I Lost My Beloved Sophia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pmp52

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I lost my beloved Sophia Sunday at 539 am. My heart is broke. I cried all day long. I went to work and feel like a zombie today. I loved her so much. She was only five years old and healthy died in her sleep. She was sleeping on my bed cuddled up to me. Woke up and she was still warm. I went nuts screaming and crying. Called the vet and spoke to him today and he thought perhaps a stoke or heart attack? Other than that...we don't know why she died. So young and such a pretty baby.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sophia, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

So young, too young. But...where there is love, an eternity is not long enough. I think, although we can never know, that Sophia must have had some congenital heart issue that lay silent and undetectable. This happens. And while shocking for you, there are worse ways to leave This World for The Next World than sleeping warm and safe in the arms of Love.

Sophia is dancing on sunlight now, in a place where eternity is but a moment. She waits, never far from you, for that day (in the fullness of time) when you will join her in her joyous dance. Dance on, Sweet Friend, dance on!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes these bad things just happen for some reason and it is very sudden and catastrophic and can hurt and haunt you for awhile, that is how grief works, but please know that where she is now she is fine, just fine, and you will see her again one day and it will be wonderful.

I am so sorry for your sudden loss.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not expecting the death of a beloved furbaby is devastating, but at least she didn't suffer.
She was dreaming to be with you, to be cauddled by you, to be kissed by you.
And from this wonderful dream she walked into another dream, where everything around her is queit and filled with love.
Now she lives in a neverending dream, but she hasn't forgotten you. In fact, she's waiting to be rejoined in her dream of love!

RIP Sophie!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sad. I cannot imagine the grief you are feeling right now.

Hang in there. Sophia would not want to see you sad. At least you were there for her, beside her, when she left. We all understand your pain. You are not alone. You can cry it all until the pain subsides. Here I am sending my prayers to you. Be strong.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So heartbreaking and devastating! Something so quick and so overwhelming , most likely indicates a heart defect or an embolism, both which can go completely undetected for years. My heart goes out to you.
That she went in her sleep, with the one she loved so very much close by, will bring comfort in the coming years. She was called early for an unknown reason, a call that cannot be refused. And although she now follows a new path, it will forever parallel your own.
The bond you built during your time together can never be taken from you. It is a part of you now, she will always be as near as your thoughts and prayers. Try not to dwell on her end, i know that is impossible right now, but it changes nothing and only brings heartache. You will always have all those should haves, could haves, they are a part of grief, do not let them rule your life and make her death more important than her life. That can never be, what she brought to your life is a precious treasure to be kept by you for the rest of your own life. Your memories will in time bring comfort, and begin the healing process for your. broken heart. She will find peace in knowing you will keep her memory alive, that you will honor her memory and let her love grow and spread by sending her thoughts and prayers of your own happiness and the joy you find in life in the years to come. Not hiding it in the darkness of perpetual grief.
She received five years of unconditional love, and gave back the same. She was a good part of your life,to have never known her at all would be unforgivable. She is a part of your past,and that can never be taken from you, your souls are intertwined for eternity.
My heart cries for your pain and the horror you went through. I pray that you find peace in knowing she is at peace now, that in time your broken heart will heal and you will find the strength to let your precious memories of happier times bring you comfort instead of tears. Your precious Sophie would never want to bring you such pain.... take care....RIP dear Sophie. You will forever have a secure place in a loving heart, you will be dearly missed. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

pmp52

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your wonderful sincere kind words regarding my Sophia. Each day goes by (2 days now) and I am still grieving of course. Tears come to my eyes looking over the yard where she lays in peace. I loved her so. She was so loving and just a joy. My hopes someday is to rescue another young declawed cat that I again love and treasure. My vet called me and explained that perhaps she did have a stroke or heart worm? Such a horrid day Sunday that I hope leaves my memory. I want to think of her alive and healthy. Thanks again everyone so kind.

pmp52

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think I am going to wait at least 6 months before getting another kitty I feel that now is too soon....thoughts?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I am going to wait at least 6 months before getting another kitty I feel that now is too soon....thoughts?
There isn't a scheduled time to get another cat.
Somebody is ready the day after, someone needs weeks, months, even years.
Someone else decides not to get another cat for good.

I talk from experience, do not rush and do not let the feeling of a single moment mislead you. Think it over and over, and then again.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think that you need to let go of a schedule and listen to your heart. It may be too soon. It may not. Six months may be too soon. YOU WILL KNOW! And...what if exactly the right cat came along, but you turned your back because it didn't fit the time schedule you had in your head? Listen to your heart.

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. What a shock. I agree with so many others that Sophia died close to you, loved, warm. She probably didn't have much pain or even any pain. In some ways, that way to go is a blessing. I think most of us would like to go in our sleep. It was a blessing she wasn't sick for years or on medication with multiple vet visits. You rescued her. She is your baby and always will be. That will never stop. She is beautiful and always will be. She is watching you right now along with all of our other kitties.
I lost Timmer almost a year ago. I actually look on the shelter websites at the cats up for adoption and in October I drove to one because I thought I wanted a cat. I started crying in the parking lot. I knew I was going to leave that shelter alone. Sure enough, the cat I was interested in was a frightened mess. I've never seen such a frightened cat. I have one cat still with me and I didn't think this cat would be a good fit for us. I was happy to see on the shelter website that he had been adopted days later and I hope his new family is a good one.
My point in my rambling is that I think you will know when the time is right. Don't rush things. I have also gone out after a cat has passed away and gotten another cat immediately, and it took me a longer time to bond with the cat because I wasn't ready.
When it feels right, it will be the right time. Another cat will steal your heart and be your cuddler. In the meantime, be kind to yourself and let yourself grieve.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't rush things. I have also gone out after a cat has passed away and gotten another cat immediately, and it took me a longer time to bond with the cat because I wasn't ready.
It has just happened to me, that's why I'm saying not to rush. It is important to take the time to think it over and over, and sometimes it take months or years to be ready again.