another cat that needs a great home.

I hope your heart heals a bit each day, God Bless.......:alright:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry, to lose a friend that has been a part of your life for that long is crushing. What was her name ?

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so, so sorry. But what a wonderfully long life she had with you! I hope time will ease your heartache.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emma71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone for your kind words. It really means a lot. I am taking comfort from the fact that she is now at peace. When she slipped away she looked at me as if to say thank you. Her name was Poppy. I loved her.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone for your kind words. It really means a lot. I am taking comfort from the fact that she is now at peace. When she slipped away she looked at me as if to say thank you. Her name was Poppy. I loved her.
And she loved you......:rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emma71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_0037.JPG
Thank you all. This is my lovely Poppy x