I know it's probably early to tell everyone...

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but I've never been one who would keep a secret for long.

I'm 5 weeks pregnant!!!!! DH and I just found out Friday.
We definitely planned it, but I wasn't sure I would get pregnant so soon (we only tried for two months).

We are very excited and happy about this!! I am doing everything I need to do to make sure baby and I are healthy and get the nutrients we need. That means my previous low-carb diet is out the window and my new diet of healthy choices is in.

I can drink a glass of milk with my breakfast. I forgot how good milk was.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Congrats!

Lots of for an uneventful pregnancy!
Thank you!! I've got most of the symptoms happening except morning sickness. I'm actually really excited about the symptoms, lol.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!! I hope you have a very happy & healthy 9 months

I hated morning sickness- I had it the entire 1st and part of the 2nd trimester. Although mine was an all day sickness - ICK!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!! I always LOVE to hear happy baby news... as long as I'M not the one having the baby.
I hope your pregnancy goes spectacularly well. Low-carb is no good for you anyway.
BAD carbs are the devil, not good carbs like whole grains and fiber rich foods.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

Congratulations!!! I always LOVE to hear happy baby news... as long as I'M not the one having the baby.
I hope your pregnancy goes spectacularly well. Low-carb is no good for you anyway.
BAD carbs are the devil, not good carbs like whole grains and fiber rich foods.
Those are the carbs I was eating.
I wasn't doing 20grams of carbs or anything, I was at 70 grams of good net carbs a day, and 60 grams of protein. But even with that, milk was still a bit of a stretch to add to my diet.

So I'm just going to stick with the good foods for me and baby.
Milk, yogurt, fruits, veggies, healthy proteins, etc.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm of the thinking that cow's milk is for baby cows anyway...
I can't just drink a glass of milk, it seriously grosses me out. Plus, I have a torrid love affair going on with chocolate Silk. It is SO delicious!!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many congratulations! How exciting!

Hope you can continue to eat healthy and have an appetite... keep taking those prenatal vitamins if you can, stay away from all meds, even over-the-counter ones like Advil, etc., and stay away from all artificial stuff especially artificial sugars (have been proven to cause learning disabilities). <- some unsolicited advice

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww
yay, congratulations to you hun. I have 3 children and pregnancy was the best thing ever for me, I even enjoyed giving birth
. xx for a wonderful 9 months.x

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

Well, I'm of the thinking that cow's milk is for baby cows anyway...
I can't just drink a glass of milk, it seriously grosses me out. Plus, I have a torrid love affair going on with chocolate Silk. It is SO delicious!!
Haha, I can't drink soy milk due to my thyroid issues. Soy has been proven to actually decrease thyroid production, which is counter to what my meds help with.
But I LOVE milk and have always loved it. Just had to limit my intake for the carb count. Soooo glad that's over.

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Many congratulations! How exciting!

Hope you can continue to eat healthy and have an appetite... keep taking those prenatal vitamins if you can, stay away from all meds, even over-the-counter ones like Advil, etc., and stay away from all artificial stuff especially artificial sugars (have been proven to cause learning disabilities). <- some unsolicited advice
I've been taking prenatal vitamins since I've been off BC, before we started trying.
Doctor's orders.

The only medications I have been told I can take are my Zyrtec (if I don't take it, I WILL get a sinus infection), my thyroid meds (without those, the fetus cannot develop properly since my thyroid controls my hormone production) and Tylenol.

I'm done with artificial sugars, and I'm drinking green tea instead of coffee, and I'm trying to drink more water.

I'm just really trying to get healthier foods and coming up with planned meals for dinner (something that was sooo hard to do with low-carb diets). I figure that I'm off the low carb wagon until we're done having kids and I'm no longer breastfeeding.

The biggest reason I have been going low carb is because of family history of Type II diabetes. It'll be easier to prevent that if I keep my weight down and my carb consumption to healthy carbs and moderation.

The other thing that has been difficult for me so far is making sure I don't get too hungry. I said I don't have morning sickness (or any sickness like that at all) but if I don't eat a couple of snacks between meal times I do start to feel a bit woozy. Coming from a society where eating when you're not starving is considered overeating is a bit odd for me.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A baby is a wonderful blessing. I am so happy for you. I wish you the best nine months ever.