I Know Hes Tabby But Something Else As Well

Lui7677

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
2019-04-02_17.30.45.jpg
So i adopted max from petsmart two years back, his chart read that he was three months old nice big mits and at the time didnt think anything of his size.... Max has grown and still continues to do so. im 5'11 and when he stretches for a hug the tips of his paws reach my hips. he's very lengthy anywhere from 12 to 14 pounds pending on what i feed him throughout the week and super smart... Smart enough to "leave it be" when i ask him to or smart enough to know what lay down means i tell everyone hes kinda like a cat dog he goes on walks with me and is also trained as a shoulder cat yes i said shoulder lol he hangs the back end of himself in my hoodie and perches on my right shoulder in the front... trained in a few commands hes an awesome guy. i just would like to know what breeds hes got in him and dont have the moneys for a teat current. So i thought id try a post here see if anyone has seen anything like him.
2019-04-02_17.30.45.jpg
Screenshot_2017-12-20-13-35-13.png
20190327_082113.jpg
20190327_082001.jpg
20180223_011436.jpg
2018-01-13_13.30.16.jpg
20190604_204456.jpg
IMG_4764.jpg
20190331_233407.jpg
20190326_103159.jpg
20190221_213741.jpg

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Max is so handsome! I love his ear tufts! I would describe him as a brown broken mackerel (spots and stripes) tabby Domestic Shorthair. Domestic Shorthair cats (or moggies as they are called in the UK) are landrace cats, the “natural cat”, (usually locally adapted). I don’t see any particular breed influences mixed into your adorable kitty, but, if you’re curious about if there are any breeds that Max is genetically more similar to, you can do DNA testing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lui7677

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Max is so handsome! I love his ear tufts! I would describe him as a brown broken mackerel (spots and stripes) tabby Domestic Shorthair. Domestic Shorthair cats (or moggies as they are called in the UK) are landrace cats, the “natural cat”, (usually locally adapted). I don’t see any particular breed influences mixed into your adorable kitty, but, if you’re curious about if there are any breeds that Max is genetically more similar to, you can do DNA testing.
Yeah i recently seen something in the vets office about testing but cant afford right now and a mackerel i was thinking as well as a kitten the M on his head was more in tact now as a adult tho he seems to have this spider pattern with lil black dots in the center i work in a petstore and have never seen the pattern so equally placed as a kitten or adult so i was thinking a cat i may have not seen or know about i like to learn so i thought id ask around here

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah i recently seen something in the vets office about testing but cant afford right now and a mackerel i was thinking as well as a kitten the M on his head was more in tact now as a adult tho he seems to have this spider pattern with lil black dots in the center i work in a petstore and have never seen the pattern so equally placed as a kitten or adult so i was thinking a cat i may have not seen or know about i like to learn so i thought id ask around here
He does have a unique pattern! “Broken mackerel” means interrupted stripes. Solid stripes is just called “mackerel”. The “M” on his head is seen in all tabby-pattern cats.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Just dropping in to say what a handsome boy, Max is :) Looks like he likes to go on adventures with you. He reminds me of my cat Pepsi back home, who also loves to perch on my son's shoulder that I sometimes joke if he is a bird or a cat. :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might check out the breeds Bengal and Siamese. I can almost see Siamese in his large pointed ears, longer nose and his eyes! His spots may indicate some Bengal. without papers the point is moot, but both breeds are talkative, very active, loyal to one person, and prone to being stubborn and mischievious, does that describe him?

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He looks like a cute tabby domestic shorthair! That behavior doesn't suggest any particular breed; it just shows he's a special kitty with his own personality.

His weight isn't unusual either. For instance, my boy kitty, a red mackerel tabby and white domestic shorthair, is 14.5 pounds at a year old. He's big, but not big enough to suggest one of the fancy "big breeds."