I LOST MY BABY BUTTER :(

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad their pictures could brighten your day and warm you up! It's so cold there! I thought it was cold here (Massachusetts) we had a big snow storm Monday night into Tuesday so it's not extremely cold any longer but we are full of snow lol
We really are so lucky Scotchie is such a good boy!! He really has taken this kitten in as his own and the little boy just follows Scotch everywhere, its quite adorable!!
:loveeyes: They already cuddle when sleeping!! And the little guy is a pure snuggle boy!! He will climb right on you and fall asleep on your chest, or neck or lap haha where ever he can find! so it's done my heart good..My heart still aches for my Butter but I don't think that will ever change!!
You are soo right, our cats really our truly wonderful little characters and we sure are lucky to have them, for as long as we get too!! Stay warm my friend! :hugs::blush:
Thanks so much, Tbtra. :hugs:
I really needed to hear this, today. :sunshine:
(It is actually sunny here, today....but still cold (-1*C or 30F...with windchill -7*C or 19F).
I think I'll take the cold...over snow...any day.:cold:
I hate to shovel snow. When I was a kid...snow was fun...now...not so much. :ohwell:)

Sounds fantastic with Pumpkin.
Scotch is truly an amazing cat.
Snuggling already...lol. What has it been...like five days. haha.

It's great that it's healing your broken heart.
And yes ...it will surely still ache for Butter...and probably always feel that loss...but it's still good to fill your heart... with any good Joy...that comes our way.
Our lives are also way too short...to spend them in too much sadness.
There's no way that your Butter...would ever want that for you.

"...our cats really our truly wonderful little characters and we sure are lucky to have them, for as long as we get too!! Stay warm my friend! :hugs::blush:"
So true.
You're right about "how lucky we are to have them....for as long as we get too." :touched:

And yes, I will definitely try to stay warm...with warm rooibos tea...and hoping it does not snow. lol. :drinking:
Take care Tbtra..:wave3:...and keep those two snuggle bugs...somewhat in your sight...just in case they want to do some shenanigans around the home, too. :blush: :jive:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much, Tbtra. :hugs:
I really needed to hear this, today. :sunshine:
(It is actually sunny here, today....but still cold (-1*C or 30F...with windchill -7*C or 19F).
I think I'll take the cold...over snow...any day.:cold:
I hate to shovel snow. When I was a kid...snow was fun...now...not so much. :ohwell:)

Sounds fantastic with Pumpkin.
Scotch is truly an amazing cat.
Snuggling already...lol. What has it been...like five days. haha.

It's great that it's healing your broken heart.
And yes ...it will surely still ache for Butter...and probably always feel that loss...but it's still good to fill your heart... with any good Joy...that comes our way.
Our lives are also way too short...to spend them in too much sadness.
There's no way that your Butter...would ever want that for you.

"...our cats really our truly wonderful little characters and we sure are lucky to have them, for as long as we get too!! Stay warm my friend! :hugs::blush:"
So true.
You're right about "how lucky we are to have them....for as long as we get too." :touched:

And yes, I will definitely try to stay warm...with warm rooibos tea...and hoping it does not snow. lol. :drinking:
Take care Tbtra..:wave3:...and keep those two snuggle bugs...somewhat in your sight...just in case they want to do some shenanigans around the home, too. :blush: :jive:
Good morning Catnap! Things are still going great and yes, it's amazing after only five days, seven days now, that they are such good buddies already and it sure warms my heart up!! We are so grateful Scotch is so chill..I've read so many stories of people trying to do this and how hard it was.. Scotch hissed once the first minute and then just sniffed around him and just basically watched the little guy hahah They sleep together during the day while we are at work and i know that is so good for Scotch as him and Butter snuggled constantly. They have started snuggling on the bottom of the bed at night now too and that';s the cutest thing ever!!

Had a good cry last night over my Butter .. I tell you, it still hits so hard in waves.. He was just the coolest, cutest little guy that it still rips my heart out that he's not here to enjoy life with us. :( I have been trying to think of other things when i think of his day of passing and that's helped.. but i still stop and think about his little quirks and the things he did and i laugh .. then i get so sad... uggg.. it's certainly getting better but as we say, i will, I'm sure miss him for ever.. The pain will dull and life will go on .. and we have little Pumpkin to watch over and watch grow now and it's been so good for Scotch that it's helped my depression over my Butter :hearthrob: but damn, i sure do miss my baby Butter!
I'm glad it's not so cold there now! Here either, it's chilly but not to bad. Storm coming in tomorrow but should be warm enough for rain so that's a good thing as there is enough snow out there already so we don't need any more! Oooh what is Rooibos tea? I'll have to google that :yummy: I love a good cup of tea and/or coffee! Hot coco is nice on occasion too!! That sounds so good im going to have to go put on some coffee!! I hope your week is going good and thanks for checking in!! Here's another picture of the boys! It's crazy how Scotchie looks so big now!! Have a good fast day Catnap! :heartshape:

Attachments

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning Catnap! Things are still going great and yes, it's amazing after only five days, seven days now, that they are such good buddies already and it sure warms my heart up!! We are so grateful Scotch is so chill..I've read so many stories of people trying to do this and how hard it was.. Scotch hissed once the first minute and then just sniffed around him and just basically watched the little guy hahah They sleep together during the day while we are at work and i know that is so good for Scotch as him and Butter snuggled constantly. They have started snuggling on the bottom of the bed at night now too and that';s the cutest thing ever!!
Hi Tbtra.:wave3: I did read your post in the morning (thursday), but since I'm a 'night owl', I figured I'd respond at night.
Yeah, I think it's great, too, that Scotch is so accepting of Pumpkin, and so quick, too. haha.

You're right, I've read, many, many threads...where cat intros are longer and more difficult. Usually the cat-to-kitten ones are much faster...but I'm not sure if I ever read any that are this fast. :lol:
Scotch hissing once, sniffing around, and just watching Pumpkin sounds entertaining.
Scotch must have been like, "Wait, let me read your identification...okay...you pass. But hey, I still have to watch you for awhile...to make it look good in front of my humans. You know, like I'm guarding the place, or something. We cats have to make it seem like we are doing something, sometimes." :caticon::gingercat:

Snuggle buddies...sounds great.:cloud9:
Had a good cry last night over my Butter .. I tell you, it still hits so hard in waves.. He was just the coolest, cutest little guy that it still rips my heart out that he's not here to enjoy life with us. :( I have been trying to think of other things when i think of his day of passing and that's helped.. but i still stop and think about his little quirks and the things he did and i laugh .. then i get so sad... uggg.. it's certainly getting better but as we say, i will, I'm sure miss him for ever.. The pain will dull and life will go on .. and we have little Pumpkin to watch over and watch grow now and it's been so good for Scotch that it's helped my depression over my Butter :hearthrob: but damn, i sure do miss my baby Butter!
Hugs Tbtra. :hugs: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Slowly your heart will heal. Allowing yourself to grieve, cry and be sad for a while is all okay.
Missing Butter forever is just a natural thing..since your Love was so strong.:rbheart:
You're right, the pain will dull, and hopefully soon,...only the good memories will push out the tougher ones...
His quirks will always make you laugh...so thinking on those memories does indeed help.
His Spirit, Essence, Love, ...will always be with you, so even though he's physically gone...he's really still with you.

Like you said before, we are truly "lucky to have them, for as long as we get to". :angel:
I'm glad it's not so cold there now! Here either, it's chilly but not to bad. Storm coming in tomorrow but should be warm enough for rain so that's a good thing as there is enough snow out there already so we don't need any more! Oooh what is Rooibos tea? I'll have to google that :yummy: I love a good cup of tea and/or coffee! Hot coco is nice on occasion too!! That sounds so good im going to have to go put on some coffee!! I hope your week is going good and thanks for checking in!! Here's another picture of the boys! It's crazy how Scotchie looks so big now!! Have a good fast day Catnap! :heartshape:
1612500343380.png
I'd rather have rain over snow, any day of the week, too. You don't have to shovel rain.
Our weather reports keep changing...which is good in a way...since when they predict snow...we all get worried...like we've never seen the stuff before. I swear our news people, weather reporters, act all hyper and excited if they have to predict a snowstorm. I'm not sure why. :cold:

Oh, Rooibos tea is a red tea, which is naturally caffeine-free, and comes from some sort of bush plant from south africa. :drinking:
I drink it with milk and sugar, but you can also drink it straight. Someone on this Site actually told me about it years ago, since I mentioned that I loved Green tea...but didn't realize that green tea still has some caffeine in it.
I can't drink that much caffeine anymore, since it keeps me awake, and makes my heart race. I used to love, love, love coffee...and it didn't really bother me. I could drink it anytime of day or night...but in the last ten years or so, ...I had to cut it down to only one cup in the morning. My favorite now is nescafe moka coffee. But I still love decaf coffee, too,...just mix it with a bit of hot chocolate powder mix.
Hot coco sounds good on a cold winter's day. I think I should buy some.

Awwww....that photo of big Scotch and little Pumpkin is adorable! :loveeyes:
I can't believe the size difference, either.
It's like a basketball sitting beside a tennis ball, or maybe softball. hahaha.
I can't believe our cats were that small as kittens.
Thanks for the photo, Tbtra...and you have a wonderful Friday, too. :jive:

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is this the cutest 🐱🐱❤

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha I didn’t attach it! This 🐱🐱😍
1612579470511.png
Oh, WOW. It's beyond the cutest.:loveeyes:
Scotch actually looks like he is smiling....up at Pumpkin. 😊

They are almost touching foreheads. So Caring and Sweet. 🥰 ☺

How did you manage to get this shot?
Is it the type of camera...and you put it on 'speed burst' or something...where you take 'continuous shots'?
So talented and amazing.

That's a magazine cover...or poster...for sure.
you just have to come up with a good saying....like, "when things are tough, special family or friends watch over you."
Or, "just smile and look up, you'll find a friend".
"The good things in life are closer than you think"
"The view from here looks good"
"When things get hard, we will do it together"

I think the possibilities are endless.
That photo is so inspiring. :clover:
Cute beyond measure.

You rock, Tbtra. :rock: :thanks:

tbtra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, WOW. It's beyond the cutest.:loveeyes:
Scotch actually looks like he is smiling....up at Pumpkin. 😊

They are almost touching foreheads. So Caring and Sweet. 🥰 ☺

How did you manage to get this shot?
Is it the type of camera...and you put it on 'speed burst' or something...where you take 'continuous shots'?
So talented and amazing.

That's a magazine cover...or poster...for sure.
you just have to come up with a good saying....like, "when things are tough, special family or friends watch over you."
Or, "just smile and look up, you'll find a friend".
"The good things in life are closer than you think"
"The view from here looks good"
"When things get hard, we will do it together"

I think the possibilities are endless.
That photo is so inspiring. :clover:
Cute beyond measure.

You rock, Tbtra. :rock: :thanks:
Awww thank you Catnap! You really have inspired me to keep taking photos after your comments on my pictures of Butter and Scotch! :) :hearthrob: So I’ve started taking pics of theses two boys and I still feel that joy of getting a good/different photo! So I really thank you for that as your previous comments made me think maybe I do take special pictures ❤ So thank you for that encouragement!! And honestly I see them in a certain position or place and just snap their pics! On my iPhone!! I just take a ton of the pose at one time and usually get a good one! :rbheart: I’m glad you enjoyed it! I love this pic and would make a great poster / pic ! “ I could eat you but I kind of like you, so I won’t” Scotch ...hahahhaha
I’ll share more when I get another good one! Have a cozy weekend! Off to go grocery shopping then in for the weekend! We have the Super Bowl (football) tomorrow so it’s Always fun though the Quarterback playing use to be ours (Tom Brady) so it’s bitter sweet as he left New England last year! But o still hope he wins! ( I love that guy hahah) hope you have a cozy nice weekend!! Stay warm :heartshape::sunshine:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m glad you enjoyed it! I love this pic and would make a great poster / pic ! “ I could eat you but I kind of like you, so I won’t” Scotch ...hahahhaha
I could eat you but I kind of like you, so I won’t” Scotch
:crackup::flail:....hahaha....It does look like that, too. :lol:
(My eyes are watering, ...from laughing so hard, now.) 😂
I’ll share more when I get another good one! Have a cozy weekend! Off to go grocery shopping then in for the weekend! We have the Super Bowl (football) tomorrow so it’s Always fun though the Quarterback playing use to be ours (Tom Brady) so it’s bitter sweet as he left New England last year! But o still hope he wins! ( I love that guy hahah) hope you have a cozy nice weekend!! Stay warm :heartshape::sunshine:
Thanks for telling me about tomorrow's Super Bowl. Omy goodness...I always thought it was on the third or fourth sunday in february.
Not the first Sunday.
I would have totally missed it. I didn't know that Tom Brady is still playing. I thought he retired. That's amazing. I'll have to go and read up a bit about what all happened there. (My younger sister thinks he's good looking, too,....it must be a younger sister thing).:loveeyes: :lol:
I basically always just go for the 'underdogs' in the Super Bowl...which my cousin usually tells me about. Then half way through the game...I switch...to the team that I think has the better quarterback, and does the better passes. :thumbsup::crazy::popcorn:🏈
Have a wonderful weekend, too, Tbtra. ...yes, and cozy, too.
"...a cozy nice weekend..."...that sounds so good. :cloud9: