I lost both at once yesterday

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so, so very sorry. You did the right thing, the ONLY thing. Now, from That Place Where All Things Are Known, they bless you for choosing heartbreak over their pain. And their love, translated and purified into Love, has scampered back and will be with you always.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They both are at peace now, they have your love for comfort, and you have theirs to give you the strength to endure what is to come, a broken heart. We always want our loved ones to peacefully slip from this world in their sleep to the next, but in reality that rarely happens. The suffering in between is what we want to stop. You gave those precious little ones their everything, a wonderful home, and your love. For many years. This was something that was not going to be cured, was going to be a continued source of pain. Your love gave you the strength to do what was right, the pain will be equal to that love. There is ALWAYS guilt, second-guessing, and all those what if's that come with grieving. It is what grieving is. You will never get over this, you work through it and build a new life's order for yourself without their physical presence. A presence that will be so dearly missed. But like you, yourself would want if you were the first to go, so they want for you. To go forward into life once more and learn to seek its happiness and joy that truly living brings, something they loved so much also.
There is a powerful bond that will forever bind your souls together. It is spiritual, not physical, it is love. They will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. "Death cannot take that which never dies".
My heart breaks for your pain. I have stood in your shoes before. I know how helpless, how angry, how incredibly painful this is. Nothing but time will help you now, getting through the next day, the next hour, the next second. It helps to know others have survived, but it is also personal, only yours. No one else in this whole world loved those two boys as you did. And no one else will suffer as you will. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, please take care of yourself and try not to dwell on the end, but concentrate on their lives. Do not let their end be more important than their lives, that can never be.......RIP sweet Scooby and Ash. You are forever together now as you were in life. You will be so dearly missed, you both will always have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord watch over and keep you both, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know the details but this sounds terrible, but like the others have said you were so very strong and brave. It is the hardest thing that we can do as pet owners, but sometimes it is the only thing to do, but it is absolutely devastating when it happens.

They are fine now, just fine, and when you meet again it will be wonderful....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your losses, I hope that your heart starts to heal a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart grieves for you as we both endure the pain of loss to death. Love does not die, though, and our loved ones returned to our Creator, to rejoin the ancestors and those yet to be born. Someday we will all be reunited and until then, our TCS family will be here for us, offering comfort & asking our opinions and advice for helping other cats and kittens in need. All your experiences, both joyful and sad, have given you wisdom that is of great need by others. {{{E-hugs}}}