I LOST MY BABY BUTTER :(

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
iWe adopted two baby brothers, Butter and Scotch back in May when they were 3 months. I was home last week with my boys and everything was normal until about noon time and i went into the room where they sleep on a spare bed in front of a window (sun) and Scotch was sitting on Butter (they are always snuggling or laying on each other) but Scotch looked weird.. I patted them and Butter didnt move... I shook him and nothing. I picked him up and he was limp and unresponsive.. I started freaking out and called out to him .. he wouldnt move. put him back down and listened to his chest and no heart beat :( I tried giving him mouth to mouth and tried massaging his little chest..nothing.. I was completely devasated..called my husband in hysterics and he came right home from work.. our beautiful baby Butter was gone.. 10 months old.. the best cat we have ever had in our lives.. we were and are shattered. The vet said it was most likely the heart issue cats can have that only get found when they pass ..or the feline bacteria that can also kill them... he never had any signs of any trouble.. played all morning and died in the afternoon.. i cant stop seeing his poor limp body and him not waking up.. im so so so so so sad and so is my husband.. and so is his brother Scotchie... ive never lost a cat this young and i feel so lost and so sad and just want to keep crying and crying. this is so awful.

Attachments

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you and your husband. I know how devastating losing a young pet can be. They are both such beautiful kitties.
With as hard as it may be, try to maintain a routine in life. A routine will help you process things easier and it will cause less stress to Scotch.
We're here for you. Please don't hesitate to let it out, talk about it, vent, scream, cry, contact us. Anything you need, TCS is with you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Mr. Meow ... ive cried so much but still need to cry... its been so devasting..he was such a little character! Always met us at the door and hung out with us every where... and poor Scotchie..hes more timid and Butter was so outgoing that i feel so bad for my boy thats left behind. He's eating and purring and playing with us but he doesnt have Butter to Chase around and play with and that breaks my heart even more :( THank you for your kind words and help xx

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A loss such as this would break the strongest heart! I have no words that will even begin comfort you, other than to say that I am so very, very sorry this terrible thing happen to Butter. May your little boy find peace and joy as he runs and jumps across the Rainbow Bridge to play with all of those cats and kittens that are waiting for him.

May Scotch find a way to deal with his loss, and have a long happy and healthy life. God bless you both!

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kid words and sympathy. Scotchie seems ok at times, eating, playing etc but he was just on my lap (he doesn’t usually sit on laps, just feet) and he tucked his little face in my hand.. he so needed love and cuddles (him and Butter snuggled always) so I know my poor boy is doing ok but he’s hurting.. so hard to just be ok, but will 2020 comment above, it would break the strongest heart .. 😢 makes me know it’s ok that im not ok right now. Thank you both

Attachments

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear of this loss at such a young age, it of course would be devastating for anyone. I don't know why they sometimes pass so young, I always think that maybe God needed a little Angel cat for someone to play with, maybe a young child who passed on, but it is so so sad. There was nothing that you could have done differently, for some reason it just happened.

"It is better to have had a good short life than a long bad one" :rbheart:

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss, love your other cat up now he needs you now. I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe a young child
I am so sorry to hear of this loss at such a young age, it of course would be devastating for anyone. I don't know why they sometimes pass so young, I always think that maybe God needed a little Angel cat for someone to play with, maybe a young child who passed on, but it is so so sad. There was nothing that you could have done differently, for some reason it just happened.

"It is better to have had a good short life than a long bad one" :rbheart:

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss, love your other cat up now he needs you now. I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Maybe a young child in heaven did need Butter .. that thought made me feel a little less sad .. he was a perfectly adorable, gentle white tiger 🐱❤ My grandkids thought he was magic xxThank you for your words and prayers 🙏 xxx

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Butter, dream you deep. You walk in your family's hearts forever.

My heart is with yours, Dear New Friend. Do not let anyone tell you how to grieve. Or how long. But know this...Butter's love for you, now translated and purified into Love, is with you still. One day, some day, when the loss is not so raw, you will feel it. I know this, because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. That part of him is with you still, even as he runs and plays at the Rainbow Bridge, awaiting your time to join him.

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Butter, dream you deep. You walk in your family's hearts forever.

My heart is with yours, Dear New Friend. Do not let anyone tell you how to grieve. Or how long. But know this...Butter's love for you, now translated and purified into Love, is with you still. One day, some day, when the loss is not so raw, you will feel it. I know this, because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. That part of him is with you still, even as he runs and plays at the Rainbow Bridge, awaiting your time to join him.
Thank you ❤ All of your posts have helped me feel ok about being so sad .. And that my baby Butter will always be with me. I miss him so much it hurts 😢 thank you for giving me a place to grieve my boy out loud ❤ I have family that help but everyone wants me to be ok and not so sad .. but i am so sad so it feels good to say it and get your kind gentle words to help me.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With such a sudden passing, it points strongly to a genetic heart condition, that in one so young would never be looked for. I strongly urge you to have Scotch checked out, a simple x-ray may show any problems.
To have him go gently into the light, at home, next to his brother, and surrounded by love, is an ending that we all would seek. Though his time came much, much too soon, it was filled with such happiness and love it was enough for his little world......
Tears and grief are a necessary part of grieving. They are a release fot the pent up emotions and overwhelming emotions you are going through. Do not try to stop them, eventually time will give you the strength to control them. We all have our own ways of dealing with grief, words will never heal, but they help to give comfort at a time when comfort seems impossible. You will never get over this, you learn to live again in spite of it, you learn to find a new life's order for yourself and ways to cope with it. And eventually time and the neverending process of the world going on will assert itself in your life and bring you some kind of relief. Life WILL go on, your precious little one's life is a wonderful part of your past now. It should be one of joy and wonderful memories, and one day it will, but first you have to grieve your loss. Ther is no time limit, no rules. Let the love he continues to send your way guide you. That bond of love will be with you always, it is spiritual, so eternal. No matter if it was 10 months, or ten years, that love is a part of you and will never leave you.
Remember, life is for the living. Your sweet boy is safe and at peace because he has your love and the love of his family. As you would want for him if you were the first to go, so he wants for you, because that is love. He loved life so much, he would never want to be the source of sadness in yours for overlong. Shower him with prayers and added loves, like a mother with many children, each one is loved so very much and uniquely, never replaced, just added on to and allowed to grow even more. That love will teach you how to go on, to celebrate having him in your life, not making his death more important than that beautiful life. It will if you allow grief to rule your world. But all this takes time, lots of it. Just try to get through the next minute, the next hour, the next day. and let that beutiful little Butter help you. He is suffering too, though grief treats animals kinder then it does us. My thoughts and prayers are with you all, bless you for loving that precious boy and grieving so much. my herat goes out to you......RIP beautiful, sweet Scotch. You will be deraly missed, you will forever have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
With such a sudden passing, it points strongly to a genetic heart condition, that in one so young would never be looked for. I strongly urge you to have Scotch checked out, a simple x-ray may show any problems.
To have him go gently into the light, at home, next to his brother, and surrounded by love, is an ending that we all would seek. Though his time came much, much too soon, it was filled with such happiness and love it was enough for his little world......
Tears and grief are a necessary part of grieving. They are a release fot the pent up emotions and overwhelming emotions you are going through. Do not try to stop them, eventually time will give you the strength to control them. We all have our own ways of dealing with grief, words will never heal, but they help to give comfort at a time when comfort seems impossible. You will never get over this, you learn to live again in spite of it, you learn to find a new life's order for yourself and ways to cope with it. And eventually time and the neverending process of the world going on will assert itself in your life and bring you some kind of relief. Life WILL go on, your precious little one's life is a wonderful part of your past now. It should be one of joy and wonderful memories, and one day it will, but first you have to grieve your loss. Ther is no time limit, no rules. Let the love he continues to send your way guide you. That bond of love will be with you always, it is spiritual, so eternal. No matter if it was 10 months, or ten years, that love is a part of you and will never leave you.
Remember, life is for the living. Your sweet boy is safe and at peace because he has your love and the love of his family. As you would want for him if you were the first to go, so he wants for you, because that is love. He loved life so much, he would never want to be the source of sadness in yours for overlong. Shower him with prayers and added loves, like a mother with many children, each one is loved so very much and uniquely, never replaced, just added on to and allowed to grow even more. That love will teach you how to go on, to celebrate having him in your life, not making his death more important than that beautiful life. It will if you allow grief to rule your world. But all this takes time, lots of it. Just try to get through the next minute, the next hour, the next day. and let that beutiful little Butter help you. He is suffering too, though grief treats animals kinder then it does us. My thoughts and prayers are with you all, bless you for loving that precious boy and grieving so much. my herat goes out to you......RIP beautiful, sweet Scotch. You will be deraly missed, you will forever have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
That meant a lot to me and you just touched my heart so much and helped me see things a bit different. Thank you for taking the time to write this to me. My aching heart feels a little lighter. God Bless you xxx

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought i was feeling a little better.. but just came across a picture of Butter next to the Christmas Tree :(:(:( Im so crushed... I miss my baby soooo bad and want him back... this is just pure awful... I loved him so much... uggg..my heart hurts

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You will have these tsunamis of emotions wash over you for a long time, especially when you think you are feeling better. You are not alone, we are here.....
Thank you.. . i was so crushed i lost my breath :( ... I get so overwhelmed with grief ..it brings me to my knee's... i had to go in the bathroom at work and have a good long cry... thank you for the support.. it really does help to cry on this page and have comforting words sent back... Thank you

molang

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you Mr. Meow ... ive cried so much but still need to cry... its been so devasting..he was such a little character! Always met us at the door and hung out with us every where... and poor Scotchie..hes more timid and Butter was so outgoing that i feel so bad for my boy thats left behind. He's eating and purring and playing with us but he doesnt have Butter to Chase around and play with and that breaks my heart even more :( THank you for your kind words and help xx
I feel the same, I am devastated. I lost my 7 year old Tao three weeks ago after months of struggle for his health. Not only I deeply love him, but I also feel like I lost my soul mate. His littermate Zen is so sad and lonely now as well. I can only tell you take your time to grieve. Maybe this helps a bit: What I Learned About Love and Grief When I Lost My Cats - Tiny Buddha

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel the same, I am devastated. I lost my 7 year old Tao three weeks ago after months of struggle for his health. Not only I deeply love him, but I also feel like I lost my soul mate. His littermate Zen is so sad and lonely now as well. I can only tell you take your time to grieve. Maybe this helps a bit: What I Learned About Love and Grief When I Lost My Cats - Tiny Buddha
I'm so sorry you lost your Tao .. It's so hard to lose our babies!! I feel like I lost my soul mate too :( Butter just loved giving love and was such a good boy! And now you have another lonely cat too... :( it's all just so heartbreaking.. I will read your link above! Thank you so much for your kindness and I hope your heart starts to heal xx

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is one of those things that we never get over, we just...get through. I am 68 years old, and there are still days when I grieve for my "doggy sister." She had to be euthanized when I was 21 years old. But now, most...most...of the memories are so very sweet.

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is one of those things that we never get over, we just...get through. I am 68 years old, and there are still days when I grieve for my "doggy sister." She had to be euthanized when I was 21 years old. But now, most...most...of the memories are so very sweet.
I’ll never get over Butters loss ❤He was the sweetest animal I ever had XX his memory is so painful now .. but I pray someday it wlll be sweet 🙏 Thank you for your kind words ❤