I LOST MY BABY BUTTER :(

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I said it on your other thread, but both your cats are truly gorgeous.
I'm truly sorry for your loss of Butter. :rbheart: :hugs: :grouphug:
I get so sad and angry when they die so young,...even though I know that he's in a good place...either running around...playing...or just watching over you.

I think that pure Energy can never die, ...the soul cannot...and Love cannot.
So I think that your Butter's energy, soul,...is just transformed into another form...somewhere else...either heaven, rainbow bridge or wherever you believe it to be. It's got to be in a good place, because this tiny being of yours, that brought you so much happiness...has got to spread some more happiness...somewhere else too.

That photo above, with Scotch and Butter in the sink, makes me smile. :)
How did you ever get anything done in there? :blush:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know I said it on your other thread, but both your cats are truly gorgeous.
I'm truly sorry for your loss of Butter. :rbheart: :hugs: :grouphug:
I get so sad and angry when they die so young,...even though I know that he's in a good place...either running around...playing...or just watching over you.

I think that pure Energy can never die, ...the soul cannot...and Love cannot.
So I think that your Butter's energy, soul,...is just transformed into another form...somewhere else...either heaven, rainbow bridge or wherever you believe it to be. It's got to be in a good place, because this tiny being of yours, that brought you so much happiness...has got to spread some more happiness...somewhere else too.

That photo above, with Scotch and Butter in the sink, makes me smile. :)
How did you ever get anything done in there? :blush:
I would love to think his little spirit is bringing happiness some where, still 🙏. They really are beautiful kittens.. we always knew how amazing they were and commented all the time how lucky we got such adorable, happy, loving cats! I had a cat for 21 years, then one for 14 years. Two beautiful girls, but neither were lap cats or cuddled but were still wonderful girls. Butter🐱 was the first kitten i I had that snuggled.. he would actually “hug” you if you called to him.. he would run and jump on my lap and then jump up and put his arms around me and giving me kisses ..my heart breaks that he’s not here to do that ..I’m crying again ..😢😢😢 I miss my boy so much! 💔 I never got things done with them around .. I would say ah well and just sit and play with them..and now I’m so glad I did! You are right .. Butter must still be around.. a beautiful energy like his has to go on! Thank you so much for your help.. I’ve read everyone’s replies over and over when I’m struggling and it helps ease my pain ❤..

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to think his little spirit is bringing happiness some where, still 🙏. They really are beautiful kittens.. we always knew how amazing they were and commented all the time how lucky we got such adorable, happy, loving cats! I had a cat for 21 years, then one for 14 years. Two beautiful girls, but neither were lap cats or cuddled but were still wonderful girls. Butter🐱 was the first kitten i I had that snuggled.. he would actually “hug” you if you called to him.. he would run and jump on my lap and then jump up and put his arms around me and giving me kisses ..my heart breaks that he’s not here to do that ..I’m crying again ..😢😢😢 I miss my boy so much! 💔
Butter sounds amazing. :rbheart:
It's okay to cry.
You have to release all those emotions.
Both sad and happy ones.
I never got things done with them around .. I would say ah well and just sit and play with them..and now I’m so glad I did!
haha. I guess that's a good thing in a way...depending upon the time of day...I suppose.
Not sure if when you had to brush your teeth or take a shower...if having either cat around would have helped... or slowed you down. :blush:
But I understand.

It's great that you'd spent time and just sat and played. :)

You remind me, that I have to spend more time with my own fur crew, and not watch so much t.v. at times. Take some extra time and just relax and be with them, playing or sitting.
You are right .. Butter must still be around.. a beautiful energy like his has to go on! Thank you so much for your help.. I’ve read everyone’s replies over and over when I’m struggling and it helps ease my pain ❤..
I'm glad we're able to help in some small way.
You have to go through the hard parts now.

Like di and bob mentioned...those emotions will come in waves.
You feel better for a bit, then it hits you again.
It hits you at times when you don't even think it will.

I know you've already heard this, and it sounds like a cliche...but with time...the pain and sadness do let go...or lessen with time.
When you look at their photos, and are able to smile more than be sad,...then you will know...that what matters is that Butter was in your life, you were so lucky to have him, and no one can take that happiness and good memories away.:hugs:

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Butter sounds amazing. :rbheart:
It's okay to cry.
You have to release all those emotions.
Both sad and happy ones.

haha. I guess that's a good thing in a way...depending upon the time of day...I suppose.
Not sure if when you had to brush your teeth or take a shower...if having either cat around would have helped... or slowed you down. :blush:
But I understand.

It's great that you'd spent time and just sat and played. :)

You remind me, that I have to spend more time with my own fur crew, and not watch so much t.v. at times. Take some extra time and just relax and be with them, playing or sitting.

I'm glad we're able to help in some small way.
You have to go through the hard parts now.

Like di and bob mentioned...those emotions will come in waves.
You feel better for a bit, then it hits you again.
It hits you at times when you don't even think it will.

I know you've already heard this, and it sounds like a cliche...but with time...the pain and sadness do let go...or lessen with time.
When you look at their photos, and are able to smile more than be sad,...then you will know...that what matters is that Butter was in your life, you were so lucky to have him, and no one can take that happiness and good memories away.:hugs:
Thank you so much for all your help :blush:🐱

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss,I feel your pain,I lost my best friend a little less than a week ago, it is devastating. God bless you.
I’m so sorry 😢 it’s so hard! I’m sorry for your loss and pain 🌼

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for all your help :blush:🐱
Sure, anytime. :)
Post more photos of Butter if they make you feel better.
Or write your feelings out.
A journal often helps, too. :greenpaw: (It helped me, when I lost one of my previous cats. I only wrote 3 pages though...more of a 'letter to my cat' ...thanking him for coming into my life and being mine. I don't go back and read the pages, though. Which might sound odd...but I had some closure at the time...which helped. It was more of telling him how much I loved him and how great he was.) :bluepaw:

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sure, anytime. :)
Post more photos of Butter if they make you feel better.
Or write your feelings out.
A journal often helps, too. :greenpaw: (It helped me, when I lost one of my previous cats. I only wrote 3 pages though...more of a 'letter to my cat' ...thanking him for coming into my life and being mine. I don't go back and read the pages, though. Which might sound odd...but I had some closure at the time...which helped. It was more of telling him how much I loved him and how great he was.) :bluepaw:
That’s a great idea! I think I’m going to write my baby Butter a letter tomorrow! I think rereading it would probably cause pain so I understand why you wouldn’t read it again And I think it will help me to write one too. I’ll probably cry the whole time .. I’m choking up just thinking of it ☹ I’ll post some more pictures too as I love pics of my boy .. god I just hate that he’s not here .. I miss him so so much!! Butter sure was a gem And no matter how this turned out, I’m so glad I got to have him in my life ❤ Thanks again for you advice! I’ll write my boy a letter tomorrow!

Attachments

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s a great idea! I think I’m going to write my baby Butter a letter tomorrow! I think rereading it would probably cause pain so I understand why you wouldn’t read it again And I think it will help me to write one too. I’ll probably cry the whole time .. I’m choking up just thinking of it ☹ I’ll post some more pictures too as I love pics of my boy .. god I just hate that he’s not here .. I miss him so so much!! Butter sure was a gem And no matter how this turned out, I’m so glad I got to have him in my life ❤ Thanks again for you advice! I’ll write my boy a letter tomorrow!
I think it might help.
You're right, I probably don't go and reread it, since I don't want to revisit that sad time again...but I do remember parts of it being more of a 'thank you for being great kind of thing'...so I probably should go back and find it and read it.

Goodness. The photos of your boys are so amazing. My favourite is the one with both cats on that shelf.
It's like they are posing for you.:biggrin:
and it looks so Rustic, like two campers on a bunk-bed. I really like the way the wood blends with their colourings. :lovecat2::caticon:
Butter with the winter snowflake blanket, or christmas snowflake blanket, is so pretty. He doesn't even look too upset that you woke him up, or maybe he was playing on that blanket. :evergreen:

I hope your Scotch is doing okay.
I know you mentioned that he's been more affectionate and snuggly.
He's probably wanting you to feel better, too. :catrub:

(Somehow just having other animals around,.. eases the sadness a lot.
Our animals just kind of know when we are sad, and want us feeling better. It's amazing the things they do for us.) :)

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Butter was meant to be an angel all along. He came to your life fleetingly probably just to remind you of life's simple yet pure joys. He came to you for a moment to teach you about loss, grief and ultimately acceptance. He would not want you to dwell on this sadness forever. You still have Scotch. Butters have left such beautiful memories for you to hang on each and every day, until the pain all subsides.

I am sincerely sorry for your loss. May we, at TCS, provide you with virtual companionship in these sad times. We are all here for you. Hang in there.

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think it might help.
You're right, I probably don't go and reread it, since I don't want to revisit that sad time again...but I do remember parts of it being more of a 'thank you for being great kind of thing'...so I probably should go back and find it and read it.

Goodness. The photos of your boys are so amazing. My favourite is the one with both cats on that shelf.
It's like they are posing for you.:biggrin:
and it looks so Rustic, like two campers on a bunk-bed. I really like the way the wood blends with their colourings. :lovecat2::caticon:
Butter with the winter snowflake blanket, or christmas snowflake blanket, is so pretty. He doesn't even look too upset that you woke him up, or maybe he was playing on that blanket. :evergreen:

I hope your Scotch is doing okay.
I know you mentioned that he's been more affectionate and snuggly.
He's probably wanting you to feel better, too. :catrub:

(Somehow just having other animals around,.. eases the sadness a lot.
Our animals just kind of know when we are sad, and want us feeling better. It's amazing the things they do for us.) :)
Thank you 😊 I love that photo too! We Built shelves for them with scratch post attached and it was one place they love to hang out together! And Butter always played on the blankets when I made the bed! He would run from corner to corner like A mad man and it was the cutest thing ever ❤ My heart aches for him.. I’m so sad we won’t get the future with him 💔I always said they were sure gonna be handsome men when they grew up! I’m so grateful I have Scotch still! I think he is doing ok mostly as he’s eating good and grooming and still plays mousey ..funny he only chases his mouse that rattles and Butter only chased his birdie that tweeted but they never chased each other’s toy! But Scotch seems to sleep more and sit with me for cuddles (which is wonderful because he didn’t do that much before, that was Butters thing 🐱). He’s not running around like he did with Butter (they were always playing chase) so sometimes he looks so sad though I know that can be me projecting my feelings on him .. but I really think a new kitten may help him ..though they are a bit hard to come by this time of year in New England ... but then I worry if that’s ok for Scotchie too .. it does help to have another baby still here as Scotch definitely comes to sooth me when I’m crying .. this sure has been a sad tough time ..thank you for letting me share all this and for your words of kindness and help ❤

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Butter was meant to be an angel all along. He came to your life fleetingly probably just to remind you of life's simple yet pure joys. He came to you for a moment to teach you about loss, grief and ultimately acceptance. He would not want you to dwell on this sadness forever. You still have Scotch. Butters have left such beautiful memories for you to hang on each and every day, until the pain all subsides.

I am sincerely sorry for your loss. May we, at TCS, provide you with virtual companionship in these sad times. We are all here for you. Hang in there.
Thank you Maria xx I think he was sent here to teach some kind of lesson too .. though I’ve had so much loss the last few years (dad, mom and elder cat) that I’ve had to learn to grieve and go on many times... maybe it’s to not take things for granted as they may not be around as long as we think..or maybe to take better care of myself so my body stays healthy? I try to not be so sad as I know my boy wouldn’t want that as he was the pure example of joy and happiness.. I just really wish this never happened and I wish the tow boys were running Around the housing making the noise that always made me smile.. it’s so quiet now 😞 we are showering Scotch with loves and hopefully his little heart will be ok too XX thank you for your kind words and encouragement.. this page has really helped me grieve outloud and I’ve been given so much words is wisdom and different ways to make sense of this and it’s really eased the pain in my soul. Thank you again ❤

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you 😊 I love that photo too! We Built shelves for them with scratch post attached and it was one place they love to hang out together! And Butter always played on the blankets when I made the bed! He would run from corner to corner like A mad man and it was the cutest thing ever ❤ My heart aches for him.. I’m so sad we won’t get the future with him 💔I always said they were sure gonna be handsome men when they grew up! I’m so grateful I have Scotch still! I think he is doing ok mostly as he’s eating good and grooming and still plays mousey ..funny he only chases his mouse that rattles and Butter only chased his birdie that tweeted but they never chased each other’s toy! But Scotch seems to sleep more and sit with me for cuddles (which is wonderful because he didn’t do that much before, that was Butters thing 🐱). He’s not running around like he did with Butter (they were always playing chase) so sometimes he looks so sad though I know that can be me projecting my feelings on him .. but I really think a new kitten may help him ..though they are a bit hard to come by this time of year in New England ... but then I worry if that’s ok for Scotchie too .. it does help to have another baby still here as Scotch definitely comes to sooth me when I’m crying .. this sure has been a sad tough time ..thank you for letting me share all this and for your words of kindness and help ❤
That's a great idea, building a cat shelf with a scratch post attached. So they get to hang out and exercise their paws too. :thumbsup:

Ha. Making the bed must have been a little more difficult then...having an 'extra little helper who would run around from corner to corner'.:lol: I'm sure Butter was trying to help you...to make sure all the corners were as flat and straight as possible. :blush:
It is amazing how each cat has their favourite toys, or the ones that they prefer to play with.
They probably mark them, and make sure that the other will not steal them away.

It sounds like Scotch likes things on the ground, then,...while Butter was more an 'up in the air' and likes to be 'on top of beds and such'? One likes a mouse and one likes a bird. Cute.:bluedragonfly: :purplebutterfly:

I do think you are right. Another kitten will help Scotch, just for the sake of having another buddy to play with.
Even if the timing is not right now, due to the season, ...the good thing is that you are open to the idea, and can honour your Butter's memory with bringing another little being home.
No cat will ever replace your Butter, and no cat ever could.
You'll just come to love, and give a new home to another, that will surely need it. :)

Maybe Scotch sleeps more and asks for more cuddles, not only because Butter is gone...but also because he's growing up...and moving out of kittenhood. When they are kittens it seems like a whirlwind of activity, like non-stop action,...but then they grow more and kind of mellow, and can sleep for longer periods of time.:sleep2:

(I do like to remember when mine were little, too, and the constant chasing, tumbling and rolling. Yet I also enjoyed watching them when they were separate, and finding things to explore and figure out. How each of their unique personalities would show through.
Mine are 5.5 years now, both male and female siblings, ...so they don't really like to play with each other much...but do like to cuddle with me...albeit separately.)

It's interesting, because looking at your photos...I would have guessed that Scotch was the braver, more bolder one. :think:
Not sure why, ...I just think it's how he looks in certain photos, and how he sits and what he's looking at.
Boy am I wrong. So interesting that the one that looks more gentler or slightly smaller...is the one that was full of action and a little more of a leader, too. :biggrin:

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's a great idea, building a cat shelf with a scratch post attached. So they get to hang out and exercise their paws too. :thumbsup:

Ha. Making the bed must have been a little more difficult then...having an 'extra little helper who would run around from corner to corner'.:lol: I'm sure Butter was trying to help you...to make sure all the corners were as flat and straight as possible. :blush:
It is amazing how each cat has their favourite toys, or the ones that they prefer to play with.
They probably mark them, and make sure that the other will not steal them away.

It sounds like Scotch likes things on the ground, then,...while Butter was more an 'up in the air' and likes to be 'on top of beds and such'? One likes a mouse and one likes a bird. Cute.:bluedragonfly: :purplebutterfly:

I do think you are right. Another kitten will help Scotch, just for the sake of having another buddy to play with.
Even if the timing is not right now, due to the season, ...the good thing is that you are open to the idea, and can honour your Butter's memory with bringing another little being home.
No cat will ever replace your Butter, and no cat ever could.
You'll just come to love, and give a new home to another, that will surely need it. :)

Maybe Scotch sleeps more and asks for more cuddles, not only because Butter is gone...but also because he's growing up...and moving out of kittenhood. When they are kittens it seems like a whirlwind of activity, like non-stop action,...but then they grow more and kind of mellow, and can sleep for longer periods of time.:sleep2:

(I do like to remember when mine were little, too, and the constant chasing, tumbling and rolling. Yet I also enjoyed watching them when they were separate, and finding things to explore and figure out. How each of their unique personalities would show through.
Mine are 5.5 years now, both male and female siblings, ...so they don't really like to play with each other much...but do like to cuddle with me...albeit separately.)

It's interesting, because looking at your photos...I would have guessed that Scotch was the braver, more bolder one. :think:
Not sure why, ...I just think it's how he looks in certain photos, and how he sits and what he's looking at.
Boy am I wrong. So interesting that the one that looks more gentler or slightly smaller...is the one that was full of action and a little more of a leader, too. :biggrin:
The funny thing is Scotch was the first one out of the carrier when we got them so we thought he would be the dominating one 😊but then Butter just took over ❤ I sure miss him.. with Covid besides work we were basically home with like everyone else is ...and those boys together took your mind off the hard things going on these days and all the worries ..Scotch sure helps my pain but also get sad looking at him, knowing he must be sad too ... it is fun talking about Butter .. it makes me feel still so close to him ..I actually called him “My Bubbies” 😊 but then I get so sad longing for days that won’t come . Uggg thanks for alll your support again .. you all have really helped xx 🐱

Attachments

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
The photo above reminds me of 'two cat bouncers' at a club, working the door security.
Or 'two guard cats on duty'...who are just waiting for the mailman to arrive. Really handsome and tough. :cool2: :coolcat:
❤ I sure miss him.. with Covid besides work we were basically home with like everyone else is ...and those boys together took your mind off the hard things going on these days and all the worries .
:hugs: :hugs: :grouphug: :rbheart: You're so right. Our animals have that ability to "take our minds off the worries and hard things going on", ...even in small amounts of time.

It's tough on you now, because they were always together...and such a drastic change is too sudden and unkind.
It was too fast.
Gave you no time to prepare...but even if you had time to prepare...I don't think it makes it any easier. :rbheart:
..Scotch sure helps my pain but also get sad looking at him, knowing he must be sad too ...
For sure he's missing Butter. But I think some of our animals deal with death, differently.
Because they 'live in the moment', and know how important "now" is...I don't think some actually...think of sadness...as we do.
Since their lives are so much shorter than ours, I think they must "miss another animal or human".. but in a different sort of time-frame.

They pack more into their shorter lives than I think any of us, ever do.
I know they give us more joy, happiness and love...than I could ever hope to give back.
and what Maria Bayote said above,... about 'acceptance' is so, so true.
(But that's just my view...and whatever you feel or think... is right for you and Scotch, too.) :heartshape:
...it is fun talking about Butter .. it makes me feel still so close to him ..I actually called him “My Bubbies” 😊 but then I get so sad longing for days that won’t come . Uggg thanks for alll your support again .. you all have really helped xx 🐱
:grouphug: :hugs: :rbheart:

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The photo above reminds me of 'two cat bouncers' at a club, working the door security.
Or 'two guard cats on duty'...who are just waiting for the mailman to arrive. Really handsome and tough. :cool2: :coolcat:

:hugs: :hugs: :grouphug: :rbheart: You're so right. Our animals have that ability to "take our minds off the worries and hard things going on", ...even in small amounts of time.

It's tough on you now, because they were always together...and such a drastic change is too sudden and unkind.
It was too fast.
Gave you no time to prepare...but even if you had time to prepare...I don't think it makes it any easier. :rbheart:

For sure he's missing Butter. But I think some of our animals deal with death, differently.
Because they 'live in the moment', and know how important "now" is...I don't think some actually...think of sadness...as we do.
Since their lives are so much shorter than ours, I think they must "miss another animal or human".. but in a different sort of time-frame.

They pack more into their shorter lives than I think any of us, ever do.
I know they give us more joy, happiness and love...than I could ever hope to give back.
and what Maria Bayote said above,... about 'acceptance' is so, so true.
(But that's just my view...and whatever you feel or think... is right for you and Scotch, too.) :heartshape:

:grouphug: :hugs: :rbheart:
Your words, kindness And wisdom is so helpful! I hope Scotch does heal easier than I think he is ❤ He’s such a good loving boy! Thank you for all your help! Ide swear you are an angel 😇 your words and comfort have helped me get through the weekend without my Bubbies xxx I really appreciate your help xx 🐱